Thread: Dead Souls

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Hung herself. Just brutal.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Anthony Bourdain just took his life. He was 61.

What the fuck is going on here?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow, this is a crushing loss. I know Bourdain was a pretty dark guy, but it seemed like he was in a good place recently (based on his Twitter feed and the latest Part Unknown episodes). Can't help but wonder if his addictions/demons became unbearable. Reading some of the rumors and comments circulating around the internet is truly depressing. As someone wise once said, be kind...everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    A true inspiration for me when it came to writing and general outlook on getting along with different cultures and views... I am very devasted by these news as he played quite a role in my life watching countless episodes and talking about food with fellow chef friends due to his stories and love for food.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    No Reservations was appointment viewing in college and directly responsible for my college internship...as in "holy shit that place I never knew existed looks awesome let's cold call 'em" while watching an episode. We did and we got the internships which led to a job which led to a career which led to a relationship and family. No idea where i'd be had I not watched that episode.

While getting my son ready for school this morning I glanced at my computer from the hallway...saw this pic on Twitter and immediately knew why. What a punch to the gut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I don’t have anything different to say that hasn’t already been said. Mental illness is a monster that our country largely dismisses and underfunds. People you thought were friends will simply bail on you when you needed them the most because they don’t understand the monster. The whole thing sucks.

My condolences to Bourdain’s family and friends.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This is indeed very sad news...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Holy shit this is hard for me to hear. I've loved that guy since I was a kid, revered his writing, his open-mindedness, his authenticity, his backstory as someone who really fought with themselves to get to where they were. The thought that I could get to 61 and still feel that way is terrifying.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I thought he was so great. To have him and Cornell gone in almost a year is hard for me to imagine. This sucks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I am absolutely stunned. I loved him so much.

Rest in peace, Anthony. I wish you had found it in life. You brought a lot of people joy and knowledge they couldn't have found anywhere else. You will be sorely missed .

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This totally sucks. My mom was the first to hear about this morning and told me. We're both in shock as she really liked that guy. Plus, he always came across as totally cool and really had a lust for life. Whatever happened to him is proof that mental illness is a big deal. It had been to me as I went through depression 8 years ago and really wanted to die. I still feel blue at times but not to the point of suicide. Still, this totally sucks. Him and Kate Spade in the span of nearly a week.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    when i was younger, i thought he had the dream job traveling to exotic locations eating and drinking with interesting people and getting paid for it. i guess i shows depression can strike anyone at anytime
    -Louie

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    For my wife & I, Bourdain inspired much of the traveling and then the food we'd seek out while traveling. This couldn't have been more front & center than on our recent trip to Thailand. This is just so, so sad. The man lived the life that many, many people wished they could live, and he still wasn't happy, b/c he couldn't get happy. And his friend...poor Eric Ripert. To have found him like that while in his home country and Bourdain's practical 2nd home...while filming for Bourdain's show...my god how terrible.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm at lost for words. I've been struggling with Bourdain's death. I've been following his work for a few years now and fell in love with the person and his storytelling. I'm so confused and shocked to be quite honest. May he rest in peace.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anthony Bourdain was a shock. His Kitchen Confidential book is amazing as is No Reservations which I usually watch when visiting my Mum in the Caribbean and which he did one show from in St Vincent. Much missed RIP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I never watched Parts Unknown before but I might just look up some of the clips on Youtube. My mom was mad at my niece for quitting university and going to cooking school. Before Bourdain attended the Culinary Institute, he dropped out of Vassar College, which I think is a private school that allows kids to transfer to the Ivy League (Yale).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    edit:

the editor of our local paper posted this "news" online today. SIX MONTHS LATE.

Normally I check bylines and whatnot, but when it's the goddamn editor of the paper and ALL he posts is current events...well, I make assumptions.
    Last edited by theimage13; 06-15-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    ???

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Blues legend Matt Murphy of The Blues Brothers at age 88: https://news.avclub.com/r-i-p-blues-...706.1522973696

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Heard about that.... D'AH WELL.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Regardless of your opinion of his controversial issues, no one should die that young, someone who is capable of change to be just gone like that. dude was only 20, and thats horrible

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Never a fan of violence. Never wanna see a 20 year old get gunned down. On the other hand fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this dude foreeeeeeeeeeeeever.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Never a fan of violence. Never wanna see a 20 year old get gunned down. On the other hand fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this dude foreeeeeeeeeeeeever.
    I smiled so hard at work when cnn pushed the notification that he was killed. Hopefully he suffered in a state of panic and fear.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Another rapper got whacked today.... Jimmy Wopo: http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/...-hill-district

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Bansi from the pioneering psytrance group GMS passed away today. Might not be a household name to most, but in the psytrance world GMS is/was legendary.

A track from the past remixing the theme from Requiem for a Dream

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Damn, I didn't know that XXXtentacion did all those fucked up things.
    I heard some whispering that that shit is WHY he got killed; that it was like a vengeance thing.
    I kind of hope that is the case because it would at least make sense.

That being said, you guys better be careful speaking ill of the dead so soon. You're gonna wind up with the ghost of that motherfucker in your room at 3am, mumble rapping while he sodomizes you with that barbecue fork.