Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Thief

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Thief

Surprised no thread!

I got the game today for my Xbox One. Holllllllly Shit! I just played the prologue and it's super fun. I can't wait to delve into it further.

Anyone else interested or get it?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I don't have it yet but if someone can shed light on whether it's spider free i would love that.

I only have a strong experience with the opening chapter of the original Thief game, i couldn't find the guts to continue on because those damn spiders. I own all the classics, one of these days I'll bite the bullet and finally finish them.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I only ever played the demos of the first and second ones, but they were fun. Friend of mine was a big fan! I loved the plaintive moans some of the characters emitted when you blackjacked 'em!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    it's been getting some pretty harsh reviews...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I don't have it yet but if someone can shed light on whether it's spider free i would love that.

I only have a strong experience with the opening chapter of the original Thief game, i couldn't find the guts to continue on because those damn spiders. I own all the classics, one of these days I'll bite the bullet and finally finish them.
    I haven't seen any spiders so I think you're good. It's dark most of the time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I only ever played the demos of the first and second ones, but they were fun. Friend of mine was a big fan! I loved the plaintive moans some of the characters emitted when you blackjacked 'em!
    I never played the previous games but this game is super interesting. A stealth game with a small open map to do as you please in any fashion as long as you steal gold and items. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    it's been getting some pretty harsh reviews...
    I don't take reviews into consideration 80% of the time.

I don't know what people want/expect sometimes. I'm finding great fun with it. IGN gave it a 7 or so. The same people give CoD games 8-9 ratings so I take "official" reviews with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Who can forget the drunk at the beginning that you have to steal the keys from lol

EDIT: Ugh so here's a user review on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/...mended/239160/

The restrictions they've implemented in comparison to the old games is definitely disappointing. I can totally understand all the negative reviews when it's put like that.

Mind you this guy has only clocked in an hour of it, hard to say if he just left the menu on for an hour but it sounds like he did play a bit of it.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 02-25-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Who can forget the drunk at the beginning that you have to steal the keys from lol

EDIT: Ugh so here's a user review on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/...mended/239160/

The restrictions they've implemented in comparison to the old games is definitely disappointing. I can totally understand all the negative reviews when it's put like that.

Mind you this guy has only clocked in an hour of it, hard to say if he just left the menu on for an hour but it sounds like he did play a bit of it.
    Probably a retro elitist.

You can set custom challenge mode on, to make it as hard as you want to. You can make enemies smarter and deadlier, turn off focus mode entirely, make resources limited, etc.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL holy shit that review sounds awful. Pass.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The 360 version, ugh, choppy as hell. I'm guessing the cut scenes in the this gen (PS4/XB1) version would have more facial camera angles.
    It's just that introduction. The prologue, you get your first look at the city the game is set in... it's a brown palette. Poo brown.
    The game is picking up though, so my initial opinion has shifted somewhat in to more positive territory. I fucking love stealth games, but for the
    PS3/360 gen - Dishonored wins just over Deus Ex: HR and craps from a great height on Thief.... so far :P

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.