Page 8 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm talking more about bands that I've actually seen play with NIN recently, not all of the bands that have toured with them. QOTSA and Janes Addiction sucked. The Horrors were an absolute joke. Whoever opened for them in Vegas recently were so forgettable I can't even remember who they were. Whoever opened for them in Vegas for LITS were god awful, MEW did the other 2 NYC Wave Goodbye shows right? They were OK.

Soundgarden for me is hearing who's going to be opening for them that I've heard prior and actually being excited for,because a majority of bands NIN has toured with since 2005 I have never heard of before. The only other time I can think of that I heard of a band opening for NIN that I knew I would enjoy was Dresden Dolls. Trying to think of the last time I saw an opener for NIN that I never heard of before but I liked when I saw them and became a fan. Think it was Saul Williams and Does it offend you, yeah? I'm sure if I saw Crystal Castles/Bauhaus/Peaches the feeling would be about the same.

tl;dlr I really haven't cared for any band NIN has toured with since Wave Goodbye, and I'm happy they will be touring with a band I like for once.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, QOTSA, MEW, The Horrors, Boris, Crystal Castles, HEALTH, Deerhunter, TV on The Radio, etc.
    Outside of MAYBE QOTSA, those bands didn't draw anybody to the show that wouldn't have gone if it was just NIN.

My buddies who couldn't be bothered to go to any of the Wave Goodbye shows with me in Chicago were instantly in when I said NIN & Soundgarden were touring together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Explosions In The Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, QOTSA, MEW, The Horrors, Boris, Crystal Castles, HEALTH, Deerhunter, TV on The Radio, etc.

I think it's safe to say that NIN have been touring with some extremely enjoyable bands for quite some time now. Soundgarden? Not one of them.

This Soundgarden "comeback" is nothing more than a cash-grab for Cornell since his solo-career didn't pan out.
    Not true. Cornell sells out 3,000-5,000 seat theatre on his solo tours. His solo tours do just as well as the Soundgarden business honestly.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Of the 45 or so shows I've seen it's definatly been more lousy openers then good ones.

Good:
    marilyn manson, APC, qotsa, Saul Williams, street sweeper, tv on the radio, and Gary numan.

Bad:
    the list is nearly endless. The worst being Godspeed, death from above, and janes addiction.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm guessing tickets aren't going on sale next week, otherwise we would already have the dates announced?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I guess if anything, this tour is just reminding me of how many butt-rock fans NIN still have under their belt who are afraid to branch out into modern music, rather than clinging onto hopes of more tired ass Tool albums and such.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

NIN with Soundgarden for upcoming summer amphitheatre NA tour

It reminds me how close minded and elitist nin fans can be. Just coz someone liked or doesn't mind or even loves Soundgarden does not mean they're afraid "branch out into modern music". Hilarious.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 03-08-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    At least Trent is into washed up 90s artists these days, as opposed to washed up 70s artists (Numan, Muprhy)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^those are low blows @billpulsipher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As for the opening band/co-headliner wish & judgement list, meh.
    It is what it is. Crap in one hand, wish in the other.
    What makes me scratch my head is the 'Philly date' listing xfinity live as a venue. It's a bar complex across from the stadiums of the eagles, flyers,& phillies.
    I'm guessing they are hinting at Camden across the bridge?
    Really wish it would be the Mann music center instead of murdertown usa. F'n hate the Camden venue!
    Mann Center is so much cooler. Plenty of space, much cleaner,& you can't buy crack right out front.
    It's like the Red Rocks of Philly!
    Oh well. Hope they spill the beans soon. Suspense is killing me!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i hope there's an Ohio show still to be revealed, or a PA show that's closer to Cleveland than Philly. Philly is way out of my driving preferences, but i'd love to see Soundgarden, and i'm never one to pass on a NIN show if i can help it. Erie i could do, or Pittsburgh. Cleveland of course would be the best option for me, but i'll take what i can get i suppose.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I guess if anything, this tour is just reminding me of how many butt-rock fans NIN still have under their belt who are afraid to branch out into modern music, rather than clinging onto hopes of more tired ass Tool albums and such.
    Are you calling Soundgarden "butt-rock"?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I had to google WTF butt rock was, honestly never heard of or seen the term before...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=buttrock

Butt Rock
    1. A rock you sit on
    2. A rock that looks like a butt
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

Bob 1: I'm gonna go sit on my butt rock!
    Bob 2: What is wrong with you.

by I Hate All The Internets August 24, 2008

1436 681

Words related to Butt Rock:

rock butt cock rock creed hair metal buttrock metal butt rocker hard rock heavy metal nickelback glam rock hair bandshesher metalhead 80's 80's rock ass rock staind white trash

Buttrock
    1)A term to identify a band trademarked with cheap, unoriginal song lyrics; the vocalist hiding his lack of vocal talent by producing a deep and 'raspy' voice (i.e. Nickelback, Creed).

2)A term to identify any song composed by a buttrock band or any individual song which possesses buttrock qualities (see def. 1)

3) A term to identify anything, absract or concrete, that is distasteful, poorly concieved or overtly offensive.

1)Dude 1: Don't tell anyone but Lips of an Angel is my favorite song.
    Dude 2: Friggin' A dawg! You're a closet buttrock fan!

3) Why is that guy wearing all real-tree camoflauge in the middle of downtown? That is so buttrock!
    3a) Your sense of humor is buttrock.

by Mason S. January 30, 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I'd enjoy this thread so much more if it was about speculation over the tour vs. whose musical preferences are "right."

Some people love things other people hate. Some people hate things other people love.

Who cares? It's individual taste.

It's not like using the magic "suck" word will suddenly convince fans they were wrong all along and the music they've loved all this time suddenly conforms to your personal worldview.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    NIN has never toured with anything that resembles "butt rock," unless there was a Winger/NIN tour I am unaware of.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Proof of an Atlanta date: http://www.boxofficehero.com/boh-eve...8-2014-tickets

I predict a Superunknown/The Downward Spiral tour personally. I don't think Webster hall / palladium will have been the only two performances.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I wouldn't say that site is proof as they're a ticket re-seller, but it is disturbing that they even have information before an official announcement. This just reeks of scalpers having an inside edge.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Some of you really need to lighten the fuck up. Don't like the opener? Grab a fucking beer or a shirt. I've sat through some bad NIN openers (Ghostland Observatory and Dresden Dolls) that absolutely sucked, but I didn't care, I had a good time regardless. I love NIN and I hated Hesitation Marks, I still ended up having a good time at the Tension tour. I happen to like Soundgarden and saw them in Chicago in 2010 when the reunion was fresh and enjoyed them immensely. I know they're not for everyone, but Jesus, this isn't fucking Macklemore opening up. From a business standpoint, it probably makes sense for both bands to split costs on a larger production and Trent and the boys in the SG camp probably have dome cool things in store. Let it happen, don't be an asshole to anyone enjoying Soundgarden around you, because I'm sure it'll still be a killer show for NIN, and that's the main reason we're here, right?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Are you calling Soundgarden "butt-rock"?
    100% yes I am.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    100% yes I am.
    Buttrock:

Not Buttrock:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k258 View Post
    Gotta find some amusement parks on route to make the travel more fun. Rye Playland, Canobie, Lake Compounce...
    I wish they still had concerts at Lake Compounce. It was super convenient for me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This thread became utterly hilarious really quickly.

Who cares if Soundgarden's there? NIN's coming back to the US, that's all I give a shit about.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Having Soundgarden open up (or co-headline) with NIN is a major coup. I can't believe people would complain about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I wouldn't say that site is proof as they're a ticket re-seller, but it is disturbing that they even have information before an official announcement. This just reeks of scalpers having an inside edge.
    they have the information because it appeared briefly on live nation, and the information was scraped by the reseller before it was pulled

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtnd View Post
    they have the information because it appeared briefly on live nation, and the information was scraped by the reseller before it was pulled
    No news on the Masfield date?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    No news on the Masfield date?
    mansfield will be opened by this great band called the 495 bottleneck clusterfuck, and there will be an hour long post-show set by idling motor vehicles

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtnd View Post
    mansfield will be opened by this great band called the 495 bottleneck clusterfuck, and there will be an hour long post-show set by idling motor vehicles
    I would much rather the show take place at the Banknorth Garden, oh well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    They should really bury the hatchet with everyone Trent has had twitter beefs with and invite Biffy Clyro to open the show!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It was only a few years ago that everyone was depressed at the idea that we would never see NIN live again. Now, there's whining about whom they tour with?

All I want is to see NIN live again. They can tour with Bozo the clown for all I care.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    It was only a few years ago that everyone was depressed at the idea that we would never see NIN live again. Now, there's whining about whom they tour with?

All I want is to see NIN live again. They can tour with Bozo the clown for all I care.

That'd pretty damn awesome if Bozo joined the Jim Rose Circus. Whoever wouldn't enjoy that has a black heart made of coal.