Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't wait!

Also, I spy AVANTI in the lower left ...
    Last edited by |mando|; 05-29-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: because i'm direction blind

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    I can't wait!

Also, I spy AVANTI in the lower right ...
    You mean left? By left leg of the TV stand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It seems FINE is the name of the new album (looking at that track sequencing photo from March 16), so that's probably the cover! Exciting. Interesting that it's a break from the planned "trilogy" of colors. I wonder if it's completely that same album he completed a while back, and if so, why the name changed. Will it have nine songs and end with a short reprise, or will it break from that too? :O

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    July 27 on Dais Records!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    July 27 on Dais Records!
    Dais Records has a pretty incredible roster.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Awesome!! Just scored one of the yellow vinyl copies, thank you

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Danke schön for the link
    One yellow vinyl and one CD ordered!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    And for those wanting their digital fix:
    https://sonoio.bandcamp.com/album/fine

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ...and the video for 'Thanks For Calling' is back

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm so happy that Alessandro managed to finish and publish this album, contrary to what he told me after a gig a couple of years ago.

I ordered the yellow version as well as a pink copy of Careless LP by Drab Majesty

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    I'm so happy that Alessandro managed to finish and publish this album, contrary to what he told me after a gig a couple of years ago.

I ordered the yellow version as well as a pink copy of Careless LP by Drab Majesty
    My interpretation of the album title is he was so tired of being bugged about it that he was like "Fine here's the last Sonoio album"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    My interpretation of the album title is he was so tired of being bugged about it that he was like "Fine here's the last Sonoio album"
    "Fine" is Italian for "End." He's probably going for multiple meanings, but this is also a pretty obvious one, since this is the end of Sonoio.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if this album is part of the trilogy that he was originally working on, or if that idea was scrapped? I ask because it was supposed to be three colors, and this one doesn't have the name or the artwork to suggest that it's connected to that idea the way the first two albums were.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Presumably it's meant to be part of that trilogy, or at least put together from the remains of what he was working on before he put Sonoio on hiatus. Based on his comments about how there won't be any more Sonoio shows because they're "too hard", I have a feeling Alessandro went through some personal stuff that made it impossible to complete the album a few years ago.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    "Preorder now and get 1 track free" the track free is "thanks for calling" lol... we already have that track, don't pull the wool over our eyes now. I don't usually preorder Cd's, but I have a feeling this one won't be easy to come by unless you do. So I probably will when I get home tonight.

Also, Trent should take a page out of alessando's book and offer us a CD version of his new record, lol.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    "Preorder now and get 1 track free" the track free is "thanks for calling" lol... we already have that track, don't pull the wool over our eyes now. I don't usually preorder Cd's, but I have a feeling this one won't be easy to come by unless you do. So I probably will when I get home tonight.

Also, Trent should take a page out of alessando's book and offer us a CD version of his new record, lol.
    While it's true that "Thanks For Calling" had already been released, it was never offered in a lossless format, which is something I personally had been wanting for a while. I'm thankful that it was the pre-order download.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

There is a CD version of Bad Witch. It's just not up on the NIN store. But you can easily preorder the CD elsewhere. Only $8 on ImportCDs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    There is a CD version of Bad Witch. It's just not up on the NIN store. But you can easily preorder the CD elsewhere. Only $8 on ImportCDs.
    Yeah, I know. I'd just rather buy straight from the source (nin.com). I'm going to hold off pre-ordering in hopes to find it in person at either Reckless Records or Rough Trade records in London while I am on vacation there the week Bad Witch drops. Hopefully the CD will be made readily available on release of Bad Witch and it's not one of those things that will "come out in a few months" like NTAE and AV did.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I know. I'd just rather buy straight from the source (nin.com).
    If you put it like this, FINE also isn't available straight from the source (sonoio.org) right now. :-P

Has anyone seen any other items related to the release yet? Last time it was pretty cool with the suonoio synthesizer and a really nice shirt. I like the artwork and would fancy a t-shirt in that style.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    If you put it like this, FINE also isn't available straight from the source (sonoio.org) right now. :-P

Has anyone seen any other items related to the release yet? Last time it was pretty cool with the suonoio synthesizer and a really nice shirt. I like the artwork and would fancy a t-shirt in that style.
    Hmm... Yeah, that's true isn't it. Pre-orders were made directly thru the sonoio website before which gave us the options of all those cool perks. I sold my sonoio synth on eBay a long, long time ago and after years of trying to sell that t-shirt, I just gave up and donated it to one of those charity bins in my area. Guess some unfortunate kid is going to rockin' a red sonoio t-shirt soon, lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really glad this is finally getting released! I was hoping maybe Blue and Red would finally get vinyl releases along with Fine but I'm just satisfied to be getting a third Sonoio album at all.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Preordered the green vinyl of the album off Dais.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome interview; thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Cortini
    The Forse series on Important Records will be re-released in a CD boxset with an extra live recording. We’re talking to Dominick at Hospital Records about eventually releasing a boxset for the Sonno/Risveglio series, which will include an extra record that was recorded at the time with the same instrumentation.
    I am so psyched for the Forse CD boxset and really hope Sonno and Risveglio have a CD boxet as well. (And the extra music!!)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I didn't take the Sonno/Risveglio box to be CD, though with Hospital, who knows, it could be a cassette box.

Definitely looking forward to to the Forse box, he's been teasing that for years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pre ordered FINE on cd. Looking forward to it.

I can't wait till the Forse box set comes out on cd!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I want to pre-order the new record so bad so I can complete my SONOIO CD collection, but I can't justify the price tag. It's $12.99 US, but then they tack on $10 shipping to Canada. $22.99 US converted to Canadian is $30 for a CD... no CD is worth $30... but I know this is going to be the only way to get this record. This isn't a CD you can just walk into a record store and pull it off the shelf.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This isn't a CD you can just walk into a record store and pull it off the shelf.
    It is listed on Amazon. Not for sale yet, but that might be a possibility.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    A bit late to the party but Cortini was answering questions on instagram