Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bjork

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    As much as I like the album, that cover art really bothers me. I'm not even sure why. I'm not squeamish or prude, but I guess I just wish the artwork for this album wasn't Bjork with an 80s-CG gaping wound/vagina in the middle of her chest?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here's my review of the new album: http://blog.ourvinyl.tv/bjorks-vulnicura-album-review/

The short of it though? I think it's her best since Vespertine.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Damn, missed out on vespertine and homogenic

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timdotexe View Post
    Damn, missed out on vespertine and homogenic
    wow, i was gonna buy those two and post last night but i said "nah, they won't sell out yet. let me see if they become available somewhere else where i don't have to pay ridiculous shipping from the UK."
    god damnit

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    they're back online. i think they just had a cap of 500 on the site, and just add more. i'm not sure if i'll get these, but i was just able to add homogenic and vespertine to my cart and get almost through checkout...

also, it sounds like they'll revert back to black vinyl (my preferred) when these sell out, so they won't be going anywhere soon.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Mmmm, think i'll skip these. I'm happy with the 200g releases from a few years ago.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    they're back online. i think they just had a cap of 500 on the site, and just add more. i'm not sure if i'll get these, but i was just able to add homogenic and vespertine to my cart and get almost through checkout...

also, it sounds like they'll revert back to black vinyl (my preferred) when these sell out, so they won't be going anywhere soon.
    yeah, i ended up grabbing the colored versions of post, homogenic, & vespertine. i felt weird buying them while i was on my honeymoon, especially since we spent a ton of money in disney world, but i knew if i didn't snag them then and there, i wouldn't have a chance later. hope i don't regret the cheaper shipping option :|

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

arrived today!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    From http://www.factmag.com/2015/03/03/bjork-shares-awesome-vulnicura-physical-album-art/
    Bjork has taken to Facebook to share the first look at the sleeve for the physical release of Vulnicura, which is due out in mid-March.

The image is by Björk and artist Andrew ThomsHaung, who has worked with the singer-songwriter on ‘Mutual Core’ and the forthcoming, Oculus Rift Ready video for ‘Stonemilker’.
    A 3D rendering with hints of The Exorcist and Cronenbergian body horror? Sign us up. This is certainly an incentive to buy Vulnicura after the record’s nightmare leak.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That art looks awful. I like the idea, but the execution looks incredibly bad.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ditto. this image and digital release cover both suck.
    does she look like a rubber sex doll intentionally?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    does she look like a rubber sex doll intentionally?
    Yes.
    ------

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I guess the vagina in her chest is suppose to be like the vent of a volcano?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    That art looks awful. I like the idea, but the execution looks incredibly bad.
    it reminds me of David OReilly’s style (see this unsettling adventure time episode) mixed with mid-80s CGI.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ha. I kinda like the album art. Only Bjork could pull it off.

The album itself... Goddamn. Not sure anything else is going to come close this year. It's worked its way into my Top 10 of the decade thus far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    New video for "Lionsong."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I love this video.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe funny that Shrinebuilder have worked their way into this thread
    Totally irrelevant, but: so disappointed with that album! Huge OM fan here, but the Neurosis guy shouting over everything killed it for me. Also I don't get why people like Wino either.
    Alright carry on bjorking

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I cannot do acid at work, so I can't fully enjoy this new video at this time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The UK release date for the coloured vinyls keeps getting pushed back. I finally got my copies of Biophilia and Medulla, but Post, Homogenic and Vespertine have been pushed back another week. Biophilia is one record on blue and one on orange and Medulla are both a deep burgundy red. Really nice.

I also got my CD copy of Vulnicura this morning which a really tight fitting slip case similar to the one that came with Lateralus by Tool. Can't wait to spin all of them

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    First Bjork album in a while that I liked enough to plonk down money for.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    The UK release date for the coloured vinyls keeps getting pushed back. I finally got my copies of Biophilia and Medulla, but Post, Homogenic and Vespertine have been pushed back another week. Biophilia is one record on blue and one on orange and Medulla are both a deep burgundy red. Really nice.
    that's really weird because i got my copies of post, homogenic, and vespertine before the end of february, and i'm all the way over in the US. did you pre-order from the one little indian site or are you just waiting to pick them up in a store?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I love the album, but all of the related visual elements are seriously lacking in my opinion. I'm actively forcing myself to divorce the implied connection to the music whenever I run into them.

That image up there with the piss yellow sky and silver max-headroom-style bjork with the obligatory vagina chest wound? Everything about that sucks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Video for "Family."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally listened to Vulnicura today and, though i didn't enjoy it as much as post/homogenic/vespertine, i certainly enjoyed it more than medulla or biophilia (i like volta more than those two, as well, not sure which i like better between volta and vulnicura yet). but i definitely agree with @Jinsai about the visuals.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No, ordered from bleep.com which I initially thought was affiliated with warp records, but they seem to be a distributor for loads of labels, including one little indian. think a few stores locally have had the records but I pre-ordered to be sure. they were meant to have shipped by now, getting quite frustrated that I still haven't received my copies! Got my CD copy of Vulnicura last week but still no sign of that on vinyl either

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ...and I've just checked the website of my nearest record store and certain albums [Post/ Homogenic] have been pushed back - they're still showing pre-order, coming out 23rd March. Vulnicura release has been pushed back to 30th. Very annoying.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just got an email from bleep.com - due to Record Store Day shipping dates in the UK for Bjork vinyl as follows:
    Debut - 20th April
    Post - 13th April
    Homogenic - 27th March
    Vespertine - 27th April(!)

Vulnicura - 27th March