One More Try is a great fucking pop ballad, and if you disagree you can disagree later, and I say that having never put a dime in his pocket.

It's weird to say that it is as good as Prince at his best, but here we have them both dying in the same miserable window. Why this has been such a horrible year for legends on every musical level is surreal and bizarre at this point, but I'm feeling this strange feeling having always loathed "Last Christmas" as my very most hated Christmas song... and for some reason, that weird associated feeling of guilt at having vented that so many times without having a goddamn good thing to say about him as a musician even as an aside, makes me realize that I've been kind of an asshole, and yeah.... fuck this year. Let's all be some better and nicer people going ahead. Everyone is going to need that sort of thing right now, even if they don't know it yet.

I cannot wait for art to start fucking the world up so magnificently come January 1st. 2017: Let's make art dangerous again.