Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014.03.06 - Sydney, Australia @ Entertainment Centre

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

2014.03.06 - Sydney, Australia @ Entertainment Centre

I recorded the whole show, then literally with about 25 seconds left of Hurt to go, one of the security people tapped the camera. Fucking fat dickheads.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If anybody has any audio recording of any sort (preferably the whole show) that they would be willing to share with me I would be forever grateful and may even jizz in my pants. That was an amazing show in my opinion.

Although I wasn't too excited for QOTSA, they were actually really good too. Great night overall.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    If anybody has any audio recording of any sort (preferably the whole show) that they would be willing to share with me I would be forever grateful and may even jizz in my pants. That was an amazing show in my opinion.

Although I wasn't too excited for QOTSA, they were actually really good too. Great night overall.
    I have all bar A Warm Place at the start that sounds ok, will fill you in more when I listen on a set of speakers.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I recorded the whole show, then literally with about 25 seconds left of Hurt to go, one of the security people tapped the camera. Fucking fat dickheads.
    I recorded the first 30 minutes entirley of video with a pretty good angle. Suck about hurt but good to hear you got practically everything!!!
    Just listened to a bit of the Audio (which is 100% complete for both bands) and pre-editing it sounds not too bad... more to follow in the next few days. Will be in the pit for tomorrow nights show, will be recording!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    bugga Ryan, I did some from the stands but was too much for my camera that went into serious melt down. got some on my phone but audio is shit although I can swap it out for separate audio recording.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    1'000'000
    Letting You
    Terrible Lie
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    Sanctified
    Came Back Haunted
    Me I'm Not
    Copy of A
    Survivalism
    Only
    Wish
    Gave Up
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt
    Last edited by Matt Goldfinch; 03-06-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have a few shitty 10 second clips of A Warm Place because I was too busy freaking out that I was actually hearing it live

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Some tv show or radio show just interviewed me, said Trent is gonna see it and I begged him to play the song AATCHB live haha
    Fuck. Yes. +10 points

PS great sets by both bands.
    See y'all tomorrow!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    awesome show and sets by both bands...seeing nin back on stage again was amazeballs

yeah, see yall tomorrow haha

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    1'000'000
    Letting You
    Terrible Lie
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    Sanctified
    Came Back Haunted
    Me I'm Not
    Copy of A
    Survivalism
    Only
    Wish
    Burn
    Gave Up
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole
    Hurt

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    bugga Ryan, I did some from the stands but was too much for my camera that went into serious melt down. got some on my phone but audio is shit although I can swap it out for separate audio recording.
    Hey man, how did your recording turn out? mine is a little dorwned out with bass and a bit quiet but should be able to fix it up with some editing. I'm going to be closer to the stage which is better for my mics and turn on the roll off filter for tonight's show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This was good, but it wasn't amazing, and I feel like if I hadn't already seen NIN a bunch of times in various formats I'd be a little disappointed. QOTSA wiped the floor with them from a stage presence perspective (but their sound was horrible - NIN's sound was great). I feel like I should really be going tonight, when NIN are hopefully headlining, to see what the show is like then. It felt like NIN opened for QOTSA as opposed to a co-headlining sort of thing, if you catch my drift.

NIN's light show was incredible as usual, and Queens only had this big screen in the middle that did the looping gif style images which feels about a decade out of date. It's hard not to compare the two, I guess.

I feel like the 4-man setup is a little too sparse and relies on backing tracks too much, and it looked a little bit like they had to quickly come up with something after a band member dropped out or something like that. I don't know, just had a very strange feeling coming away from it all. Spoiled from looking at Tension recordings, I suppose.

Oh, and A Warm Place was only the backing synth chord changes; the Crystal Japan melody line isn't in it at all. Took a while to realize what was playing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Goldfinch View Post
    Hey man, how did your recording turn out? mine is a little dorwned out with bass and a bit quiet but should be able to fix it up with some editing. I'm going to be closer to the stage which is better for my mics and turn on the roll off filter for tonight's show.
    I haven't had a chance to get it off the device yet, is only MP3 but sounded ok through the recorder speaker but probably needs a boost post production. The sound on my camera came out great although I didn't film all songs and the sound on my phone is blown to pieces, don't think it's built for that.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

$30 at show, $150 on eBay.... Bit of mark up there.

http://bit.ly/1qcDbX3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^ They weren't a limited print were they?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timdotexe View Post
    $30 at show, $150 on eBay.... Bit of mark up there.

http://bit.ly/1qcDbX3
    Can buy them from the artist

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Ah cool, thanks for that. Might grab one as I left it too late last night and they all sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my home is full of this guys concert poster art work. super talented guy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So now that I'm finally recovered from both shows, I can do a quick write up of my experience.

First off, it was my first Nine Inch Nails show (after missing many opportunities previously due to lack of age and money) and it was absolutely perfect conditions for me. Almost right on the rail, just off to the right of Trent, could see everything perfectly and there was no tall prick standing in front of me as is usually the case.

The second I heard 'A Warm Place' start I literally started screaming from excitement. Then I pretty much stood there in awe as everything went dark and everyone came out on stage. Then 'Somewhat Damaged' starts and I lost my shit to it along with everyone else. The set continued and every single song just fit perfectly, every single song they played was exactly what I wanted to hear. Then 'Piggy' started and I almost pissed my pants from how excited I was that I was finally hearing it live then one minute Trent is on stage singing, next thing I see is his face inches away from mine, still singing into the mic, so I did the first thing that came to mind...and reached out to pull Trent further into the pit . So I did exactly that, I pulled an arm free, reached out and grabbed onto his bicep and holy shit the man has solid arms. If there's anything that's given me motivation to get back into gym work again it's that moment right there. All of a sudden Trent tosses the mic and it ended up landing right next to my shoulder, so I turned my head and just screamed into it (not sure if anybody who recorded the show can hear it, listen out for the "dying cow" scream, haha) which was even more fun for me.

Everything after that was pretty damn amazing. I was so happy hearing them play "Only" and it was hilarious seeing everyone around me starting to dance rather than jump/attempt to mosh to it. But the absolute highlight of the set for me were the three songs which followed on after. First, I know "Wish" is pretty much considered a staple song in their setlists, but to someone like myself who absolutely loves the song AND has never heard it live before, it was damn cool. The absolute tip top, number 1, 100% holy fucking shit part of the night for me was hearing them play "Burn". The song that basically started me off on Nine Inch Nails it's the reason why I still have a sore neck and bruises up and down my back and sides. Still can't get over the fact that they played it...so damn good. Again, "Gave Up" seems pretty common again, but it's another one of my all time "I need to hear this live" songs so I was cheering, especially AFTER hearing "Wish" and "Burn" back to back.

The rest of the set was absolutely awesome as well. I finally heard "Hurt" played live. I purposely stopped listening to it after the tour was announced just so it would seem so much more magical on the night, and it worked

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, I just got home and while some of you are following the road show some of us need to work. To tie me over for the last few hours I have been reviewing footage, sound checking audio and also managed to upload to youtube. I have also decided that my audio from this night is pretty good except for the crackles and bangs every time someone walks past in front of me, I would prefer to give this a little clean up before making it available to the community so you will need to wait a little for this to happen. So without any further delays please see NIN MOTP live in Sydney on 06-03-2014

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well, I just got home and while some of you are following the road show some of us need to work. To tie me over for the last few hours I have been reviewing footage, sound checking audio and also managed to upload to youtube. I have also decided that my audio from this night is pretty good except for the crackles and bangs every time someone walks past in front of me, I would prefer to give this a little clean up before making it available to the community so you will need to wait a little for this to happen. So without any further delays please see NIN MOTP live in Sydney on 06-03-2014
    Oh wow, that was so damn good. Great quality sound and footage (except for those 2 people that decided it was a good idea to get up and walk in front of the camera ). Definitely cannot wait to see/hear the whole show once it's available!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Oh wow, that was so damn good. Great quality sound and footage (except for those 2 people that decided it was a good idea to get up and walk in front of the camera ). Definitely cannot wait to see/hear the whole show once it's available!
    Thanks nothing8, was pretty happy with the result and wish I filmed all. People walking through was giving me the shits but I guess when you have to go you have to go, I stopped filming Sanctified due to this (I loose it easy sometimes).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Thanks for the link!

I was expecting the tour poster to be the same for every gig, so I didn't even bother looking at the merch stand for the second Sydney show because I got the Ken Taylor poster at the first show. It wasn't until the Newcastle show that I saw there was a different coloured version of the 1st Sydney gig. Was really upset that I missed out on a poster for the second show, but a bit surprised to see it's not by the same artist. Will grab it off the website anyway!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just cause you guys have been so nice here's another for you, NIN 1,000,000. I have uploaded these at 720 but 1080p is on it's way probably through a Multi cam DVD with the help of a few others.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...307#post171307

Stay tuned to this thread for the feature-length DVD!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And I know it's not NIN but this song I feel is worthy of an appearance, if you disagree let me know and I'll remove it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally got around to uploading pictures from the Sydney shows, also featuring super lame fangirl moment and Alessandros sideshow:

http://imgur.com/a/pt4L3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Finalized payment of both mine today, John from Beyond The Pale did say Thursdays posters are flying out and won't last much longer. Now I just need to wait for him to send them as he is being run off his feet with deliveries to all the shows before deadline. I would have bought from the show though if I had have known there was a chance of a signed copy....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I would have bought from the show though if I had have known there was a chance of a signed copy....
    After seeing that tweet, I checked my posters as soon as I got home. So bummed out that neither of mine were signed. Maybe the one I ordered off John will be! Probably wishful thinking, haha.

Has anyone got one of the signed ones yet?