Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - Australian 2014 DVD

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I think Matt's PO box is just located there, doesn't live there AFAIK.

But yes, sure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^ I used to live there, might be something in the water....

P.S. USB's sent Matt and Ryan.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Would be keen for a meet up and a few beers!

The address is my parents, I live in holsworthy but my entire social life lives in the shire haha so I frequent there alot.
    Last edited by Matt Goldfinch; 03-26-2014 at 01:34 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm shocked at how many (active) Sydney members exist on here, which is totally a good thing.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Goldfinch View Post
    Would be keen for a meet up and a few beers!

The address is my parents, I live in holsworthy but my entire social life lives in the shire haha so I frequent there alot.
    I fluctuate between the shire with my fiancé and at Milperra / Revesby at my folks' place.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not trying to change the subject, some I recognise but how many of you guys are collectors? As I said earlier I am new to ets and have had problems on nin.com dealing with the US due to slow shipping. Have a pretty complete collection now but always good to have contacts. BTW I received my posters today, can't believe the price they are going for on eBay eventhough most are still available from the supplier...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    Not trying to change the subject, some I recognise but how many of you guys are collectors? As I said earlier I am new to ets and have had problems on nin.com dealing with the US due to slow shipping. Have a pretty complete collection now but always good to have contacts. BTW I received my posters today, can't believe the price they are going for on eBay eventhough most are still available from the supplier...
    I use to be an avid collector, constantly scouring the web for items but have stopped in recent years and and now just content with what I have. I do have quite a cool few number of things.

But my most prized item would be this
    http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-00108

and I use to own this
    http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-00926

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I use to be an avid collector, constantly scouring the web for items but have stopped in recent years and and now just content with what I have. I do have quite a cool few number of things.

But my most prized item would be this
    http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-00108

and I use to own this
    http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-00926
    Nice, mine would be this and this as I got them in person but I do have a few other nice pieces like this and this and even this but this cost me a stack http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-01512

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nice, mine would be this and this as I got them in person but I do have a few other nice pieces like this and this and even this but this cost me a stack http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-01512
    Holy shit man, what I would pay for that guitar... amazing!
    this however, would be sick! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en

Sorry, getting well too off topic here.will be keeping things relevant now.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Yeah all good, just tagged you so you had a heads up anyway that's all.
    Ok, good! I didn't want you to think I was pestering you in anyway. They (recordings) all come in time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Holy crap, that guitar! HOW?! Also super jelly of your WITT vinyl >.<

Aaanyways, back on topic. @Matt Goldfinch , I just uploaded my clips from the shows. Half of them are pretty crap and there's a word doc on there to go over the quality and stuff - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thyb3s0dye3ect1/dJKun-QTnq
    Wish I had thought more about it and got some better footage, as I was front and centre for most of the shows.

Re: catch ups in the Shire, we should definitely organise something! Pretty cool that there's so many Sydney-ish peeps on here.
    I'm off to Japan next week but maybe we can look at the end of April, should give everyone enough time to organise a free night?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Hey Matt,
    Did you get the stick I dropped in your letterbox with a couple of Sydney clips and a few partial clips?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Not trying to change the subject, some I recognise but how many of you guys are collectors?
    Used to be a collector a long time ago, then sold it all and focused on Tool, then stopped that (but still have it all, worth quite a bit).

However... I do have a few items from the Broken era (my favorite era) that I got recently because they make me horny to have:

- Longbox of Broken, shrinkwrap still on, though disc and mini CD removable

- Longbox completely sealed

- Physical promo

- "Larger Than Life" Physical promo

- Wish promo

- Happiness In Slavery promo

- Happiness In Slavery promo v2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry Matt, I guess a few random collecting comments aren't going to hurt though are they? You've got a nice bunch there Ryan, sealed long box would be a prize....

Back on track now.... Some good footage showing up, really wish I had filmed the whole show to add some extra angles. Have you seen much footage from Sydney night 2? Would be great to have "Ice Age" and "BBB" in the mix somewhere.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Sorry Matt, I guess a few random collecting comments aren't going to hurt though are they? You've got a nice bunch there Ryan, sealed long box would be a prize....

Back on track now.... Some good footage showing up, really wish I had filmed the whole show to add some extra angles. Have you seen much footage from Sydney night 2? Would be great to have "Ice Age" and "BBB" in the mix somewhere.
    So far I have one angle for BBB (complete) and Ice Age (40 seconds)... good quality too from @timdotexe , yet most of the footage will come from YouTube

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I don't have a very big NIN collection...yet. I do have what I would like to think is a decent Meshuggah collection, however I was big on collecting Metallica stuff once upon a time but then I got over it, plus everything is just way too expensive/overpriced for no good reason.

/ontopic I got a few USB's from work today to move footage from here to there on, however I'll see if I can just upload it as that's a little easier for me to do than get to a post office, etc.

EDIT: looks like I'm going to have to try and make it to the post office. Not going to wait for my craptastic internet to upload just over 1 gb for two videos.
    Last edited by nothing8; 03-27-2014 at 05:53 AM. Reason: damn internet connection

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Holy crap, that guitar! HOW?! Also super jelly of your WITT vinyl >.<

Aaanyways, back on topic. @Matt Goldfinch , I just uploaded my clips from the shows. Half of them are pretty crap and there's a word doc on there to go over the quality and stuff - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thyb3s0dye3ect1/dJKun-QTnq
    Wish I had thought more about it and got some better footage, as I was front and centre for most of the shows.

Re: catch ups in the Shire, we should definitely organise something! Pretty cool that there's so many Sydney-ish peeps on here.
    I'm off to Japan next week but maybe we can look at the end of April, should give everyone enough time to organise a free night?
    Good footage! thanks for the upload, I'm happy Reptile will make the cut I have 3 angles, your side, the opposite side and dead centre... magic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Good footage! thanks for the upload, I'm happy Reptile will make the cut I have 3 angles, your side, the opposite side and dead centre... magic.
    Awesome to hear!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just spotted this one over in Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation, pretty good sound and picture.

You've been playing there Ryan, you should have told us
    Last edited by Dan_NIИ_77; 03-27-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Nooo, my stupid workplace has blocked youtube, how am I supposed to wait until hometime to watch it?!

/whinge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^Try your bosses phone

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Naah, I shall attempt to be patient and wait for full screen nin-action when I get home

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Two NIN fans living in the Shire? Where were you guys when I was living there! Haha.

We should definitely organise a catch up and have a few drinks and talk NIN.
    What the hell? I live in Cronulla! I never knew there were so many of us on here!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Killer Star View Post
    What the hell? I live in Cronulla! I never knew there were so many of us on here!
    I know right! Crazy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    UPDATE*

Progress tracker has now been added to the first post at the bottom. This will be kept updated frequently
    @Dan_NIИ_77 Thanks to your audio submission for Sydney night 2 the show can be included, my audio was blown out with terrible phasing.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Aaaaand my final lot. So pissed I was only able to get Copy Of A from Friday but better than nothing.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    P.S. - I got Dan's USB in the mail. Goldy/Dan, should I just put my files on that same USB and forward it on in the post to Goldy? Or do you both want my raw files and I will send two separate USBs out to you in the post?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    P.S. - I got Dan's USB in the mail. Goldy/Dan, should I just put my files on that same USB and forward it on in the post to Goldy? Or do you both want my raw files and I will send two separate USBs out to you in the post?
    Well if you send it to me I'll forward onto Dan because I'm sending him stuff anyway

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ok cool, I'll do that to your Miranda PO box.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Im happy if you put your files on then send to Matt if you like as I sent him the same files as you, that is if I'm guessing correctly that you havn't got your files to Matt yet and also saves him returning a HDD/USB to you unless you wanted data from him aswell?
    Well if you send it to me I'll forward onto Dan because I'm sending him stuff anyway
    That would be cool Matt.

UPDATE*

Progress tracker has now been added to the first post at the bottom. This will be kept updated frequently
    @Dan_NIИ_77 Thanks to your audio submission for Sydney night 2 the show can be included, my audio was blown out with terrible phasing.
    I'm glad it worked out, I haven't listened to the whole of Friday nights and was sure it was screwed