Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Metallica

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So freaking pumped for the Dallas show, though I'm bummed that Volbeat isn't opening the Dallas show.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Mexico show is a few days away, we'll be getting Iggy Pop as the opening act, i'm not ashamed to say i bought my tickets mostly for Iggy, but of course i'm always up for a Metallica show.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Some Kind of Monster is on Netflix. For those that haven't seen it, it's a good watch. Even for non-fans I'd recommend it as a good documentary. There are well-established cringe-worthy elements, but I think what gets lost in that is that they were brave enough to show that side of themselves to the world when it could have been shelved.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Some Kind of Monster is on Netflix. For those that haven't seen it, it's a good watch. Even for non-fans I'd recommend it as a good documentary. There are well-established cringe-worthy elements, but I think what gets lost in that is that they were brave enough to show that side of themselves to the world when it could have been shelved.
    I liked it because it was a vulnerable point of their lives. And funny how even Lars' dad wasn't into st.anger.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Thanks for pointing this out, it's on the UK one too. I've been wanting to watch this for ages without feeling like I'm giving metallica any money!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The DVD or recent Blu-ray is worth getting. The deleted scenes paint a much deeper picture. I'm sure with all the footage that was shot (I think all told it was somewhere between one or two thousand hours, over the nearly three years of production), they probably could have filled up at least one more DVD of stuff.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The DVD or recent Blu-ray is worth getting. The deleted scenes paint a much deeper picture. I'm sure with all the footage that was shot (I think all told it was somewhere between one or two thousand hours, over the nearly three years of production), they probably could have filled up at least one more DVD of stuff.
    I'm particularly intrigued by the scenes with Dave Mustaine which my sister said were pretty embarrassing. I read his autobiography and I've always preferred Megadeth but I had no idea how bitter and sad he'd become over being booted out of the band

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

best part of the movie

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

best part of the movie

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm particularly intrigued by the scenes with Dave Mustaine which my sister said were pretty embarrassing. I read his autobiography and I've always preferred Megadeth but I had no idea how bitter and sad he'd become over being booted out of the band
    Seeing it again I'm not sure what to think of him in it, except that he clearly did carry all that anger and sadness still. They had their reasons for kicking him out but they went about it terribly, as can be expected of a group of guys in their early 20's, eager for the prize as they all were.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What Gagatallica was supposed to sound like. (HINT: Really, really good!)

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Metallica & Iggy playing "TV Eye", live in Mexico:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got so close for the show in Dallas. They were fucking amazing. Managed to get a guitar pick too.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Went to the pop-up show in LA two days ago and here are a couple of photos....

There was a small room that had the electric chair and a bunch of orb thingies from the 80s, it was all pretty cool

and I walked away with this cool little pin

and my sister and I will be at the show this upcoming Sunday in San Diego. We eneded up getting the crazy expensive tickets that come with a dinner or something like that and should be fun.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)