Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ahhh breaking out in hives/ contact dermatitis around my tattoo! pretty sure its from the lotion, I will have to switch or use more sparingly. off to the store for some Benadryl before I start getting too itchy

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Are you using fragrance- and dye-free lotion?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    yes, I was using after inked http://www.afterinked.com/ but it seems really thick, I am just going to start using lubriderm/ curel

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ah, you need a plain and light (as watery as possible) cream. I find the ones I've stolen from hotels are the best. Also only use the teeniest bit each time.

I use Tattoo Goo, but only once the scab has fallen off - and I use it even more on chapped lips.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I use Aquaphor, myself. But yeah, don't lay it on too thick while it's healing.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have five so far, mainly on my back, torso & arms. Just started this one recently. It needs to be filled in w/more color, so it's not finished yet , but I'm pleased w/the progress so far.

Regarding the eternal question of aftercare, I tried a ton of stuff & always had the best results from using A & D Ointment (yes, the stuff for diaper rash) for a couple of days before switching over to Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, not the cream, & no more than two light applications per day for a week to two weeks (depending on the area). Never really liked the products specifically formulated for tattoo aftercare as much.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I got one in '93, it's about 1 1/2" in diameter, in a place you can't see unless I'm wearing a rather revealing bathing suit, I had the image designed, and I think that's the first and last one I'm gonna get. Frankly, I forget it's there 99% of the time.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    This makes me curious about others and ask what was it that made you commit to a particular image?
    Mine is an image from my childhood, one that is comforting to me. From a book. The whole process represented a significant change in my life that I wanted to document. Now it's barely noticeable.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I don't judge those who do as long as they are pleasing, support some particular position or is symbolic of something important to you. I've seen some just beautiful tattoos, but I just can't see me being so committed to a particular image. This makes me curious about others and ask what was it that made you commit to a particular image?
    Well when I got my first tattoo I was very strongly committed to the idea that all tattoos should have a personal meaning to them. That has faded a bit now I have three (although they all do have meaning), and now I don't have a problem with the idea of getting a tattoo of something just because you think it's beautiful and want to have it on your body forever.

In terms of what I actually chose to get, I spent a very long time thinking about all of them, but when I hit on the right idea it just "clicked" and I knew I would be happy to have that on me forever. I agree that things you put on your body identify you and what you're about and so in that sense I feel like my ink makes me more me.

I got my first one (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/snowflaker.jpg/) because it reminds me of being in the mountains with some of the most important members of my family. I've been skiing every year with my Dad's side of my family since I was 7, and the place we go is one of my ultimate happy places in the whole world and the snowflake reminds me of that and them. But it's weird, the longer I have it, the more meanings it acquires. I stumbled on this quote the other day: "snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together" and I just love that.

This one (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/photo295s.jpg/) is for my little sister, who is my best friend in the whole wide world and is always by my side. It's also a tribute to Queens of the Stone Age.

And this (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...102100100.jpg/) is an abstract representation of The Fragile. You're on this forum so I'm sure you can imagine why I have it

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I really like that snowflake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    so now my heavily tattooed friend is telling me that I'm letting it get too dry with the thinner lotion, I cant win. I'm sure it will heal fine.... as long as these hives stop spreading, they are in the tattoo now and on my other arm. trying not to scratch is getting tougher

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Did you go to the doctor?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Year Zero had an impact on me. Literally.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    ahhh breaking out in hives/ contact dermatitis around my tattoo! pretty sure its from the lotion, I will have to switch or use more sparingly. off to the store for some Benadryl before I start getting too itchy
    Sure it's hives? I only ask cause had a tattoo get infected once. I never went to the DR. but I'm sure it would have helped if i had. It REALLY sucked though so if it's just kind of an annoyance you may be good.

As far as stuff i put on my tattoos i have been using the same tin of tattoo goo i got many years back. Seems to work pretty good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got this last year

I've always loved the cover art for 'die, die my darling'. So when I found out that it was based from an 1953's comic called Chamber of Chills and it was in full colour, I had to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Edit. This isn't the Australian thread.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My buddy who usually does pretty good work fucked up the last tattoo he gave me and im pissed. Damn fool....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    My buddy who usually does pretty good work fucked up the last tattoo he gave me and im pissed. Damn fool....
    What happened?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    He went too deep on a black part and fucked it up, it will probably look ok but still not good. It was right on the boney part below the knee on the inside and that may be why it happened. For some reason he doesn't seem to think that using multiple needles for coloring is a good idea. He's been at it for about 10 years now but is too dense to settle in and get his license, and learn all the shit that he has to on his own. It's just a small part of it and I'm gonna have him do what he can to fix it but it's just more disappointing than anything. Like they say you get what you pay for, and it didn't cost me anything.

I did the other day start to settle on what i wanna finish my arm with though. I have all the main pieces picked out more or less i think. Hopefully with the money i should be making here soon i should be able to start on it.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 01-03-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    still thinking about a nin tattoo. but every one I've seen so far looks like complete shit http://beta.media.nin.com/gallery/in...al=1315&page=1. maybe not such a good idea at all.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ^^^^^^
    Totally forgot about this painting, it scared the shit out of me as a kid when i saw it in some book. I think i may have to make that a tattoo at some point. I think I'm finally starting to piece out the rest of my sleeve. Now i just need the money to get it all done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    just browsed for tattoo ideas on tumblr and found this:

hehe.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I got the APC 3 Libras logo a few days ago. Picture taken right after he was done.
    http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/o...3librastat.jpg

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

newest addition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukey View Post
    that's some awesome line work. is that someone's real handwriting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    that's some awesome line work. is that someone's real handwriting?
    Thanks, and no it's just a font. That was taken a few hours after I got it so it looks even better now it's healed.

I'm so addicted to getting tattoos, but I've promised myself my next one is going to be a Big One - like a thigh piece or a side piece. Feel like I'm ready to commit!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm getting addicted too, so I'm trying to take a break. 3 tattoos in 9 months seems like a lot!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've been itching for a tattoo recently but I KNOW I can't afford it and I don't even really have an idea as to what I'd want- so I avoid thinking about it....I just convince myself that "you have enough tattoos already!".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I feel like I'm getting addicted too, so I'm trying to take a break. 3 tattoos in 9 months seems like a lot!
    Heh, 4 in 14 months. We been bitten by the same bug methinks.