Thread: 2014.05.16 - Luxembourg @ Rockhal

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.05.16 - Luxembourg @ Rockhal

Luxembourg

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    High quality show.
    4 piece line up: songs are played different, more sampled, more back to the basic with a different approach.
    Visuals: excellent. A lot of screen songs this time. Happy to be part of it.
    Rockhal (complete venue was used; 2009 was half of the venue parted with screen) was almost complete full (around 6000 people I think).

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-63c0be07.html

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    the audience was ok. i stood in the center around 20 m from the stage.
    on that position the sound was strange. i missed the energy during several songs. and the voice of trent was not optimal. sometimes i had the feeling he had problems with his voice.... the piano he used was also a few times inaudible.
    maybe it was my position. normally is center/center the perfect position.
    Last edited by witte; 05-19-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The show wasn't bad at all (solid?). You can't get every concert a very special one!

Anyhow I had a few highlights:
    The very powerful opener -Me I'm Not.
    -Disappointed (I wasn't disappointed about that one!) I'm glad I could experience a two-dimensional cubus and all the other beautiful lights going on during this song.
    The unexpected twist(s) during -The Day The World Went Away.
    I never heard -Sanctified live before
    and -Eraser!!
    furthermore -The Great Destroyer. Trent did a killer electronic solo there. The lights during these songs were also great.

But I don't like the shortened ending from -Closer! I'm missing the climactic finale before the piano solo.

The hero of the show is Ilan. All the different instruments he is playing during one show!
    Robin really looks bizarr/weird. I'm amazed about his way to change his stage persona.
    Allessandro, even when he his front on stage, he remains in the background.
    Trent is a great performer and singer even when his voice weakened slightly this night.

The people around us were into the show and we all enjoyed it.
    You can't always get the primary deluxe version (for the audience as well as for the band).
    My youngest was with me and he was amazed about the beauty of the sounds and in a way "the art of noises" NIN simply (still) stand for.
    Last edited by ZootZap; 05-17-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    excellent show, just a few minor comments: as far as presenting Hesitation Marks goes, this indoor show didn't add anything to what the 2013 festival setlist did: no other HM songs were added apart from the ones we already heard in 2013 (maybe it's because LUX didn't get any shows in '13). And I missed a calmer song halfway the set, so it can build up again from there.
    I noticed the same about Trent's voice, a day off should solve that. Anyway, a really really enjoyed this show, so much better than the bullshit you have to go through at festivals. And it was good to see some people of the 2009 Paris backstage gang back!