Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 211 to 225 of 225

Thread: Tattoos

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ayrshire
    Posts
    217
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    got this done on saturday with the little lady herself in the pic

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,053
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Got this tattoo the same day my father died. I was actually on the chair when my sister kept calling me and I had to ask my artist if we could take a break. Called my sister back and she broke the news to me...I was in shock since I had just seen my dad four days prior and he seemed perfectly fine. I went back to the chair and told my artist what had happened and he asked if I wanted to continue. I told him yes and we continued for another five hours in complete silence. I pretty much just zoned out and he finally stopped and said "okay, I think thats enough for today." I ended up sobbing the moment I got to my car because it had finally sunk in that he was gone. It's a little bitter-sweet too since my dad and I both enjoyed the Alien movies and he also appreciated Giger's work. Hopefully I will finish this arm and have a whole Giger sleeve at some point....


  3. #213
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    my best friend was in town for most of october, and we got two more matching tattoos (we already had baby ducks from regular show)



    double-snakes (mine was embellished by our tattoo artist)



    puppy paws

    i miss her so much already. three weeks after a year and a half isn't enough time.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)


    got this bunny adventurer a little over a month ago and forgot to post it
    matches my fox adventurer on the other calf

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    received a surprise gift of money over the holidays and have decided to get my third, and last, tattoo.
    waiting for consultation date.
    the bootes constellation with a totem pole in the middle.
    already sort of tripping, as i really am not fond of the process, but worth it for the end result.
    anyway, pic upon completion <3

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)


    got a tattoo of my cat, kaylee, yesterday! as usual, expertly designed & tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)


    got this yesterday as a belated 30th b-day present to myself. i'll post more about it in one of the NIN threads.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    847
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Been planning my next one. Giving serious consideration to this:


  9. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)


    got this a couple weeks ago
    designed by my best friend, tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo
    it's a mix of things from the mini-series Over The Garden Wall (which i highly recommend watching, obviously). i believe it's on hulu.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,708
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Never thought I would want a "politically charged" tattoo, but this is something I've been thinking about off and on since before the election.
    I've been wanting to get a pink triangle tattoo, but I'm still unsure where I want it. Especially since I don't do well with warm colors, and I don't want it to just look like a patch of mis-colored skin if it's too small.

    Thoughts?

    (as far as placement, I already have a NIN logo and concert date of my first show on top left arm, AIR flag and # on top right arm, both are black ink only, and am leaving inside of lower left arm blank for a Fragile-inspired tattoo in the future when I find someone really good with what I'm looking to get.)

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Never thought I would want a "politically charged" tattoo, but this is something I've been thinking about off and on since before the election.
    I've been wanting to get a pink triangle tattoo, but I'm still unsure where I want it. Especially since I don't do well with warm colors, and I don't want it to just look like a patch of mis-colored skin if it's too small.

    Thoughts?

    (as far as placement, I already have a NIN logo and concert date of my first show on top left arm, AIR flag and # on top right arm, both are black ink only, and am leaving inside of lower left arm blank for a Fragile-inspired tattoo in the future when I find someone really good with what I'm looking to get.)
    i think the best way to ensure that it doesn't look like discolored skin is to outline it in black or grey to define it better. also, that's an awesome idea for a tattoo. if i ever got any in something other than greyscale i'd probably go for one.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,708
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i think the best way to ensure that it doesn't look like discolored skin is to outline it in black or grey to define it better. also, that's an awesome idea for a tattoo. if i ever got any in something other than greyscale i'd probably go for one.
    I was planning on my Fragile-themed one being my first color, but I really want to make sure it looks as amazing as possible, so I'm patient in waiting until I find an artist I like that I can go to for it. That, and I guess this would be a good way to test and see how my skin takes to color. I know my black didn't stay in very dark (and I have to have the AIR flag re-filled because it's pretty light in some spots). I wasn't sure about outlining, mostly just hoping that it doesn't take away from the pigment inside so much that it ends up looking like it's just an empty triangle.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I was planning on my Fragile-themed one being my first color, but I really want to make sure it looks as amazing as possible, so I'm patient in waiting until I find an artist I like that I can go to for it. That, and I guess this would be a good way to test and see how my skin takes to color. I know my black didn't stay in very dark (and I have to have the AIR flag re-filled because it's pretty light in some spots). I wasn't sure about outlining, mostly just hoping that it doesn't take away from the pigment inside so much that it ends up looking like it's just an empty triangle.
    some of that can be ink. my artist (who is amazing) had a bad batch of ink for a bit so a few of my tattoos need to be retouched because the ink just didn't hold its pigment properly (my regular show baby duck is a good example - the controller it's holding is supposed to be a solid black rectangle but it's really patchy).

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)


    Crow T. Robot from MST3K!
    designed & tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    5,396
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)


    "nobody gets me. i'm the wind, baby!"
    tom servo on my other thigh, to match crow!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions