Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got this done on saturday with the little lady herself in the pic

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got this tattoo the same day my father died. I was actually on the chair when my sister kept calling me and I had to ask my artist if we could take a break. Called my sister back and she broke the news to me...I was in shock since I had just seen my dad four days prior and he seemed perfectly fine. I went back to the chair and told my artist what had happened and he asked if I wanted to continue. I told him yes and we continued for another five hours in complete silence. I pretty much just zoned out and he finally stopped and said "okay, I think thats enough for today." I ended up sobbing the moment I got to my car because it had finally sunk in that he was gone. It's a little bitter-sweet too since my dad and I both enjoyed the Alien movies and he also appreciated Giger's work. Hopefully I will finish this arm and have a whole Giger sleeve at some point....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my best friend was in town for most of october, and we got two more matching tattoos (we already had baby ducks from regular show)

double-snakes (mine was embellished by our tattoo artist)

puppy paws

i miss her so much already. three weeks after a year and a half isn't enough time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got this bunny adventurer a little over a month ago and forgot to post it
    matches my fox adventurer on the other calf

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    received a surprise gift of money over the holidays and have decided to get my third, and last, tattoo.
    waiting for consultation date.
    the bootes constellation with a totem pole in the middle.
    already sort of tripping, as i really am not fond of the process, but worth it for the end result.
    anyway, pic upon completion <3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got a tattoo of my cat, kaylee, yesterday! as usual, expertly designed & tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got this yesterday as a belated 30th b-day present to myself. i'll post more about it in one of the NIN threads.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been planning my next one. Giving serious consideration to this:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got this a couple weeks ago
    designed by my best friend, tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo
    it's a mix of things from the mini-series Over The Garden Wall (which i highly recommend watching, obviously). i believe it's on hulu.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Never thought I would want a "politically charged" tattoo, but this is something I've been thinking about off and on since before the election.
    I've been wanting to get a pink triangle tattoo, but I'm still unsure where I want it. Especially since I don't do well with warm colors, and I don't want it to just look like a patch of mis-colored skin if it's too small.

Thoughts?

(as far as placement, I already have a NIN logo and concert date of my first show on top left arm, AIR flag and # on top right arm, both are black ink only, and am leaving inside of lower left arm blank for a Fragile-inspired tattoo in the future when I find someone really good with what I'm looking to get.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Never thought I would want a "politically charged" tattoo, but this is something I've been thinking about off and on since before the election.
    I've been wanting to get a pink triangle tattoo, but I'm still unsure where I want it. Especially since I don't do well with warm colors, and I don't want it to just look like a patch of mis-colored skin if it's too small.

Thoughts?

(as far as placement, I already have a NIN logo and concert date of my first show on top left arm, AIR flag and # on top right arm, both are black ink only, and am leaving inside of lower left arm blank for a Fragile-inspired tattoo in the future when I find someone really good with what I'm looking to get.)
    i think the best way to ensure that it doesn't look like discolored skin is to outline it in black or grey to define it better. also, that's an awesome idea for a tattoo. if i ever got any in something other than greyscale i'd probably go for one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think the best way to ensure that it doesn't look like discolored skin is to outline it in black or grey to define it better. also, that's an awesome idea for a tattoo. if i ever got any in something other than greyscale i'd probably go for one.
    I was planning on my Fragile-themed one being my first color, but I really want to make sure it looks as amazing as possible, so I'm patient in waiting until I find an artist I like that I can go to for it. That, and I guess this would be a good way to test and see how my skin takes to color. I know my black didn't stay in very dark (and I have to have the AIR flag re-filled because it's pretty light in some spots). I wasn't sure about outlining, mostly just hoping that it doesn't take away from the pigment inside so much that it ends up looking like it's just an empty triangle.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I was planning on my Fragile-themed one being my first color, but I really want to make sure it looks as amazing as possible, so I'm patient in waiting until I find an artist I like that I can go to for it. That, and I guess this would be a good way to test and see how my skin takes to color. I know my black didn't stay in very dark (and I have to have the AIR flag re-filled because it's pretty light in some spots). I wasn't sure about outlining, mostly just hoping that it doesn't take away from the pigment inside so much that it ends up looking like it's just an empty triangle.
    some of that can be ink. my artist (who is amazing) had a bad batch of ink for a bit so a few of my tattoos need to be retouched because the ink just didn't hold its pigment properly (my regular show baby duck is a good example - the controller it's holding is supposed to be a solid black rectangle but it's really patchy).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Crow T. Robot from MST3K!
    designed & tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

"nobody gets me. i'm the wind, baby!"
    tom servo on my other thigh, to match crow!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Was talking tattoos with a friend and later that day the artist I want to get my next tattoo from (who is always booked well in advance) posts online a short notice slot for this Saturday. It's not a big enough slot to do the one have been planning but I'm going to get a smaller one while we do a consult for the bigger tattoo

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

totally forgot to post this here when i got it last month (or was it in may?)

this is an alethiometer from philip pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy (the golden compass, etc.)
    as usual, tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo in chicago
    it's on the outside of my right thigh

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I've been drinking so I'm being honest and all that shit:
    @eversonpoe : I think all your tattoos look really awesome, but I have to ask:

are you now or almost getting to the stage of Krusty where he's put on so many nicotine patches he says to sideshow Mel that there's still some room on his butt? Lol

Legit question, not poking fun at all.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I've been drinking so I'm being honest and all that shit:
    @eversonpoe : I think all your tattoos look really awesome, but I have to ask:

are you now or almost getting to the stage of Krusty where he's put on so many nicotine patches he says to sideshow Mel that there's still some room on his butt? Lol

Legit question, not poking fun at all.
    i still have plenty of room on my back and my legs, and in one spot on my left arm. there are small spots on the rest of my arms where i can put little things. don't think i'll ever get anything on my belly haha. but yeah, i have a lot of tattoos. around 40 at this point, i think? at a certain point, you stop counting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Looking great at 24 hours on

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just set up an appointment for my 3rd tattoo Saturday. The excited anxiety is already setting in.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Just set up an appointment for my 3rd tattoo Saturday. The excited anxiety is already setting in.
    what are you getting?!?

i haven't gotten one for a couple months and it's the longest i've gone for three years so i'm starting to get the itch!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    going to make my appointment to get my brand new/manson piece to cover up my calf soon.

I'm getting the deja astronaut with the omega symbol on the side of the helmet, sort of a play on the "dead astronaut in space" imagery.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what are you getting?!?
    A botanical illustration of the flower on The Fragile along with "The Fragile" written in that script underneath.
    Because earth loving hippie + science nerd + artist + The Fragile is the best album ever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

less than 24 hours old, on left forearm.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, that hurt.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ok, so i have a fair few tattoos, knuckles hands then going up my arms, neck and chest.
    but i'm extremely self consious about my lower arms and hands as i started getting these done while in crisis a few years ago, now i've come to the decision,
    i'm gonna get my hands and lower arms blacked out.

anyone have any thoughts?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finished after 4 sessions spread out across the past year or so:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Taken just after I got this two days ago. It's a Placebo reference, but it refers to a whole bunch of things in my life. I think I've gotten the bug.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    ok, so i have a fair few tattoos, knuckles hands then going up my arms, neck and chest.
    but i'm extremely self consious about my lower arms and hands as i started getting these done while in crisis a few years ago, now i've come to the decision,
    i'm gonna get my hands and lower arms blacked out.

anyone have any thoughts?

I would try to figure out what it is that you no longer like about said tattoos, is it the subject matter? the memories attached? the aesthetics?

I don't have very much tattoo knowledge but my thoughts are that aesthetically blackout tattoos look like one bad decision being covered up by another (I know some people love the look but its not my cup of tea) The tattoos may still be slightly visible under the black and able to trigger any bad memories attached. It is probably the cheapest option though.
    Lasering could give you a fresher start, but probably not feasible for such a large area.
    I would say a long discussion with a good artist is probably in order. I think a combination of laser on the hands and a smaller cover-up on the forearms would probably yield the best results

anyways, congrats on getting your head in a better space and good luck!

also @imail724 yours makes me think of a less cartoon version of futurama and its pretty damn awesome overall