Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    no opening band and NIN playing for 2, 2 and a half hours a night, as opposed to touring with a generic rock band, paying high ticket prices, and seeing an 85 minute show because the co-headlining band also has to play their 85 minute sets. I prefer option one

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    no opening band and NIN playing for 2, 2 and a half hours a night, as opposed to touring with a generic rock band, paying high ticket prices, and seeing an 85 minute show because the co-headlining band also has to play their 85 minute sets. I prefer option one
    How about you just don't go to the fucking show, better yet, get the fuck out of here while you're at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a little harsh Kid, since I agree with Bill. I'd much rather see a longer NIN set regardless of the circumstances. I think the double billing is a very good match and looking forward to seeing NIN and Soundgarden together, assuming SG plays their hits. Half the arena walked out of Bowie because he didn't, when they co-billed here in Boston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though I'm sure that this speculation is correct, I'm not gonna get my hopes up until NIN officially confirms it. With that being said, if they do tour with Soundgarden, I will crap my pants. Soundgarden is on my bucket list. In the past I was hoping for them to tour. In the back of my head, I knew Trent wouldn't do this. I sit here anxiously waiting. I hope some dates are added as well. Hopefully this week??? Monday??? please god. The tension is killing me (literally).

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    This is just a dream come true for me. My two favorite bands touring together. I could really see SG playing first and then NIN really pummeling the audience. So stoked for this. I wonder who is gonna replace Matt Cameron on drums?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe people are bitching about this. I guess you can't please the whole fanbase. I bet you it is the same people who bitched about Jane's touring with them. You should be glad NIN is touring. I'm sure Trent is exhausted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they add more dates than the speculation dates. NC date please? I know they did at the last minute on the last leg. I thought I was going to have to go to ATL, but then they added more dates.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    All those bands/musicians have little to no effect on ticket sales. SG will which is the point of trying to fill 20,000 seats.
    And this is what really pisses me off. It's not about the art, or the music, or the show, it's about what type of PRODUCT they can bundle together to maximize profits.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thom25 View Post
    That's a little harsh Kid, since I agree with Bill. I'd much rather see a longer NIN set regardless of the circumstances. I think the double billing is a very good match and looking forward to seeing NIN and Soundgarden together, assuming SG plays their hits. Half the arena walked out of Bowie because he didn't, when they co-billed here in Boston.
    Harsh? Are you not familiar with billpulsipher?

It isn't like this is the last time NIN will tour. Hell, we still don't even know if this is a coheadlining tour, for all we know NIN could getting a full show with SG playing an abridged set to the tune of 75 minutes. It's purely speculation at this point. If this were like the NIN/QOTSA shows where they flip a coin and share time, that would be one thing, but I hardly doubt that. I'm sure both bands have a huge overlapping fanbase which this is geared towards, as well as their respective die hard crews. I applaud Trent for trying something new, and I'm sure 75% of the crowd will eat it up, taking in account that a small percentage of people who classify themselves as NIN fans are represented on message boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    damn. I hope this date is wrong. (In regards to the ATL show listing on box office hero). I need a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday show. Unless they add a NC date.
    Last edited by Melissa A. Veal; 03-08-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I love Soundgarden, this is so awesome. I was planning on returning to the US to see more shows anyway but seeing SG makes it extra sweet.

See you there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anyone think they will add more dates/venues than the ones on their instagram video? It seems kinda like a small tour, but that could just be me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I love Soundgarden, this is so awesome. I was planning on returning to the US to see more shows anyway but seeing SG makes it extra sweet.

See you there!
    We ought to room together again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think we should place bets on how much ticket prices will be. I bet $140-150 for pit seats (that's with fees)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    looking forward to medley of songs Head down by both bands.
    I see that smile
    I see that smile
    I see that smile on your face

And this is not my face
    And this is not my life
    And there is not a single thing here
    I can recognize

We see you cry
    We turn your head
    Then we slap your face

And this is all a dream
    And none of you are real
    I'll give anything
    I'll give anything

I see you try
    I see you fail
    Some things will never change

NINGarden 2014: Facebeatings. I'm ready.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    anyone think they will add more dates/venues than the ones on their instagram video? It seems kinda like a small tour, but that could just be me.
    I sure hope so! There is nothing close to me at all from what has been "figured out".
    And the only Canadian date is Toronto? Why am I not surprised...

Sadly, that looks to be the one I am going to attend though. Wish there was something in Washington, but with Soundgarden playing the Gorge amphitheatre in George, WA in early July on their own, I can see why they didn't schedule a date there. Which is really unfortunate.

Toronto and LA seem the most feasible for me.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    We can sit around on ETS watching recordings together.

Also, it would be just my luck now that I live down in Philly that they book a show at Darien Lake and don't cancel it this time.
    GAH! That was the worst. The date just kind of... disappeared. WNY always gets the shaft.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I wonder who is gonna replace Matt Cameron on drums?
    On Pearl Jam's site they don't have dates booked past July 11th.

Then again on tour.nin.com they don't have dates booked past June 11th.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    On Pearl Jam's site they don't have dates booked past July 11th.

Then again on tour.nin.com they don't have dates booked past June 11th.
    Matt said that he is gonna take 2014 off to spend time with his family or something like that so I don't think it's totally PJ related that he won't tour this year.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m33k View Post
    GAH! That was the worst. The date just kind of... disappeared. WNY always gets the shaft.
    Buffalo hasn't had a NIN show since 99.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Matt said that he is gonna take 2014 off to spend time with his family or something like that so I don't think it's totally PJ related that he won't tour this year.
    Ah, I thought when SG announced he wouldn't be touring with them it was just because of PJ commitments.

If the cities we've figured out from the videos are the only dates, then it's not a very long tour, so who knows?
    Last edited by skullboy0; 03-08-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was expecting an announcement today given the two anniversaries today.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I cannot believe that there's people here complaining about QOTSA, JA or Soundgarden as co-headliners with NIN. It simply does not compute. Not saying that there's anything wrong with the smaller acts (NIN is usually great about picking their openers, the only one I haven't liked is Serena Maneesh). But seriously guys: NIN + Soundgarden. That's like the Second Coming of the Christ.

I saw a few months back an announcement for three Soundgarden + Black Sabbath shows in Germany, and figured: "Good Lord, no wonder why the Germans are such a happy bunch, if I had a few more weeks of time off and money, I would fly to Germany to see those shows, I'd probably pass out of happiness. And then advance the life tape a couple months more, and then there's this potential announcement of NIN + Soundgarden, and people complain??? And then I read complaints about QOTSA and JA? I'm going to lose my faith in humanity, seriously, I thought ETS was a decent place.

Whomever complains about Soundgarden should pick up Superunknown or Down On the Upside. Those two are perfect albums, absolutely no filler. For me Superunknown is Psychedelic Beatles making a baby with Paranoid's Black Sabbath. No other band sounds like it.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 03-09-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Buffalo hasn't had a NIN show since 99.
    Rochester was lucky to get a With Teeth show but before that was what? ''94? Have they EVER played in Syracuse?

I love Toronto, especially for the few months the "fast ferry" was running but that dream is long gone and I'm without a car these days. I think tour logistics just always work in their favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    would have preferred a co-headline amphitheatre tour with depeche mode, but Trent seems to be into touring with boring frat rock bands these days (janes/QOTSA and now soundgarden) I guess 2015 will be the co-headline tour with Green Day
    you like to whine a lot don't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    how come no one on the nin.com forums have mentioned this yet?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Chris Cornell reminds me of someone from Sons of Anarchy I think

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    how come no one on the nin.com forums have mentioned this yet?
    People post on the nin.com forums?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post

See you there!
    If you make it to CA this time around, hit me up. I'm hoping to attend Chula Vista, Irvine, LA, and maybe, Vegas and could help you with transportation, possibly lodging, if you'd like.