Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I met a new girl recently. Immediately she tells me how much she loves my teeth. I have very prominent incisors so it does kinda make me look vampiric. She is certainly not the first girl to comment on this. I'd like to reach out to the women on this board. What is it about this that some women like so much. Is it all because of Twilight?
    I'm not a woman or into Twilight but I am VERY in touch with noticing people's teeth. It's shallow but looks wise that's make or break material for me. It indicates great hygiene, enhances your appearance, gives a wonderful smile and provides great things otherwise.

In happier and real news, got a third date with my wonderful girl Monday. We have no official title yet or declared status but things said, flirted and shared makes me think we reached the next phase in a relationship.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-31-2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-01-2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: nevermind

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-01-2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: nevermind

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    WHY DO Y'ALL HATE FUN

caps
    ok Ill play, Im probably really shallow since there are lots more things about people that make me cringe than things I like

jewelry on guys, clothing covered in brand logos, too much makeup
    my biggest deal breaker is if the person is overweight, to me it means that there is some element in their lives that they cannot control and balance properly.
    I have tried to give balding guys a chance but it is something that bothers me, I think that since my dad still has a full head of hair I subconsciously prefer it, Talking with friends who are married to bald men has revealed that their fathers are also bald so maybe there is some sort of link there.

Things I do like are people that wear clothes that fit and at least make an attempt at having a style.
    blue eyes and dark hair is the best combo
    Personality needs to be confident but not cocky

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Reactivated my OKC profile tonight after a long break. Holy shit. Peak masochism.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-01-2021 at 06:42 PM. Reason: nevermind

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

for v-day, my wife gave me three records by the whispers (they're great...check out some of their music videos on youtube), a book about houdini & a psychic medium, and a card with Quark from DS9 on it that says "i love you more than gold-pressed latinum"

i'm really lucky, guys

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My wife's 60 something and counting seizures have reminded me just how precious she is to me. I ADORE her. In about seven weeks, we will have been living together in love for five years. The sound of her voice is still the sweetest music in the world to me, followed closely by her precious rhythmic breath when she's asleep. We are well into our third year of marriage. My only fear is her health issues. She isn't allowed to leave this world before me!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    WHY DO Y'ALL HATE FUN

caps

appearance rarely matters to me, as i prefer what is in the brain and heart...but i still like certain things:

shaved heads, man buns (YES YES YES)(but can't stand men in pony tails. go figure), body hair, spaces between front teeth (which seems to freak people out?), certain facial structures (hi @Khrz , gray streaks.
    not keen on beards and mustaches (well, except my own lololol), but no deal breaker.
    women: i love them all. no type, but i do adore the facial structure of ethiopian/somalian/eritrean women. it is rare for me to not find women attractive, but it is purely aesthetic. i rarely find women sexually attractive.
    mind you, i don't usually find men sexually attractive either.

thanks @playwithfire

ohohoh! i totally DO have a looks thing: suits. men in suits. i don't know what on earth that is about, since they are silly, buuuuuuuuut it gives me the inner clenchies ;p
    Last edited by Lew; 02-22-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Oh that teacher I was seeing got super busy due to the time of the year we're in and I brought up the topic for the future and our potential. She said she's unsure on all of it and not sure if she could be in that way this soon after her prior breakup (no clue when that was). So I told her I'd still wanna go out and do things. Casual dating between us and fun outings. She's pretty much gone dark since then minus tiny instances when I initiate conversation. She used to call and text and no longer does. I guess that talk scared her off and I still Snapchat and talk here and there but she hasn't put forth effort since then and I am gradually being ghosted. Oh well. I'm done trying and focusing on dating for awhile now. I expended all my energy for 5 months and the fallout with her leaves me uninterested to pursue anyone now. Sucks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I broke up with you three months ago. I was very clear. I was also very understanding and empathetic towards your heartbreak during the following few weeks. I've been there on the other side. So now during your resurgance, don't get mad at me when I don't return what you wish for. When you text me a selfie and I don't reply, you did it and be prepared for a no response. If you text me anything relationship wise, be prepared for no response. When you do this, I don't have good options. If I happen to be around you, no I didn't seek you out... and when you ask me, "So did you come here to see me?" (as a conversational opener) and I say, "No, but I'll stop and say hi since you're here." Don't tell me I've gotten mean and get all sorts of attitude. On second thought... so be it... I'm mean now, yeah, go with that.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    as far as shallow things, i decided a long time ago not to fuck with girls who wear makeup.
    My first "wife," common law if you will, didn't wear makeup except on very special occasions.
    My wife wife NEVER wears it.

No offense to people who DO wear makeup.
    I guess i just decided that i wanted only raw, triple distilled, non-pastuerized women in my life if that makes sense.

Now i can certainly appreciate and be attracted to beautiful made up women, but i decided in 09 or so to never date one of them again.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    for v-day, my wife gave me three records by the whispers (they're great...check out some of their music videos on youtube)
    ZOMG high school memories!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    I broke up with you three months ago. I was very clear. I was also very understanding and empathetic towards your heartbreak during the following few weeks. I've been there on the other side. So now during your resurgance, don't get mad at me when I don't return what you wish for. When you text me a selfie and I don't reply, you did it and be prepared for a no response. If you text me anything relationship wise, be prepared for no response. When you do this, I don't have good options. If I happen to be around you, no I didn't seek you out... and when you ask me, "So did you come here to see me?" (as a conversational opener) and I say, "No, but I'll stop and say hi since you're here." Don't tell me I've gotten mean and get all sorts of attitude. On second thought... so be it... I'm mean now, yeah, go with that.
    That's pretty standard stages of a break up, no?

I'm in that house where you can't be friends with an ex. Ending contact, recovering, renew yada yada.

My husband broke up 5 years ago (holy cow time flies) and we are now finally in a good place. I ever had a beer with him the other day. He was like your ex, he sorted out his sadness, angry, etc. and then found another girl.

For my relationship goals - I need to shut up and not talk so much. Put myself right into conflict because I assume, said it out loud, a negative response and he went ahead and gave it to me. 4 days of irritation I could have avoided if I just paused and waited for a response. Dam some times I'm dumb.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has anyone else ever fallen for an internet friend?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Harder than ever! What a ride!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-01-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: nevermind

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I married (and divorced) one

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm in a weird place when it comes to being in a relationship. I met this guy almost two years ago. Originally it was just for work, but we started talking and struck up a friendship. Eventually we started talking so much that I felt comfortable enough to tell him that I was gay, something I hadn't even done with the friends I had known for many years. I already knew he was gay based on a few details, but I figured I would let him tell me that instead of trying to pry it out of him. It was good to be "out" to someone. Anyway, after we got to know each other better, I realized that I really liked him a lot, and I finally told him. He was cool with it, but he admitted that he wasn't really into being in a relationship. I've never really talked to him about it, but the way he's talked about some subjects, it makes me think that he's been burned a few times in the past, so he's basically sworn off relationships. I've never been one for labels, so I don't really care if he and I are "dating", but I do love him.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah. Even though we're not officially a couple, I still kind of feel like we're in a relationship. We see each other at least once a week, we talk online every day (I'm currently living about twenty miles away from him), and we've been pretty intimate. We haven't fucked, but we've discussed doing that at some point when we can both get away from our respective families (mine is really homophobic and they don't know I'm gay yet) and responsibilities for a day or two. He's a kinky guy, and he has other friends that he hangs out with and has playdates with, which I'm completely fine with. However, I feel like he and I have connected in a way that he hasn't with some of the other people he's met. Truth be told, if he asked me to officially be his boyfriend, I would say yes, but I don't think that's going to happen, and I don't know if I would want it to. I'm afraid it would fuck up what we have, which is something that I've never really had before. Anyway, I guess we're "friends with benefits", but I feel like we're just a bit more than that, and I think he feels that way too, but he's kind of a guarded person when it comes to really emotional stuff. I don't think he would ever say that he loves me, but at the same time, he doesn't really have to. We just seem to have this unspoken thing between us, and I feel fine about just leaving it be and not dissecting it too much.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I feel like "gentleman friend" occupies the space between a person you're dating and a fwb, at least for me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm in a weird place when it comes to being in a relationship. I met this guy almost two years ago. Originally it was just for work, but we started talking and struck up a friendship. Eventually we started talking so much that I felt comfortable enough to tell him that I was gay, something I hadn't even done with the friends I had known for many years. I already knew he was gay based on a few details, but I figured I would let him tell me that instead of trying to pry it out of him. It was good to be "out" to someone. Anyway, after we got to know each other better, I realized that I really liked him a lot, and I finally told him. He was cool with it, but he admitted that he wasn't really into being in a relationship. I've never really talked to him about it, but the way he's talked about some subjects, it makes me think that he's been burned a few times in the past, so he's basically sworn off relationships. I've never been one for labels, so I don't really care if he and I are "dating", but I do love him.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah. Even though we're not officially a couple, I still kind of feel like we're in a relationship. We see each other at least once a week, we talk online every day (I'm currently living about twenty miles away from him), and we've been pretty intimate. We haven't fucked, but we've discussed doing that at some point when we can both get away from our respective families (mine is really homophobic and they don't know I'm gay yet) and responsibilities for a day or two. He's a kinky guy, and he has other friends that he hangs out with and has playdates with, which I'm completely fine with. However, I feel like he and I have connected in a way that he hasn't with some of the other people he's met. Truth be told, if he asked me to officially be his boyfriend, I would say yes, but I don't think that's going to happen, and I don't know if I would want it to. I'm afraid it would fuck up what we have, which is something that I've never really had before. Anyway, I guess we're "friends with benefits", but I feel like we're just a bit more than that, and I think he feels that way too, but he's kind of a guarded person when it comes to really emotional stuff. I don't think he would ever say that he loves me, but at the same time, he doesn't really have to. We just seem to have this unspoken thing between us, and I feel fine about just leaving it be and not dissecting it too much.
    not to derail, but i'm really, really sorry that you have to deal with a homophobic family with whom you can't be yourself.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    not to derail, but i'm really, really sorry that you have to deal with a homophobic family with whom you can't be yourself.
    It is what it is. I've given up trying to reason with them about stuff like that. I honestly wouldn't care what they thought about it if I didn't have to worry about being homeless after I told them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So this girl and I have been chatting for a bit. We live in different states. I'm in Illinois, soon to be Colorado. She's in Iowa. Anyways, we both like each other. Today she says we shouldn't talk anymore. I can tell she's upset with the fact that we can't be together physically. I just don't want to lose her as a friend.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 05-04-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nevermind
    Last edited by playwithfire; 05-04-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be quiet if I wasn't so endlessly alone (I'm very happy about it though)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ALSO Y'ALL NEED TO STOP BEING SO QUIET IN THIS THREAD
    Here's my 2 and a half year old watching me post on ETS. I'm happily engaged.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^Adorable. Beautiful teeth too.

Relationship: still going. Though I want to get an exorcism for his 14 year old daughter.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I really find passive agressiveness in a relationship to be extremely annoying.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maybe this will end with facepalms, but I realized my three main relationships were with girls not using hormonal contraception. Of course that is hardly enough for some statistical analysis :-), but what if I really can not "smell" women using that, and in return they can not "smell" me...? You know, because with these three, I immediately felt some emotional FEEDBACK, and now I feel... nothing. Anything I broadcast, I receive nothing. (except one coworker and even she left the town, damn it...) Am I invisible, or... what happened? Maybe MY receiver is broken? Halo? Can you hear me? :-)
    (random babbling of sexually and generally frustrated man, forgive me please;-)