Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    It's a terrible location for queuing.
    Why is that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm wondering about the Tinley Park pit too. Anyone have experience with the venue? If one can acquire GA tickets, is it basically a "show up pretty early" kinda deal to snag a good spot?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering about the Tinley Park pit too. Anyone have experience with the venue? If one can acquire GA tickets, is it basically a "show up pretty early" kinda deal to snag a good spot?
    With amphitheaters, if there is a GA, it's going to be small enough that you could show up anytime before doors open and have a "good spot". If you want rail, you'll have to be early, yeah, but otherwise you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish we knew if the Soundgarden presale on Tuesday gets us in early and If we get the special NIN printed tickets. probably not for the tickets.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    AHEM. Death Grips...
    I might actually make a point of getting there on time for them. If they show up at all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    Ahhhhhh shit. I mean this is cool and all, but Toronto is too far for me to go this year to see a show in Canada. I was hoping for later in the year, like another early winter tour, maybe that will happen. Maybe not. Damn!
    Try for Vegas maybe?? It's usually cheaper for me (flying from Calgary) to go see NIN in Vegas, than it is in Toronto.

There are a few shows I want to see! have a buddy that lives in LA, so I might try to catch a couple at the end of the tour...I just hate how the pre-sale is the same time for all of these! going to make it hard to get tickets to multiple shows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Where is the proof Death Grips is opening, or is it just a rumor? I hope they're there!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is very awesome news! I'm glad that Trent is playing in Dallas! He kind of left us behind last year

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    WTF? I seriously need to know if its 2 or 4 purchase. As mentioned - email says 4 and website says 2.

As far as I know - I havent ever heard of the Hollywood Bowl opening up the front for a pit - they didnt do it for the NIN show in 2005 as far as I know either.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have mixed emotions about my NINJA experience that will likely keep me from going to this tour. Being outside all day in the humid/rainy Southeast wasn't very fun, and NIN played their entire set in the daytime, making their portion of the event feel embarrassingly mundane compared to Jane's Addiction.

Considering they play in the dead of summer again and are co-headlining w/ Soundgarden, these scenarios are bound to repeat themselves. Also, there's no way Death Grips will survive this tour. They'll miss a couple dates and will get kicked off. That's a guarantee.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Where is the proof Death Grips is opening, or is it just a rumor? I hope they're there!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Being outside all day in the humid/rainy Southeast wasn't very fun
    Oh yeah. Eeek. Glad I'm planning on moving before the tour.

Since I'll likely be in Philadelphia, I'm leaning towards to Camden show, but is there any compelling reason to go to the Jones Beach or Holmdel one? (Better venue or whatever.) Wouldn't mind an excuse to hang out in NYC for the weekend if there is. (EDIT: I don't drive, so I'd probably be taking public transportation in any case.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Why is that?
    Tinley Park is way out in the burbs, surrounded by fields with no stores or anything in the immediate vicinity. I queued for Radiohead there in 2012. The nearest restrooms are a mile away in a strip mall, across a 4-lane road. They don't open the parking lot until about 2 hours before doors. The area immediately outside the gates is all blacktop with pretty much zero shade. No water or anything available. Security made everyone queue on the blacktop. You couldn't stay in your car. If you went to sit on the grass under the few nearby trees you got yelled at. We had to negotiate to get them to allow one car to ferry people back and forth. There are something like 4 entrance gates. They all open at the same time. Mad dash to the pit. Probably the worst pre-show queuing experience I've ever had.

It was an incredible show, though. And it does have a fairly small pit.
    Last edited by Moebius; 03-15-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Also, there's no way Death Grips will survive this tour. They'll miss a couple dates and will get kicked off. That's a guarantee.
    They're already missing the first night. They're scheduled to perform on July 19th at Toronto's Time Festival which obviously conflicts with the opening show in Vegas. o_0 http://exclaim.ca/News/time_festival...son_charli_xcx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are they at the same time? 12 pm est for me is 10 am

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Fuck my paycheck is going to disappear soon.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Any idea how much the pricing is going to be?

Oh, and anyone know anything about the Tampa and West Palm amphitheatres? If anyone has been to both, which is better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Any idea how much the pricing is going to be?

Oh, and anyone know anything about the Tampa and West Palm amphitheatres? If anyone has been to both, which is better?
    The highest tickets are about $100.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    IIRC, Tampa's is located at the State Fairgrounds and they don't let you park early to queue (you have to try a Jedi mind trick on the security at the parking gate). If there's an event going on the same day as the show, you have a better chance of getting in. That said, there's not a lot within walking distance. So, you're better off bringing supplies in a cooler and just tailgating for the afternoon.

As far WPB, I just remember it being so hot and sunny that I grabbed an umbrella from WalMart for some shade while waiting in the queue. The venue is on its own property and I believe there was some food and junk within a short driving distance. Of course, if there's no GA for this show - then it's silly to queue up all day.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 03-15-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added tour prices in a later post.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    God damn. My two favourite bands of all time co-headlining. Anyone complaining about Soundgarden playing with NIN needs a swift uppercut, you ungrateful pigs.

I guess I'll just have to happily settle for NIN/QOTSA tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    God damn. My two favourite bands of all time co-headlining. Anyone complaining about Soundgarden playing with NIN needs a swift uppercut, you ungrateful pigs.

I guess I'll just have to happily settle for NIN/QOTSA tomorrow night.
    Can we trade problems?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I would if I could, but I'm really looking forward to seeing QOTSA still so I'm not exactly devastated by the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Fuck my paycheck is going to disappear soon.

hhaha. I was thinking the same thing....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Bank Center? Eh......alright. Wish they were playing Fairmount Park instead. But beggers cant be choosers I suppose..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Not sure why two of the shows I planned to hit are the most expensive, but I guess that's just the lot of being a NIN fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping the Charlotte presale doesn't sell out too quickly. I'm so glad I don't have to try for the L.A. or the bigger city shows.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Odd that quite a few dates are missing from Musictoday at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm crossing my fingers for Chula Vista and LA. Going to try and grab LA first then give Chula a shot

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hopefully WPB will have pit again..seems there for several current acts based on seating charts. Tampa was pretty nice too circa 2009.

Never seen Soundgarden. Haven't really been attracted to their music. But hey, NIN! And I am an addict.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well great, not coming anywhere close to me. And I was really hoping to see Death Grips too