Thread: 2014.05.20 - Glasgow, Scotland @ Hydro Arena

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.05.20 - Glasgow, Scotland @ Hydro Arena

Glasgow.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2014.05.20 - Glasgow, Scotland @ Hydro Arena

That was fuckin superb, can't remember full setlist at the moment but started with me, I'm not then copy of a, more when I remember, heading to the car for the long drive home

Setlist was pretty much the same as Luxembourg, no survivalism, find my way instead and some of the songs were mixed around

Edit again as I'm remembering the frail and the wretched
    Last edited by scotty79; 05-20-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From memory...

Me im not
    Copy of a
    March of the pigs
    Piggy
    Find my way
    Disappointed
    The frail
    The wretched
    The warning
    Sanctified
    Closer
    The great destroyer
    Only
    The hand that feeds
    Head like a hole

TDTWWA
    Hurt

Im sure the orders wrong and there might be a couple missing but those were definetly all played

Edit: wish, gave up? and eraser were played too
    Last edited by [Shep]; 05-20-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Is this one of (if not the) first times they've played Me, I'm Not and The Warning at the same show? Aren't those usually a one-or-the-other deal?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The mic was thrown into the crowd durin piggy as well

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That was my 9th NIN show since 1999 and I think my favourite - absolutely brilliant. Didn't think anything would surpass the Astoria 2005 shows...

Down the front on the floor, the sound was beautifully loud and crystal clear - too many gigs these days suffer from being waay too loud, but they got this spot on.

I've been to hundreds of gigs since 1986 - this has to be one of my favourite arena shows - such an innovative and different use of lights and the screens were just fantastic. Thought the YZ stuff worked much better live.

Eraser is missing of that list....

Apart from personnel, how does this show differ from Tension, production wise...I had it in my head it was going to be a stripped down show - it didn't seem that way at all...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh...lived the snippet of sunspots that was played too...can't remember which track though .... Was it sanctified?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, yes. It was.

Hello everybody.
    I am back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sooo good. Was not expecting that level of production. Also was not expecting TR to be wearing a skirt/toga thing. ALSO was not expecting to hear Sanctified but I think it ended up being my favourite of the night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Everything about this was great. The light production was super impressive. Like @captainkurtz said, the sound was spot on too; clear and not too loud or distorted.

So good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought trents mike was weird. Not convinced on hydro acoustics. Barrowlands remains the high point. Light show was amazing though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post
    I thought trents mike was weird. Not convinced on hydro acoustics. Barrowlands remains the high point. Light show was amazing though
    I thought it dropped out a few times during gave up, was expectin him to star going mental, on another note sanctified live is amazing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was my first gig ever and I doubt it will ever be topped for me. The screens were amazing! I'm really hoping a high quality stream appears at somepoint as all I had was a crappy camera phone and a bit of distance from the stage. Got nothing good except some images that made it look like there was a massive explosion on stage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Made this just to say what an amazing show!
    Lights were crazy.. Sounded awesome..

my question: did anybody here the intro before Me, I'm not? It sounded like New Flesh, but with other stuff mixed in. Definetly wasn't Pinion. I hadn't heard it on other videos I've seen of the tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninteennightynine View Post

my question: did anybody here the intro before Me, I'm not? It sounded like New Flesh, but with other stuff mixed in. Definetly wasn't Pinion. I hadn't heard it on other videos I've seen of the tour.
    It's a mix of Pinion with The Eater of Dreams.
    We didn't get to hear this in Luxembourg..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninteennightynine View Post

I think it was just synths building into the intro, in the same vein as the way Copy of A started during the tension tour.

What a show that was though. Total different level than when I saw them in Leeds in August. So happy with that show and set list. Got a few good photos too!

http://imgur.com/a/ob8M0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Definitely wasn't pinion and eater of dreams... It was different. It was new flesh and something else
    Last edited by Ninteennightynine; 05-21-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @GavinCollins420 those are some great photos!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Totally didn't get searched when I picked up tickets, wish id sneaked im my dslr. Felt naked without it. Kept seeing someone in front of me near the pit with one though. Jealous

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone get any good footage of Eraser? Currently nothing on youtube. After Disappointed it had to be my favorite in terms of visuals. It was incredible what they did and I'd love to relive it albeit somewhat vicariously

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Trent and the boys were tight as hell last night.
    i bought a ticket for my best friend and he dosnt like nin, but after the gig he said that was the best gig ever .
    i thought it was a great setlist but i wished he would have played reptile or witt.
    one more thing i should have given that girl i meet my number im a Idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm fairly sure the opening track started as a version of The Downward Spiral and then bled into The New Flesh and Pinon.

Also....What a fucking brilliant show! This is tied with the Wave Goodbye show in Manchester for the most songs I really wanted to hear live. Utterly brilliant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is the guy that stopped me in the gents and was upset that i wasnt more psyched about seeing NIN on here? He'd seen NIN 10 times including a Chicago show?

He's was an interesting chap.....Not as interesting as the older NIN lady at the bus station who told us she would do Trent "Up the Council Gritter.".....She was a hoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I put some naff iphone clips up on youtube Not really worth watching, but all I have!

I liked the Hydro. There wasn't really a bad seat in the house, but the sound was quite deep/bassy. I was super impressed by how many toilets there were

Lighting/video was amazing. Trent was impersonal and wearing a frock. Had a great night anyway, even though I re-sprained my ankle walking back the hotel