Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fargo (FX Series)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    wow, this is an amazing show

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)

Wink

I was initially part of the WTF THE MOVIE WAS ALREADY PERFECT crowd but meant to catch (yet missed) the first several episodes HOWEVER I've seen the most recent six as of tonight...wherever that puts me.

When Lorne Malvo had his polar shift from numb-and-dumb dentist to cold-blooded elevater slaughterer last week I was INSTANTLY hooked at first blush. Sooo...it struck me catching up a couple days ago during that ominous voiceover that Lorne Malvo's initials KINDA match the show's rating due to being aimed at Mature Audieces with regards to Language & Violence, but I initially discounted the notion because it would've been SO much more perfect with an Objectification of women rating or w/e.

But then I was thinking how close the prefix MAL- is to the embodiment of all things bad AND the name of the personication of unstoppable bad luck to which Malvo is repeatedly referred as representing.

Not to mention the police officer promoted for her DETECTIVE work being named SOLVErson, whose baby-daddy leans upon her casework and goes postal to save his baby-momma by solving a riddle just like the one posed to him earlier by window-jewbus-guy about knowing you can't end suffering in the world singlehandedly yet STILL NEEDING TO TRY ANYWAY.

And then once we see his violent solution we're met with a closing visual of a mirror image of a family on a sofa watching TV reflecting a bigass chunk of TV viewership watching "Fargo" last night on sofas together themselves.

And DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED with the put-upon nebbish of the wild-wild-midwest being an almost slapstick fieldworker of Scandanavian descent named NYGAARD, lol. Too perfect!

All that and more is some DAMNED FINE TV.

Has anyone touched on this stuff yet?

I don't even know the rest of their names yet but I can't wait to learn them!

Haha, just sayin'.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I too was skeptical about a TV show being made about a perfect movie and decided to pass. Seeing that it was an FX show I gave it a chance, and boy was that a good thing. This show is completely different from what I expected. Every episode hooks me in and is unique. It doesn't have the typical cliches, no hand holding, and not too much exposition. The pacing at first was a bit jarring but it came into its own. The fact that I can't predict was is going to happen next with all the complex characters and the actions they take leave me with a great impressions. The story telling is fantastic. The acting is phenomenal especially from Marthman, Thorton and Carradine. The casting is great and I didn't think that Key and Peele could do dramatic acting in a show such as this. I also think Allison Tolman is cute.
    Funny little things in the show all add up like the fish, the references to the movie and the little mysteries are great. Top notch all around.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Seems i was misinformed about the run time, still.. good end to a great show. Time to watch the film now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great show! Great cast! It was truly a joy to watch.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Thornton's character is Fargo's Anton Chigurh, just realized that after the scene where he is tending to his leg, but there are other references throughout....like the ridiculous haircut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Whole heartedly agree with all the praise, but one question. What was the subtext behind Malvo asking Lester "is this what you want" in the elevator? We know how it turns out, but in that moment was the idea that Lester would begin down the path that Malvo had taken?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    Whole heartedly agree with all the praise, but one question. What was the subtext behind Malvo asking Lester "is this what you want" in the elevator? We know how it turns out, but in that moment was the idea that Lester would begin down the path that Malvo had taken?
    I think Malvo was simply offering him a way out. Lester wasn't on the agenda that day and Malvo wanted that 100k contract.

I love everything about the show but I felt they jammed a bit too many coen-esq stories and imagery in the last episode. i felt the wolf and the story from molly to lester about the gloves was a lil heavy handed imo.

and i think Malvo has hints of Chigurh but is far away from him as a complete character.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Don't know if that's good news or not. I wasn't expecting much from the first season either and i got pleasently surprised so fingers crossed for this one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can't wait for October...the cast for Season 2 is great, too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Season 2 has been nothing short of spectacular so far I kept my reservations because season 1 was sooo good, and I feared it would over shadow this season. Noah Hawley has proven himself a master story teller thus far, and his direction of episode 2 was quite adept.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm surprised no one is talking about this show. This season as been just as good as season 1 thus far, which is quite a relief after the mess that was season 2 of True Detective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah season two so far has been fabulous! Great Cast!!! This show needs to watched a lot more than it currently is!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This show is such a gem. Season 1 is better than season 2, but that's b/c it was perfect. Season 2 is still better than everything else currently on TV. Woodbine has been absolutely hysterical so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I prefer season 2 so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    top notch season so far.

that ted danson line in episode 2 about there not being any murders after the beginning of the war then all the soldiers came back and things changed was powerful. resonated a lot with the gun massacres happening now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I prefer season 2 so far.
    first i saw this and though absolutely 100% but then i started thinking about lester and those first couple episodes of season 1. those first few episodes were really masterful and full of extra suspense because the new version of the fargo world was being fleshed out.

so far this season has so much more potential though given the size of the cast and plot developments alone.
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 11-04-2015 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This and 'The Leftovers' are by far the best thing on TV right now. I'm blown away at the quality of Fargo, especially given it's hard to top first season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This whole season has been outstanding but the last two episodes have been some of the best television I have seen this year.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Make room for me on the bandwagon.

I had never seen the movie so i watched it a couple of weeks ago, and i couldn't BELIEVE how engaging it was.
    And now i fucking adore the show. I'm right near the end of season 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fargo has been renewed for a third season. Talk about excellent news!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That was a great episode.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    More people need to be watching this, it gets better every week.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think this is the only year i've not really missed Game of Thrones nine month hiatus because of this show and The Leftovers etc.. Wonderful television!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Absolutely loving this season (and totally stoked for a third).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just thinking it would be great if they got John Goodman for the third season. It would be kind of a full circle thing for him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ok then, that may be the best episode of any episode of anything ever! Possibly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just in case you might not have known the narration done through out yesterday's episode was provided by Martin Freeman aka Lester from season one. Excited for the season finale should be a good one!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    God, anyone not watching this season is just missing out. Guaranteed sweep at the Emmys if there is any justice in the world.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Great ep. Great season. Can't wait for the finale.