Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Nine Inch Nails Songs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rare Nine Inch Nails Songs

Is there anywhere that you can download "rare" Nine Inch Nails songs legally? By rare, I mean songs like the theme for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man, "Ghosts 37," "Ghosts 38," and the like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwhitacre View Post
    legally?
    Nope. 'Fraid not.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Is there anywhere that you can download "rare" Nine Inch Nails songs legally? By rare, I mean songs like the theme for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man, "Ghosts 37," "Ghosts 38," and the like.
    • There are some "rare" tracks available on remix.nin.com [FREE]
    • Ghosts is under a Creative Commons license so any way you download it is legal (more than likely, there are exceptions) [FREE]
    • If you're looking for a specific track in a specific format just ask on the board and wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there a way to make Trent actually record "Now I'm Nothing" and then release it so I can listen to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have all of those, but I am not sure if me giving them to you would be considered "legal".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Didn't we have a thread before with these "rarities"?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting for the songs "The Life you didn't lead" and "Message to no one" to pop up in some way, shape or form!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^ I don't see Dead souls in that list and it looks like i can't edit it in

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    ^ I don't see Dead souls in that list and it looks like i can't edit it in
    Why would Dead Souls be on that list?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    because Burn and Deep are listed

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    To edit things in, go to their page and add [[Category:Rare NIN Songs]] at the bottom.

Dead Souls is a tricky one. It's on the standard release of TDS-J, but on no other standard release (that's how, imo, a "rare" track should be judged, if it's on a standard release). I think throw this either to its discussion page or the ninwiki thread on ETS to decide?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Dead Souls is on the second disc of TDS-DE, and it's also on the Crow soundtrack. It still might qualify for the 'rare songs' list though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    indeed, nothing on TDS:DE could be considered rare anymore, as they're easily accessible in one place. same goes for "Get Down, Make Love" since it's on the PHM remaster. the whole idea of the list is (or should be) that they're not easily found on regular, in-print NIN official releases; for instance, "The Perfect Drug" is widely available and in print, but on the Lost Highway soundtrack, not a regular NIN release (since its inclusion on Halo 11 is exclusively overseas, and the WITT singles are long out of print), so it's a rare song.
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 12-04-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    I have all of those, but I am not sure if me giving them to you would be considered "legal".
    I think we surmised long ago that Ghosts 37 and 38 were likely licensed under the same terms as the rest of Ghosts I-IV. Feel free to post links to either of those.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I can upload Ghosts 37 and 38 is need be and it is allowed. Let me know guys.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I can upload Ghosts 37 and 38 is need be and it is allowed. Let me know guys.
    See my post above yours. Links to either of these are fine.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Related to this thread I guess: anyone know why Trent hasn't mentioned Theme for Tetsuo at all?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I did a full mixdown of all the multitracks for Ghosts I-IV and made a seperate album at one point so this is from that...

[iTunes / iDevice ready]
    Nine Inch Nails • Ghosts I-IV (Multitrack Edition)
    44.1 MB • 7 mins, 2 secs • m4a ALAC [Lossless] • 873 avg. bitrate

37. 37 Ghosts {2:17}
    38. 38 Ghosts {4:45}
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • This project took A LOT of time when I did it
    • All mixdowns were done with Adobe Audition
    • Silence at the beginning and end of tracks was cut so that's why times are shorter than what is posted around on internet
    • Sector boundary errors were fixed, blah blah blah.... I included all of the txt files for what I did if you're interested
    • Nothing extra was done to these tracks mixing or production wise except a straight mixdown
    • 37 Ghosts ends nicely right into 38 Ghosts, check it out
    • These are completely tagged with Tempo, Sort, Performance Credits, Album Art and Publishing Information (like on purchased iTunes files)

Megaupload
    Rapidshare
    Hotfile
    Filesonic

-------------------
    I'll update with more download links. I'll let some other kind soul post FLAC versions, mp3's, whatever
    Last edited by Jon; 12-04-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Thanks for your work, Jon.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    though many of them would be quite wonky to listen to, given that the vast majority of the Ghosts multitracks were unmixed.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    though many of them would be quite wonky to listen to, given that the vast majority of the Ghosts multitracks were unmixed.
    Which is exactly why I decided to take the time and make an "album" out of it

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    mp3s would be very nice.

Thank you Jon.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    mp3s would be very nice.
    What is this? 1998? (I'm just kidding)

Here's the same as I posted above only in mp3 320 CBR:

MEGAUPLOAD
    RAPIDSHARE
    HOTFILE
    FILESONIC

and here it is in FLAC:

MEGAUPLOAD
    RAPIDSHARE
    HOTFILE
    FILESONIC

• These two versions were tagged with foobar2k; album art was embedded with mp3tag
    Last edited by Jon; 12-04-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I did a full mixdown of all the multitracks for Ghosts I-IV and made a seperate album at one point so this is from that...
    Seriously, thanks for this! Especially in Apple Lossless! If I had good quality versions of these, I lost them ages ago.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It would be rad if we could use the first post in this thread to compile ALL of the rare and off-market tracks that trent has produced.

I occasionally stop by a Deftones message board, and they have threads just for all the stuff you'd have a hard time getting even by Torrent. If we're really the definintive NIN board, we should start putting it together!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It would be rad if we could use the first post in this thread to compile ALL of the rare and off-market tracks that trent has produced.

I occasionally stop by a Deftones message board, and they have threads just for all the stuff you'd have a hard time getting even by Torrent. If we're really the definintive NIN board, we should start putting it together!
    Agreed! I'd help in any way that I can/could.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

A full list of rare tracks is fine, but the problem with rare tracks is they're hard to buy, and ETS doesn't support piracy of Trent's music IIRC.
    And of course, what constitutes a rare track can be hard to say. Is his track with Josh Wink rare, as it's not well-known? Do his remixes, which are normally b sides and thus not commercially available long after release, count?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    A full list of rare tracks is fine, but the problem with rare tracks is they're hard to buy, and ETS doesn't support piracy of Trent's music IIRC.
    And of course, what constitutes a rare track can be hard to say. Is his track with Josh Wink rare, as it's not well-known? Do his remixes, which are normally b sides and thus not commercially available long after release, count?
    "Rare" is a horrible term here, in my opinion. If you're going to do a list make it something like "B-Sides and Non-Album" tracks. Then seperate lists for Collaborations, Remixes, Production Work, Unreleased, etc.

just my 2 cents