Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 79

Thread: 2014.03.06 - Sydney, Australia @ Entertainment Centre

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Maybe the one I ordered off John will be! Probably wishful thinking, haha.

    Has anyone got one of the signed ones yet?
    I spoke to John about the signed copies, he thought it was pretty cool but sounds like they are being done at the venues before the show. Would be pretty cool to have received one.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    I spoke to John about the signed copies, he thought it was pretty cool but sounds like they are being done at the venues before the show. Would be pretty cool to have received one.
    Dammit >.< maaaaybe I'll just buy a couple from the next shows I go to and just hope for the best.

    Or I wonder if I can give one to Drew, and he can ask them to sign it for me, haha.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Dammit >.< maaaaybe I'll just buy a couple from the next shows I go to and just hope for the best.

    Or I wonder if I can give one to Drew, and he can ask them to sign it for me, haha.
    Buy me one to, I'll have the one with the signature

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    Buy me one to, I'll have the one with the signature
    Sure thing

    Rob and Ilan came out and sat in the seats at the Newcastle show to watch Brody perform (I can't believe no one noticed and ran up to them), if I wasn't so conscious of annoying them I would have gone up and asked them to sign a poster.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    After seeing that tweet, I checked my posters as soon as I got home. So bummed out that neither of mine were signed. Maybe the one I ordered off John will be! Probably wishful thinking, haha.

    Has anyone got one of the signed ones yet?
    I had no idea these posters were even being offered for sale...actually pretty bummed I didn't pick one up at the show (I did get the generic HM one, though). Might grab the second Sydney show poster off that site, not too keen on the first nights one.

    Can't believe I missed the chance of grabbing a signed poster...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^ I didn't even realize they were there, thought thy were QOTSA as they were on their side of the board. Even said to the girl "there isn't any limited stuff is there?" of which she replied "no, just what's here"... Teach me for not paying attention.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    I had no idea these posters were even being offered for sale...actually pretty bummed I didn't pick one up at the show (I did get the generic HM one, though). Might grab the second Sydney show poster off that site, not too keen on the first nights one.

    Can't believe I missed the chance of grabbing a signed poster...
    The chances of grabbing a signed one must have been pretty slim. I believe they were limited to ~300 prints per show (too lazy to go check my posters, beds too comfy), and the bands would have only signed a couple. Doubt the merch staff would have gone through to check which ones were signed if you asked them to.

    Did you think it was a bit weird they had the Tension tour posters? I understand there's avid collectors who'd love it but I think the majority of people only collect dated posters of concerts/tours they've been too.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    ^ I didn't even realize they were there, thought thy were QOTSA as they were on their side of the board. Even said to the girl "there isn't any limited stuff is there?" of which she replied "no, just what's here"... Teach me for not paying attention.
    Exactly what I thought as well! I even asked the guy if the posters would still be there after the show and he points to what I thought were the QOTSA posters and goes "those there are limited *points to NIN posters* those will be around well after the show".

    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    The chances of grabbing a signed one must have been pretty slim. I believe they were limited to ~300 prints per show (too lazy to go check my posters, beds too comfy), and the bands would have only signed a couple. Doubt the merch staff would have gone through to check which ones were signed if you asked them to.

    Did you think it was a bit weird they had the Tension tour posters? I understand there's avid collectors who'd love it but I think the majority of people only collect dated posters of concerts/tours they've been too.
    I found that very odd. I was hoping that those posters would have tour dates on them for the Australian shows. Pretty upset that there wasn't, but I already have the promotional poster for the shows already so I'm not all that bummed. Well, I am a little bit because the Aussie shows on that HM background would look pretty sexy.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    I already have the promotional poster for the shows already so I'm not all that bummed. Well, I am a little bit because the Aussie shows on that HM background would look pretty sexy.
    :O
    Where did you get the promo poster from? I've asked at the venues so far but they haven't given me one >.<

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I tried to get the one off the front of the Entertainment Centre but no luck :-(

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I was lucky enough to walk into Utopia one lunch break to pick up a few missing singles in my NIN collection (mostly TDS era stuff) and on the way out I saw the poster just sitting there in a shitty plastic frame sitting on the ground. I just stood there staring at it thinking "I could totally run with this thing right now and nobody would know", but then I figured as usual, if I even TRIED doing that I would feel guilty as fuck for a whole year and would feel like shit every time I looked at the poster. So I quickly gave my girlfriend the CD's I'd picked up, ran back downstairs and like a little kid I told the guy behind the counter that the really awesome NIN tour poster had come off the wall and whether I could offer him any money for it or if he was kind enough to let me have it for free. So I follow him upstairs, point out the poster for him and he kneels down and pulls it out of said plastic frame and gives it to me saying "Here man, it's just a piece of paper to me, you can have it", to which I came back with "this thing is like gold to me, you're a fucking champion" and jumped on the train back to work with a massive smile on my face

    I tried at my local record store a few times to get the poster they had hanging up, but they always tell me to come back AFTER the shows and they'll give it to me. I'm either always late, or they lie and keep it for themselves. Moral of the story - always ask, you might get lucky

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Aah, gotcha. I might go to utopia and see if they have anymore.

    And there's a few singles I'm missing out on as well, so that's a good idea. Did they have much there?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well I guess our question just got answered, 5 chances in 150 (only half have been going to the shows) isn't too bad.
    Via Facebook
    Nine Inch Nails

    4 hours ago

    "We've been signing 5 limited edition posters at each of the shows and mixing them into the stack. Pick up a poster at the merch booth and you may be the next winner. "

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Moral of the story - always ask, you might get lucky
    That's right. At the second show there was a NIN pick on the floor and I motioned the security guard forward, said there's a pick on the floor behind you and would you mind giving it to me? And he gave it.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Really awesome NIN tour poster had come off the wall and whether I could offer him any money for it or if he was kind enough to let me have it for free.
    Which one was this? The frontier touring one?

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Moral of the story - always ask, you might get lucky
    I tried to get lucky with this one in 2009 but no luck plus I'd be buggered how I was going to get it back to Aus.
    Last edited by Dan_NIИ_77; 03-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,358
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ Where the bloody hell would you hang that? On top of your personal mountain?

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Aah, gotcha. I might go to utopia and see if they have anymore.

    And there's a few singles I'm missing out on as well, so that's a good idea. Did they have much there?
    Surprisingly enough, they do! I can't remember exactly what they have, but I do know I cleaned them out pretty well. They're all priced surprisingly cheap, like, $10 or less from memory for a lot of the singles and CD's.

    Quote Originally Posted by timdotexe View Post
    Which one was this? The frontier touring one?
    That would be the one, the red one with NIN/QOTSA etc on it. I'll try and grab a photo once I get home, or even just find the actual poster online somewhere

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    That would be the one, the red one with NIN/QOTSA etc on it. I'll try and grab a photo once I get home, or even just find the actual poster online somewhere
    Like this?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Queens-Of...dacfc68&_uhb=1

    Or the same but with only 1 sydney and 1 melbourne show?

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timdotexe View Post
    Like this?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Queens-Of...dacfc68&_uhb=1

    Or the same but with only 1 sydney and 1 melbourne show?
    Exactly the same as the picture you posted. I didn't actually realise until you pointed out the fact that there was a second poster with the additional dates!

    For $13 or whatever it is I may as well add the poster with the added dates to my collection too

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ^ Where the bloody hell would you hang that? On top of your personal mountain?
    Where there's a will there's a way... Was actually looking at sticking it to the ceiling.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here's another snippet to help with the withdrawals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEHul5UMeGM

    Bit puzzled as to why the quality hasn't passed through to youtube, I tried twice...
    Last edited by Dan_NIИ_77; 03-18-2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Puzzled with quality

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And might as well through another up, apologies to anyone that sees themselves in the very front of shot. I didn't mean for you to piss me off!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYCbeU6aJ9Y

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Might grab the second Sydney show poster off that site, not too keen on the first nights one.
    So I finally got around to ordering the second Sydney show poster. I made the decision based on the fact that I already have the red Frontier Touring promo poster (with the single Sydney/Melbourne dates) and that I wanted a different poster to highlight the fact that I was also at the second show (seeing as I only have a print-at-home style ticket, I wanted something concrete).

    Now I just need to find a balance between spending money on posters and getting them framed.

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Now I just need to find a balance between spending money on posters and getting them framed.
    Urghhh.. I am not looking forward to how much it's going to cost to get 5 of those posters framed -_-

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Today was a big day for me, decided to get both my concert posters framed with ticked mounted underneath. I'm going to run a competition to see who can guess the price, this is for both Sydney shows with frames to match so 2 different sizes. Not sure what the prize will be yet, maybe a copy of the upcoming DVD via download

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    Today was a big day for me, decided to get both my concert posters framed with ticked mounted underneath. I'm going to run a competition to see who can guess the price, this is for both Sydney shows with frames to match so 2 different sizes. Not sure what the prize will be yet, maybe a copy of the upcoming DVD via download
    I really hope you got an awesome deal and it didn't end up costing you too much, because if that's the case I would love for you to point me in the same direction of wherever you went

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    I really hope you got an awesome deal and it didn't end up costing you too much, because if that's the case I would love for you to point me in the same direction of wherever you went
    I'm located in Cairns so I wouldn't recommend getting it done up here and as a hint of the cost, my initial quote was just short of $1,000.....

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_NIИ_77 View Post
    I'm located in Cairns so I wouldn't recommend getting it done up here and as a hint of the cost, my initial quote was just short of $1,000.....
    Could have sworn you were one of the other Sydney people on the boards...that quote scares me. I can only imagine how much it's going to cost me to get just 2 of my posters framed...maybe even 3 throwing in the HM one.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Could have sworn you were one of the other Sydney people on the boards...that quote scares me. I can only imagine how much it's going to cost me to get just 2 of my posters framed...maybe even 3 throwing in the HM one.
    I was in Sydney for the shows and lived there many years ago but I'm just a happy FNQ resident that will travel to where I have to to see NIN. BTW that quote was for 2 (both Sydney posters), managed to get it reduced by a fair amount but still not cheap. Think I'm in the wrong business, these things better look special when I get them back.... Was going to get my poster from the Philippines properly framed as it is in a Target special ATM but decided I like it just the way it is.

Posting Permissions