Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bjork

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Bjork's voice and vocal melodies seem disconnected from the instrumental melodies. She's more like a rapper in that way. This is how I've thought of her records since Vespertine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rare dj set from Bjork, just posted on her s/cloud....

https://soundcloud.com/bjork/bjork-t...irthday-dj-set

Fucked up tracklist as you might expect....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I just watched Dancer In The Dark for the first time. I can honestly say I've never cried that much, and now I feel lightheaded and empty.

It's an amazing movie

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I just watched Dancer In The Dark for the first time. I can honestly say I've never cried that much, and now I feel lightheaded and empty.

It's an amazing movie
    totally unrelated but i JUST noticed your custom subtitle hahahaha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I will have my cookies!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone know if there is going to be a live release of the recent tour?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There's a live album and/or video from every tour of hers since Debut era, so I can't see why not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Anyone know if there is going to be a live release of the recent tour?
    Vulnicura live was released over the summer and it is excellent. Or are you talking about a more recent tour?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I wish she would tour more. And play more older material.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New single "The Gate" out September 18th.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I love this woman.

Let us review.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Who doesn't love her? She's a treasure. Still need to see her live, and hopefully at a show with more than 3 or 4 old songs. Doubtful though. I remember being blown away that this producer got the green light to do an official remix for her back in the day...an early example of walls being broken down between genres that I hadn't seen much of yet:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Utopia releases Nov. 24th.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That album cover is what I envision as ‘The Dark Crystal’ meets a Georgia O’Keeffe painting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I love the vagina/flower/heart. Also the fetal little creature on her neck is adorable!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Love Bjork, looking forward to the new album.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I guess the next album's cover will progress to depict her actual vagina? C'mon Bjork, this is getting old.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I guess the next album's cover will progress to depict her actual vagina? C'mon Bjork, this is getting old.
    Huh?

https://www.google.com/search?q=bjor...=3072&bih=1623

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Yeah, ok. They used to be good. But then came Vulnicura.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Like I recall some people here saying for both of Vulnicura’s album covers, at a glance my mind also “went there”. Really though, I think it’s just meant to portray a gaping chest wound. But in terms of quality the yellow album cover is 1,000x the better one.

As for Utopia’s album cover, well...she goes on record as saying she really loves nature (fetish level), and is highly sexual (obvious enough if you’ve followed along, but for one big example: she used her own actual sex footage in the music video for “Pagan Poetry”). The album cover is quite weird, and I’m completely fine with it. Then again I’m also a fan of flowers and the V. I look forward to what she might have to say about it.

Edit: Behold a new Utopia promo photo... NSFW
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-13-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Which albums would you guys recommend post Medúlla? I stopped following her after that, and for me her last great album was Vespertine (Medúlla was hit and miss for me). Thoughts on Volta, Biophilia, Vulnicura? While we are at it, which of the live albums do you guys suggest I should check out?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Which albums would you guys recommend post Medúlla? I stopped following her after that, and for me her last great album was Vespertine (Medúlla was hit and miss for me). Thoughts on Volta, Biophilia, Vulnicura? While we are at it, which of the live albums do you guys suggest I should check out?
    Volta. The last time I listened I could not get behind most of it. There are some goodies though!

Biophilia. I liked or appreciated most of it, to the point I would definitely buy it. I like the overall minimal and organic production work. It suits a slow day around the house. I guess this was the last record she did before having major vocal chord or voice box surgery?

Vulnicura. Sometimes really pretty, sometimes really dark, sometimes a bit chaotic. “The Gate” is rightfully similar sounding to Vulnicura soundscapes, and somewhat in mood as well. (Arca had a primary hand in both Vulnicura and Utopia.)

The live releases from eras Debut, Post, and Homogenic are all I’ve been exposed to so far when it comes to her live releases, and they are just fantastic! Some really great alternate versions of a lot of songs.
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-02-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Utopia

01 Arisen My Senses
    02 Blissing Me
    03 The Gate
    04 Utopia
    05 Body Memory
    06 Features Creatures
    07 Courtship
    08 Loss
    09 Sue Me
    10 Tabula Rasa
    11 Claimstaker
    12 Paradisa
    13 Saint
    14 Future Forever

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfo...um-utopia/amp/

It’s almost upon us! (11 days, at most. )
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-13-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I started loosing interest after Vespertine, there was one or two okay songs on her recent albums but it wasn't until a co-worker suggested Bastards (Biophilia remixes) that I really got back onto her again. Bastards has some good noisey beats which I had missed on her recent work. I didn't like any songs on her last album, and I'm really hoping her new one has something decent on it. I'd really like to see her live and hope her new songs are worth seeing live since most of her set is new songs now.
    Last edited by fishtifer; 11-13-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I actually really loved Volta because I enjoyed how summery it was. It's got a cool blend of instruments and styles that are unique among her albums. The horn instruments are awesome, and I just love the watery sounds and boat sounds and whatnot. It's got a cool vibe. And I personally think that "I See Who You Are" is probably one of the coolest love songs ever written. Just the whole idea behind the song and the way it develops is so perfect.

I love Bjork, but a lot of her music after Post can feel a bit cold. Don't get me wrong, I like that quality, especially in Vespertines, which is one of my quintessential winter albums. But Volta feels unique from all the rest, at least to me.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Listening to it right now. It's very enchanted for lack of better words. I've always been into her more cohesive yet noisy type of songs.
    The first few songs are just weird imo. But then, the album kinda finds its pace right about the 6th track "Sue Me".
    This is hit or miss for me. Definitely gonna have to listen to it again though. There's a lot to digest.