Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm not going to derail another thread with your stuff.

I will say that I'm sorry if "crazy" offended you. I have seen you refer to yourself as such. There was no malicious intent behind that word.

Also, this is basically the most civil and cordial community that I have ever participated in online. If you think people here are rude, then the Internet is probably not for you.

I have stood up for you when people were being dicks. But if a friend went through the same story as you have, I would be telling them the exact same things I say to you... Bad ideas all around. Because that's what friends do. If you want people to sugar coat things and tell you that you're making great decisions... Again, the Internet is probably not for you.

I hope you prove us wrong and you guys find stability and happiness. It just seems extremely sketchy and impulse driven at this time.

I'm done talking about it now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Also, this is basically the most civil and cordial community that I have ever participated in online. If you think people here are rude, then the Internet is probably not for you.
    That's a bullshit excuse. It's like telling a kid "That's just the way schools are these days. Maybe schools aren't the place for you. Maybe you should think about homeschooling."

I have stood up for you when people were being dicks. But if a friend went through the same story as you have, I would be telling them the exact same things I say to you... Bad ideas all around. Because that's what friends do. If you want people to sugar coat things and tell you that you're making great decisions... Again, the Internet is probably not for you.
    He's not your friend. Friends negotiate that kind of bluntness through the years.

And he isn't asking for anything sugar-coated. He's asking for civility. (And he shouldn't have to ask.)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Sarah K ,you weren't a member of the old ETS i take it. I was.
    And we ARE fucking stable. And we ARE fucking BLISSFULLY happy.
    all you know negative about my relationship is a couple of paragraphs.

And GODDAMNIT. I thought after pouring out my heart, you might understand.

Ok fuck it. i give up. how about this. i want people to STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT MY FUCKING RELATIONSHIP. IT IS HEAVEN. IT IS BLISS. WE ARE BOTH HAPPIER THAN WE HAVE EVER BEEN IN OUR LIVES. WE ARE GETTING MARRIED ON TUESDAY.

God DAMN.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    So, the guy I want to do mine just posted this on instagram:

Mine will meet the criteria for all of that. But doesn't that seem kinda cunty? Maybe it's common. I know nothing.
    So, is this weird, and is he being a bitch? Or is this a common thing that I'm not aware of?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i have no tattoos, but lots of piercings.
    i think i'm ready to start getting inked up though...my sister in law is a tattoo artist and my brother aztec is COVERED.

and @Sarah K , on the cool, i think YOU are cool and i REALLY didn't mean to piss you off, OR derail the thread. Can we call a fucking truce here?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What the fuck is happening?! Chillax, elevenism. You're the one who has repeatedly provided less than healthy details about your relationship so getting pissy when people want to wave red flags you yourself should see...I don't see that as mean. NO ONE EVER in the history of tattoos should get a name! Some places will not even do them...because they don't pan out.
    It's advice that you sought. Don't get mad because we gave it.
    And speaking as a guy who has been a part of Levi's NIN boards since the start, I can tell you at NO POINT was this the fucking badlands of message boards. Maybe you haven't frequented many boards or sites? I don't know.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-17-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RE: Names--that's really up to the person getting the tattoo and their call. Personally, I would only get the name of a spouse (provided I had been married a while) my own child.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 07-17-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    So, is this weird, and is he being a bitch? Or is this a common thing that I'm not aware of?
    All my tattoos have been done by artists who charge by the hour, so saying you will only do large-scale tattoos that will take several hours/sessions to complete seems a bit greedy. This tattoo artist must be totally amazing or have sessions booked months in advance to be so demanding of potential clients.

HTFU.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    What the fuck is happening?! Chillax, elevenism. You're the one who has repeatedly provided less than healthy details about your relationship so getting pissy when people want to wave red flags you yourself should see...I don't see that as mean. NO ONE EVER in the history of tattoos should get a name! Some places will not even do them...because they don't pan out.
    It's advice that you sought. Don't get mad because we gave it.
    And speaking as a guy who has been a part of Levi's NIN boards since the start, I can tell you at NO POINT was this the fucking badlands of message boards. Maybe you haven't frequented many boards or sites? I don't know.
    what happens is i get entirely too fucked up and type crazy shit on the internet that i don't remember...i'm sorry y'all

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm about to get my Art is Resistance tattoo in about an hour! So excited, I'll post pictures after its done.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It sucks trying to find a good artist around here. I have what I want - I got handwritten lyrics to my favourite IAMX track and I want a line of them on my left forearm - but there seems to be no decent artists here. Boo-urns.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Since it's Halloween, here is my Crow tattoo. Top Dollar's snow globe:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    killing time in starbucks before i go get my shadow of the colossus tattoo. ironically, i'm also two blocks from where my wife works (at the field museum) but she's too busy to take a lunch hour, unfortunately.

i'll post pics after!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finished product:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Kinda reminds me of this guy

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The thought of getting another pops into my head every now and again and this time I think I want one in between my breasts but I have no idea what I want. Maybe that is an indication that I should not get one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I have a lot of terrible tats that were made years ago, i still love em because of sentimental stuff, but i admit some of them are hideous, i''m considering cover some them but i always end up spending my money in something else...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't regret a single one, even the one i have matching with my ex, because it says "there's still time to start again"

my best friend has FINALLY conceded (maybe) to getting ren & stimpy tattoos together. i'd get stimpy, she'd get ren.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my best friend has FINALLY conceded (maybe) to getting ren & stimpy tattoos together. i'd get stimpy, she'd get ren.
    Oh my god.
    I wish I had a best friend insane enough to do something like that with me. I can't like this enough.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Oh my god.
    I wish I had a best friend insane enough to do something like that with me. I can't like this enough.
    there was a two-day animation showcase back in 2007 where john k and bill plympton came to a theater in chicago to show new and unreleased work. it was incredible.
    before the first night, justine (my best friend) went out for a "drink" (we were't 21 yet) with john k. they sat in the back of a bar and ate fries together while she tried not to freak out because she was sitting across from one of her idols. when i met up with her at the theater, she looked like she was in another world.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Speaking of cartoon tattoos, I've been dying to get a Poliwhirl tattoo for years but my fiancé would kill me lol

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My arm:

Last edited by GulDukat; 04-18-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I have a tattoo, a very small one, that I regret. I'm going to cover it up with a bat one of these days.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got two new tattoos yesterday! both designed by my best friend, Justine Lee Hirten, who is currently in town visiting, and tattooed by Allie Sider at code of conduct here in chicago (he's done all of my tattoos for the last couple years).

these are baby ducks from regular show. the one on the left is on her foot, the one on the right is on my arm. a symbol of our friendship and shared love of cartoons/video games/birds.

and this is Yue, from Avatar The Last Airbender, Spoiler: after she turns into the moon spirit as the tarot card of The Moon.

they're both on the outsides of either of my arms, so i had to sleep on my back all night, which really sucked. but it was worth it!!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i'm 35 and have no tattoos. would i be crazy to start getting them now?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    got two new tattoos yesterday! Both designed by my best friend, justine lee hirten, who is currently in town visiting, and tattooed by allie sider at code of conduct here in chicago (he's done all of my tattoos for the last couple years).

ooooooooohhhhh!!!!