Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Travelling Solo & Making Friends Thread

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The Travelling Solo & Making Friends Thread

So I know that ETS already has a travel thread but that seems to be pretty general, and I've got something slightly different in mind.

Say you're travelling overseas solo (or with friends!) and want to get to know some of the locals before you leave, I thought this might be a good platform to make some friends in the countries you're visiting before you get there.

If you're happy to offer your time and show someone around your city to give them a real look at how the locals live, then I'm sure you will be rewarded with a beer or two, a lot of laughs and a new friend!

Likewise, if you're travelling somewhere and looking for someone to show you the sights or give you advice, feel free to request some help on here.

All the people I've met off ETS have been pretty amazing, so hopefully this thread encourages more meet ups. And I had no idea what to name this thread, so I'm happy to change it if you've got any better suggestions. Happy travels!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Seeing as how I made this threat, it's only right for me to start it off!

[OFFER] I'm a born and bred Sydney girl, so I know it pretty well. From the small bars to the comic shops, the record stores to the best laksa joints, the greatest pub vibes to the cosiest book shops - I've got you covered! Happy to catch up and show you the sights, or if you've got any questions, feel free to ask!

[REQUEST] I'll be in Japan from the 4th of April until 20th, and I'd love to find someone who wants to come shopping for second hand vinyls and CDs in Tokyo, but I'm pretty easy going so I'm happy to go with the flow.
    I'll also have some time in Nagoya, Toyama, Osaka, Matsue, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Hakone so I'd love to catch up for a drink and a chat if you're around
    Last edited by ophelia_; 03-26-2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Typo!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Almost off-to-Japan time!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Almost off-to-Japan time!
    I leave on Friday. Muchos excitement!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)