Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    A friend was having a shitty day so against my better judgement, we went.

This was essentially Attention Deficit Disorder: the experience. It somehow managed to feel like it had no beginning; it all felt like 'middle;. Virtually every conversation was comprised of people fast-talking over each other, yelling, or bad motivational speeches. I don't think a single shot lasted over five seconds.

It may possibly be the single worst one, and that's saying something.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw a clip of it during Mark Kermode's review on Youtube. Ugh... the editing is horrible. It's like an average of 4 seconds a shot. Six editors for things like this? Is it that necessary to have a shot in the film every 4 seconds when you can use it for 30 or more just to get an understanding of what is going on?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK so i went to see The Last Knight on Saturday and fuck me was it awful! I'm not exaggerating, had it not been for the fact the cinema had air conditioning i would have left halfway through, but lets break things down...

The Pro's - The last 45 minutes were actually alright. The background shots looked really cool, to the point i wish they'd just stopped fighting/talking just to look at it. There was lots of fighting and robots punching each other, it was OK.

The cons - The first 2 hours were some of the worst cinema i've seen this year (i'm up to about 18 films this year to put that in perspective) It felt like it was edited by a YouTuber with ADHD and in a rush, nothing made sense, it was just cut after cut after cut. The story was just fucking stupid (at one point Megatron was negotiating with human lawyers about getting his crew back...no really! Oh and Hitler was killed by a watch transformer...) I struggled to figure out who this film was for, the jokes were defiantly for kids but every character threw more shits then monkeys at the zoo! Was this a kids film? For teenagers? 20 somethings? Fans of the cartoon...which brings me to my next point.
    [Spoilers] So the film was billed as having Unicron, the big planet sized transformer from the original cartoon movie, and about an hour in it's revealed he is earth...and that's it. He doesn't DO ANYTHING. Instead the whole film was a 3 tease FOR HIS APPEARANCE IN THE NEXT FUCKING FILM! Oh and all that "Optimus is evil" stuff? Yeah that lasts about 5 minutes [Spoilers End] Just highlight the above if you want to see it

All in all a complete waste of my time. I know there must be some people out there that like these movies, but this one was just so bad it's like they don't give a shit about what they put out as they know "fans will go and see it", and that's bollocks!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wonder what Hazekiah really thinks about this film.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I wonder what Hazekiah really thinks about this film.
    Haven't given it a thought tbh lol. What's it at on RT now? Like 15% or something? Haha it takes a beautiful mind to write essays on a turd.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    i wonder what hazekiah really thinks about this film.
    masterpiece

WHY CAN'T I ALLCAP THAT?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I have enjoyed all of the first four Transformers movies, to varying degrees, for what they were. The Last Knight, however, has zero redeeming qualities. The entire thing (nearly three hours?!?!) was incoherent and nonsensical and there was not a single point where I thought, "well at least that was a cool part/sequence". I am legitimately upset with myself for watching this.