Thread: Bjork

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Which albums would you guys recommend post Medúlla? I stopped following her after that, and for me her last great album was Vespertine (Medúlla was hit and miss for me). Thoughts on Volta, Biophilia, Vulnicura? While we are at it, which of the live albums do you guys suggest I should check out?
    Volta. The last time I listened I could not get behind most of it. There are some goodies though!

Biophilia. I liked or appreciated most of it, to the point I would definitely buy it. I like the overall minimal and organic production work. It suits a slow day around the house. I guess this was the last record she did before having major vocal chord or voice box surgery?

Vulnicura. Sometimes really pretty, sometimes really dark, sometimes a bit chaotic. “The Gate” is rightfully similar sounding to Vulnicura soundscapes, and somewhat in mood as well. (Arca had a primary hand in both Vulnicura and Utopia.)

The live releases from eras Debut, Post, and Homogenic are all I’ve been exposed to so far when it comes to her live releases, and they are just fantastic! Some really great alternate versions of a lot of songs.
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-02-2017 at 01:28 PM.