Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
So, that didn't happen. My Mom flew in from Hungary for 2 months, and I just couldn't spend the time I needed to train while she was here so I decided to wait it out.

I set my sight on this one: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/savannah, and I'm quite happy with my decision! I much rather run the marathon in the fall: I HATE training in the winter, it gets dark by 5pm and my neighborhood is a bit too crappy to run around at night.

But since it's almost a full year away I might throw in a half marathon somewhere, just to take the edge off.
I hear different things about the RocknRoll series (Las Vegas was pretty bad; I think it was the 2012 running) but Savannah is a great place. Plus if you run more than one event on the series within a calendar year, I think you get a special medal.

I've started back on my training about a week or two ago for the Knoxville Marathon. I've been running in temps as low as 21 degrees and just today a friend of mine asked if I wanted to do a double marathon weekend. It would be the Charlottesville Marathon and Knoxville Marathon. I had to turn that down, I MIGHT consider it in the fall. Right now I have an 8 mile run scheduled for Saturday morning, so we'll see how that goes.