Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham City

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I love my Vita, but my favorite games so far have been Japanese imports that seem to have no chance of coming to the US. If you like top-down action RPGs (like SNES era Zelda) definitely pick up Ys: Memories of Celceta. I loved that game, and even though I probably have better things to spend my money on at this point, I'm going to buy it again when it comes out in the US just to support the fact that they're localizing it.

but, back on topic, the Vita/3DS BATMAN game should be getting some more love, because THAT is exactly the kind of game I wish I was seeing more of (Metroid/Castlevnia/Shadow Complex/Guacamelee)
    I don't want to derail the thread but I'll take any suggestions you've got. I've thought of getting the all talked about Persona 4 Golden as I'm sure I'd like it and any of the free games I've heard of on PSN.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Multiplayer officially announced.

I'm on the fence...it's being done by a separate studio, won't be on the game disc (separate MP disc included), is a 3 vs. 3 vs. 2 mode which I think will be hard to find full games and not half bots....PLUS it's basically set in the challenge room mode, which I was never a big fan of. Something tells me I won't be spending too much time with that disc in the drive.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate when useless tacked on multiplayer modes make their way to single player games. I'll try it out but don't expect all that much.

I do however love reading dumbasses who boycott games because they put multiplayer in the game. I'm having a nice argument on a forum elsewhere about it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-31-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: new infoz!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone else get a beta invite?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, beta's 1.73gb big...too bad I have to wait until after work tonight to give it a try...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy tacked on multiplayer, Batman! Shades of Dead Space 2's MP. Leveling up unlocks boosts, gear, etc etc. only one map so I'm sure it'll be better in game. Fun playing as Bane and The Joker. Hit detection is pretty bad some times.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate multiplayer games that reward time involved to make your character better. It's completely unfair.

If you don't get the game on Launch and you wanna try multiplayer later on down the line when you buy it, you're going to be fucked and lose every match no matter what. There won't be a fair playing field.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Considering I've outgrown the need for collector's anything pretty much, and don't feel the desire for a glow in the dark map, $119.99 seems a bit too rich for my blood.

The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition features a 9" Joker statue with LED effects, as well as an 80-page artbook, a Batman Wanted Posted, and a Batwing prototype schematic. In addition, the bundle features a glow-in-the-dark map of Gotham City, a Wayne family photo, and an Assassin's intel dossier.

The premium bundle also packs in various digital offerings, including the 1st Appearance Batman skin, the Deathstroke challenge pack, and a copy of Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics, a feature-length documentary narrated by Lord of the Rings actor Christopher Lee. The movie will only be available in North American versions of the collector's edition. The PlayStation 3 version of the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Still debating getting this game or not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Still debating getting this game or not.
    Why the hesitation?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Why the hesitation?
    Lack of money since dropping $60.00 at least once a month (and sometimes several times) gets to be a bit much after awhile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Lack of money since dropping $60.00 at least once a month (and sometimes several times) gets to be a bit much after awhile.
    i hear ya. Good luck. Anyone ever try gamefly? I wonder if it can help my budget

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    i hear ya. Good luck. Anyone ever try gamefly? I wonder if it can help my budget
    Yeah, I'm planning on canceling my gamefly membership... after awhile, you end up getting a game that you don't really want, but want to play enough to not send it back, and then you realize it's been two months paid membership, and it's just been sitting there on your shelf while you play the games you want to play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So who else played it? I got it. I was so excited. But I have to agree with the reviews so far. It's a 7. If it wasn't batman I wouldn't play it. Hope it gets better. Just no wow factor fo me. But then again, I've been playing GTA which makes everything less impressive.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I pretty much lost interest in Origins when I heard that Rocksteady wasn't making the game. I'm sure I'll play it at some point, but I'm not buying this one new.

I'm more upset to hear that the 2D handheld spinoff game is apparently also a massive disappointment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I pretty much lost interest in Origins when I heard that Rocksteady wasn't making the game. I'm sure I'll play it at some point, but I'm not buying this one new.

I'm more upset to hear that the 2D handheld spinoff game is apparently also a massive disappointment.
    Is it? Sounded promising and I seriously cared more about it more than Origins. I need more Vita games.

I think Origins should be the last game of this series. I read and heard it's not a bad game but nothing remarkably new or different. If they continue to milk this one, the quality will decline for sure.

I'll still get it at some point. maybe 50% on Black Friday. In 2011, I was lucky to nab Arkham City for half off.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    given the "surprise!" lower reception of this one, expect the second hand copies to drop to bargain bin prices even faster than City or Asylum did.

I can't personally attest to the Vita Blackgate game being bad, but I'm not going to buy it with those scores and no demo. If you're looking for some games to play on your Vita:

Guacamelee - Especially if you want a 2D metroidvania game like Batman was promising to be
    Sound Shapes - Suited better to the Vita. Like Guacamelee, cross buy with PS3 version
    Ys: Memories of Celceta - Amazing game. Comes out next month in America. Get it.
    Persona 4: Golden - If you don't like turn based JRPGs, don't get this. Otherwise, no excuse. Get it now.
    Gravity Rush - It's actually pretty great, get past the tutorial. Isn't this free w/ Playstation +?
    Uncharted - Also free with Playstation +?
    Rayman Legends/Origins - Yeah, you get them on PS3, and no cross buy, but these games are the BEST handheld platformers

There's a lot of other great games for it, but if you don't have any of those pick them up. Beyond that, it depends on what you're into. I have to admit, I've put the most time into Japanese imports, and I'm pissed they haven't been bringing those games over here.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, i'm guessing I should hold off on buying it?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Perhaps, I picked up a sealed copy off of Craigslist this morning before work from a guy that was selling it for only $60 (saved the tax) and to be honest, I'm the biggest bat-nerd out there and I haven't even opened it. The multiplayer is pretty tacked on (I played the beta) and the campaign will be just as good in a few weeks/months time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Friend of mine is raving about it. Tbh, I haven't been the most motivated to really sit down and play anything aside from fifa. I want to play it, eventually... Maybe I'll look up some reviews to see if that sways me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I want the game but dread paying $60.00 for it, hence my waiting till a hopeful price cut on Black Friday.

In the meantime I started playing Arkham City yesterday and today again for fun and such since I won't have Origins for a bit. I beat the Harley Quinn DLC even though I started it over a year ago and never even bothered to beat due to lack of time and other games.

I'm currently doing the Riddle Hostage missions but honestly it's so draining to actually even get to those missions. I have only done the second one. Finding and collecting the Riddle ? trophies is so fucking boring and time consuming. I can see why I never bothered.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Gonna probably cave and buy it tomorrow. The stuff I've seen from it seems convincing enough.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

I'm a few hours in and while it may be more of the same I love it. Nothing groundbreaking so far but the story is good (so far).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I also bought it tonight but with mostly free money from doing some yard work for a relative. I started multiplayer first...better than I thought actually. Whoa...really?!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Picked it up earlier. I'm liking it. Only a couple of hours in, but it's been pretty fun so far.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm enjoying it too. It's pretty much Arkham City 1.5, but that's exactly what I was after.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Game glitched up and corrupted my save. All 13 hours progress, gone...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: Batman: Arkham City

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Game glitched up and corrupted my save. All 13 hours progress, gone...
    Yikes! PS3 or 360? I had the game freeze this morning while entering the steel mill. Luckily it saved right before that and I didn't lose anything.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    PS3. I just noticed that a door wasn't opening (it wasn't locked). So decided to restart my checkpoint. Ended up with batman falling down an endless abyss... I exited out, and my option to continue was gone. My unlockables are still there though, just not my actual save file.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm doing more collectable item searching and finding than the actual story. I've gotten all Penguin Weapon Caches, 3 Comms Towers and their network relays, lots of extortion files started, a lot of Enigma's informants secrets and about 10 or so Crime in Progress situations. I'm enjoying the game. It might be a re-skinned Arkham City free roam map but it feels so good to glide around with it being the true Gotham City that we didn't get in the last games. I love it.

Thus far I've done Spoiler: the Deathstroke fight (without getting hit once!), infiltrated the GCPD HQ and am just about about to head to the sewers.

Anybody else find the combat in this game wonky? When I go for free flow fighting in challenges and in the game, it seems slower and broken. My combos lose their count super quick and awkwardly. Anyone agree? Highest combo I've gotten was 32x or so…meh.