Page 12 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The Relationship Thread

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jehuty View Post
    And I think you need to see a real psychotic person before you shout out shit like that. What the fuck is wrong with you.
    Wait a second...wait. You stalked a woman at her work, CHASED HER THROUGH A BUILDING EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS ASKING YOU TO STOP (and I'm sure it wasn't 'asking' but pleading in fucking terror) and I'M the one who has a problem? Holy shit, dude. You're beyond even being able to reason with.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Because she didn't want to meet him in real life (because she was scared...God, what in the world could be scary about this guy?) So instead of just telling her, look, this obviously isn't working out because you won't meet me offline, he decides to show up at her work and chase her through a building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Wait a second...wait. You stalked a woman at her work, CHASED HER THROUGH A BUILDING EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS ASKING YOU TO STOP (and I'm sure it wasn't 'asking' but pleading in fucking terror) and I'M the one who has a problem? Holy shit, dude. You're beyond even being able to reason with.
    She wasn't running like a person that's running for her life. She was basically walking at a fast pace while saying that she doesn't want to talk to me. The walk through the building lasted maybe 20 seconds. I obviously know her pretty well by now, and before I did that I figured this is probably how she was going to react. And I had a couple of milliseconds to decide if I should just stand there or follow her. I followed her.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jehuty
    She's happy I did it. She didn't say it yet, but I know she is.
    Really? You can read her mind?
    Haha, oh shit. "She was asking for it, your honour."

Honestly, you turn up at this girls work, after she made it clear that she didn't want to know. You chased her through the building as she ran away, screaming. Yeah, you can almost hear the Benny Hill theme tune.

If she's okay with this, then, eh.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Seriously, what's wrong with you?
    i can't take the irony.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    She wasn't running like a person that's running for her life. She was basically walking at a fast pace while saying that she doesn't want to talk to me.
    OH. Oh, so she wasn't running. Oh, that's ok then. I thought she was running. I know when I was growing up, my dad always used to tell me, "Son, no means no...only if the woman is running. But if she's walking away from you at a brisk pace and telling you she doesn't want you near her, then she's fair game." She must have just been playing hard to get. Jesus, why didn't you explain this earlier?

It's ok, everyone! She wasn't running! Just walking at a brisk pace.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I used to have a friend who got so involved with these online "relationships" then would be inevitably crushed when it never worked out "in real life."
    Dude, (Jehuty), you really need to start learning to live in the real world: you are way too much inside your own head atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I used to have a friend who got so involved with these online "relationships" then would be inevitably crushed when it never worked out "in real life."
    Dude, (Jehuty), you really need to start learning to live in the real world: you are way too much inside your own head atm.
    First, how can you say something like that without knowing anything about me? Second, I'm not sure what that means. "You really need to start learning to live in the real world". You mean, meeting women in real life? I did that already before I knew her, and I flirted around with a nice girl a couple of months ago after she canceled a date, but couldn't follow through due to a lack of interest and since then didn't even try. Or do you mean something else?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I am basing my response on the things you are saying here. You seem obsessed with someone who seems to only want you in her life as an online friend. You are blowing up this online exchange out of all proportion and doing unacceptable things irl which you are then rationalizing to yourself as the correct way to act. I don't know what to suggest, but less time online, and less emotional investment in online activities would certainly be at the top of my list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fair enough. But you simply have to believe me when I tell you that she doesn't just want me as an online friend. She said so in various ways over these months (obviously we talk about this often enough). I'm not emotionally invested in online activity, I'm emotionally invested in her. I think it would be the same way if we met in real life but she was afraid of entering a relationship or whatever example you can think of.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think I might be able to understand this a little bit better jehuty if you would give me your real name, address and the phone number to the local police department.

With that information I think I'll be able to see it from your perspective.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe you don't get what it means to talk to a person every day for multiple hours for 8 months without being able to see that person in real life
    Yeah, it's not like dozens of international internet-based relationships and marriages have come out of this forum or anything.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    All I want to know is that if you were talking for months and months, what was so hard about just organising a date instead of going all Kool-Aid man through her work?
    Hahaha yeah Kool-Aid man! Exactly!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    i followed her.
    i followed her.

i followed her.

Ohh YEAH!!!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So between this, the GNR thread, the Creed thread, and whatever the fuck is going on with that girl and her conspiracy theories, this has been a banner week on ETS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What the fuck, jehuty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fair enough. But you simply have to believe me when I tell you that she doesn't just want me as an online friend. She said so in various ways over these months (obviously we talk about this often enough). I'm not emotionally invested in online activity, I'm emotionally invested in her. I think it would be the same way if we met in real life but she was afraid of entering a relationship or whatever example you can think of.
    Jehuty... I wanted to echo what everyone else is saying. Your actions were NOT okay. I repeat NOT okay. But I feel for you. I don't think you are a bad guy or anything, just you made a big mistake. You need to leave this woman alone, nothing good from this will come.
    When I was younger I got caught up in a infatuation with a women and mis-read all the signs. She was freaked out. At the time I didn't see what I did as wrong(I wrote her a letter telling her how I loved her.) Her parents threatened the cops on me. Now I see what I did was wrong and I should of just left that situation alone. No matter what I would of done, she was never going to feel the same way about me. Which is the same way this woman probably feels about you. LEAVE HER ALONE!!!
    You are only going to make things worse, don't talk to her online or try to contact her ever again. Especially don't try to meet her again.

Go out and meet some new people, you can do it. It can be hard, but I know there is someone else out there for you. When a person tells you they don't want something, then don't do that something.
    Just start fresh and find a new woman to like, but don't stalk her. That is not funny or entertaining in anyway.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Re: Fixer808

Having been in a similar situation, I can say it's definitely worth being there with open arms if she decides to come around. If the both of you really enjoyed each other, that's all that really matters. If you're just worried about looking stupid, well... it's your loss. I do agree about taking advantage of other oppertunites, however.

Luckily for me, I didn't have to wait too long. I say it's worth it because the result for me turned into being in the happiest relationship I've ever been in (the same for her, as she points out every so often).
    Oh, I'm not at all worried about looking stupid, and I'm staying open with her. Like I said, I'm not going to wait around forever though. It's not worth it to miss something else that may turn into something special by waiting and waiting for her to come to her senses. I've made that mistake before!

That said, I certainly AM hoping she comes around, because we DID really enjoy each other! I think we leapt into a relationship too soon after her breakup.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Thank you, Internet, for starting the annual inundation of bullshit that accompanies Valentine's Day! I'll see you guys on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Thank you, Internet, for starting the annual inundation of bullshit that accompanies Valentine's Day! I'll see you guys on Wednesday.
    Fuck, I'm right with you on this one.
    "If you're single on Valentine's Day, you're the worst person ever!"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm married to a woman I don't love. Valentines sucks for me too!

Damn, I need a mistress.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I'm married to a woman I don't love. Valentines sucks for me too!

Damn, I need a mistress.
    or you could not be a shithead, and get divorced.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    or you could not be a shithead, and get divorced.
    Irony.

What if they have kids? What if they bought a house and a car and a whole bunch of other things with each other's money? What if they just can't afford to get a divorce? What if they've been married less time than legally required to start divorce proceedings in Canada?

You don't know whether any of that's the case or not. But automatically you assume he's a shithead just for wanting to have a little goddamn sex before going through with all that.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

happy valentines day, everyone!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Irony.

What if they have kids? What if they bought a house and a car and a whole bunch of other things with each other's money? What if they just can't afford to get a divorce? What if they've been married less time than legally required to start divorce proceedings in Canada?

You don't know whether any of that's the case or not. But automatically you assume he's a shithead just for wanting to have a little goddamn sex before going through with all that.
    If all of that is true, I think he should still tell her that he no longer loves her at the very least. And I think people that are in loveless relationships 'for the kids' are honestly fucking up their kids more than they realize. They're better off apart.

I understand heroicraptor's statement, as a mistress implies a longer bandaid on a shitty situation than a one time fling. With that said I'm ok with brief flings as long as all parties are aware. I've found myself in the mistress role a number of times. I just wish more people had the guts to be honest and tell their partners about their true needs and not get into relationships when they know they cannot sustain one within monogamous boundaries.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To shamelessly requote what's on my facebook page: today is happy placate selfish women day. The ratio of roses:blowjobs today is extremely depressing.

What if they've been married less time than legally required to start divorce proceedings in Canada?
    Eh?

Also, trust me, kids caught in the middle of a shitty marriage want nothing more (bar anything unrealistic) than for their parents to get divorced.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    why do i always feel depressed on valentines day even though I'm not single?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i feel that way about most major holidays, though have long since learned not to put too much stock into that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I *love* Valentine's Day! And I'm quite possibly the least romantic person on the planet! But today means CHOCOLATE! And dinner! And fun! Even when I was alone, I'd get together with friends and we'd do a V-Day dinner and eat chocolate and drink wine. Anyone can be your Valentine! I sent my Mom a mushy Valentine's Day card! I got G a giant box of Godivas, and tonight we're going to BENIHANA!

Today, I got one of the best Valentine's Day gifts evar: MY TAX REFUND!!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    why do i always feel depressed on valentines day even though I'm not single?
    It's a "give or take" kind of holiday. For me, it seems to matter if there's some level of romantic feeling attached to it. Without it (like now for me), it's just a depressing hole of nothing. But I do feel good for others that see it as something worthwhile to them. My facebook friends are a good example of a bunch of revelers who have no clue how much I'm not into it right now but am OK with their gushing over it. So that's all it really is for me this year: FB friends going cuckoo for coco puffs over it.