Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2014.05.23 - London, UK @ The O2

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Post gig comedown, no more NIN live for me now till whenever when. Ended up buying a t-shirt after the gig, bought the charcoal grey one. Shame they don't sell mugs so I can add to my small rock mug collection!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Only after I woke up in the morning did I realise that my £25 t-shirt was a ladies'.
    Took multiple minutes to peel it back off again, I thought my epitaph might read like a colonist's in Aliens - "they killed him taking it off."

Seriously, why are they so incapable of designing attractive men's tees for NIN? Every halo is packaged with stunning and/or iconic artwork.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 05-24-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Only after I woke up in the morning did I realise that my £25 t-shirt was a ladies'.
    Took multiple minutes to peel it back off again, I thought my epitaph might read like a colonist's in Aliens - "they killed him taking it off."

Seriously, why are they so incapable of designing attractive men's tees for NIN? Every halo is packaged with stunning and/or iconic artwork.
    I think you can totally rock that anyway, but it is a shame that there's many shirts that are ladies' fit/men's fit only.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

I was going to buy that but it has no back print?. So I bought the men's charcoal grey one in small. Don't know why they can't have better design t-shirts!
    Last edited by miss k bee; 05-24-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I came from Vienna for this gig and it was worth every single penny. Fuck, that was an amazing concert. The crowd was AMAZING. Somehow I managed to get to the first 10 rows without having a nin.com presale ticket. The setlist was standard but the crowd more than made up for it. Copy of A is fantastic live. Trent was really enjoying it too.. he said it was "a fucking amazing night".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    I came from Vienna for this gig and it was worth every single penny. Fuck, that was an amazing concert. The crowd was AMAZING. Somehow I managed to get to the first 10 rows without having a nin.com presale ticket. The setlist was standard but the crowd more than made up for it. Copy of A is fantastic live. Trent was really enjoying it too.. he said it was "a fucking amazing night".
    Glad it worked out well for you, seeing as it was so last minute!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Just got back home to Germany and all I can say is: wow! what a great weekend I had! the show at the O2 had everything that I had missed in Berlin and I had very good seats, or well, I took over some really great seats after having spotted some empty places so I could move up front quite a bit!

I liked the setlist even more than the Berlin show, except for "beside you in time" which I would have loved to have seen with the full production. either way, I got "the wretched" again which will always be my favorite live NIN tune! Highlights for me: me, I'm not into copy of a and the visuals for closer, eraser and hurt. So, so, so amazing to see Trent still rocking out like a boss! This whole tour definitely was worth the 7 year long wait!

My whole trip worked like a charme! I had a great time in London before the show and even got to the train to Cambridge in time without any stress. Me and my pal spent Saturday walking through the town, talking about the show and even playing pool in the college's leisure room listening to NIN. Lots of fun and I'm really sad I couldn't stay any longer in the UK and do some more shows.

At the airport today I even spent my last pounds on a copy of gone girl for the sake of it and to top my NIN weekend off nicely!
    Last edited by dlb; 05-25-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought Nails were excellent on Friday, crowd was a little muted, but it was my first time sitting at one of their gigs, so that might have just been the norm for all I know. Had a good crowd immediately around us though and had a great time singing and dancing along throughout. Highlight was definitely TGD which was just awesome, one of my favourite NIN songs anyway, and when those beautifully filthy industrial beats came in...it was pretty damn orgasmic.

EDITED to put smaller version of photo in.
    Last edited by Tchrin; 05-25-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also if anyone knows of any recording (video or audio) of this gig please let me know/post! Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a good show but overall I was slightly disappointed with the setlist. Maybe it's because I've seen NIN quite a few times since TF era but the sequence MOTP - Piggy - The frail/wretched is so predictable. Same with Eraser - Wish or THTF - HLAH. I thought Berlin's setlist was much more interesting. More HM songs. I'm not too keen on hearing the same "hits" at every single gig. But hey, I'm not sure I'm the majority as the audience always seems to go wild during these songs.

I was also very far away surrounded by heavily drunk people who kept asking me if I wanted to smoke their electronic cigarette, which doesn't help getting into it.

Paris next!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frydek View Post
    I was also very far away surrounded by heavily drunk people who kept asking me if I wanted to smoke their electronic cigarette, which doesn't help getting into it.
    Yeah man, is that a thing in London?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    Yeah man, is that a thing in London?
    Don't know man. Never seen this before. It actually took me a few moments to get it! One guy kept showing me his electronic cigarette but I had no idea what he wanted. I couldn't hear a thing. He kept on insisting and I finally got it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just an incredibly awesome, wholesome NIN experience. My heart sank a little when I heard TR wasn't bringing the full show over, but, honestly, this four-piece setup with Ilan coming forward more is really, really tight.

The Great Destroyer "2.0", as everyone says, is just mind-blowing and relentless.

Eraser sounded really goddamn meaty.

Head Like A Hole has been sounding different for sometime with the new haunting guitars over the outro, but they've definitely ramped it up even more lately. Massive, massive sound.

Seen NIN in venues large and small, but there was something about this night. It just felt really fucking solid, but definitely not too "safe".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Pics from London

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Video of almost the whole concert -

And video of the encore (as not in previous vid) -

As an aside...seriously, who does this? who pays to go to a gig just to film the whole thing!? Is it so they watch it back and wish they'd seen it live properly?! Makes no sense to me at all
    Last edited by Tchrin; 05-27-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm actually glad those people exist but only if they are not standing in front of me!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I love those guys who record the shows! I am truly grateful to them!