Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: King Crimson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For anyone liking spoilers: The setlists of the first two concerts are on Tony Levin's road diary.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    So, I was listening to a great performance of "Cirkus" from this current tour's free soundboard downloads on DGMLive, I think it was the third night from Krakow, Poland (also note the back-and-forth in the comments from a fan and the band's FOH engineer). Fabulous stuff, but just as it fades out with the applause dying away, you can faintly hear the keyboard intro to "Lizard" start up (the part they haven't played before this year, going into the 'Bolero' portion) and it's such a tease. I want another full live album!
    Last edited by botley; 07-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wildwood NJ is a beach town at the bottom of NJ- excellent beach and awesome boardwalk. They have a stage with live music on the boardwalk, and I randomly came across this video of teens doing, of all things, 21st Century Schizoid Man. they nailed it!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um_QAq9dtOA

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    I'm convinced King Crimson in 2018 is at the best that it's ever, ever been. The new 2018 Elements tour box is sheer glory: the first disc is like a précis of their whole 50-year career, told via the most transcendent versions of those songs I've ever heard. Then the second disc is like "oh, you like ballads, huh? Here are a dozen of the best we've got, all in a row, so you can weep all over yourself."

And they just put out three new soundboard recordings from the tour on DGMlive.com, with a brilliant and soaring "Epitaph" from Essen, a BONKERS new arrangement of "Neurotica", with Bill R. throwing in some mad piano riffage for extra chaotic enjoyment, and the first-ever soundboard recording of "Moonchild" from the shows in Oslo (just too bad it ends before we get to hear Tony & Jeremy's improvised cadenzas).

I really want Live in Mexico 2017 to come out, already! And the Re-ConstruKction box set, too... I just re-watched the Shepherd's Bush Empire show from Eyes Wide Open last night and hopefully that is remastered and included in some form. Bangers, ahoy!
    Last edited by botley; 07-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.