Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Alien: Isolation

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Alien: Isolation

I'm very skeptical as alien games tend to be utter shite but this could be different. No weapons, no marines, no HUD, just one alien in a first person survival horror. Video games have largely bored me in recent years but this has me interested.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...w-and-trailer/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I LOL'd the first time I seen this on Xbox.com.

It could be decent but after the last game, which in all senses was entirely wasted potential, I find it hard to believe. I bought CM for super cheap and enjoyed it for the most part. It wasn't GOTY material or cutting edge but it was a semi-decent FPS that gave for some cluttered co-op fun.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    alien games tend to be utter shite
    I strongly recommend picking up Aliens vs Predator 2 for the PC. Good story, great atmosphere, great shooting (a concept that's become lost since the FPS genre went console-orientated), pretty scary. Though of course, being over twelve years old it's not the prettiest game you'll ever play.
    AvP1 on PC (on Steam as AvP Classic) was an amazing game for the time too, as was the original AvP on the Atari Jaguar, and the entirely separate arcade game of the same title (yes, including 2010's mediocre multiplatform AvP, that is 4 games sharing the same name). Other older games like Alien Trilogy or the Atari 2600's Alien have plenty of fans too.

Long story short, it's just been comparatively recently that Alien game have been fifty shades of shit. New game looks interesting, but I thought that about Colonial Marines and AvP2010... so will wait for the reviews I guess.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    For those who have suspicions this game will turn into Colonial Marines please allow this greatly written article to quell any feelings of distrust on behalf of Creative Assembly:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-1979-original

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm trying not to get excited for this because I don't want to be upset,..so I'm trying to avoid all videos/spoilers and such so nothing 'changes' when it's released like colonial marines.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    I'm very skeptical as alien games tend to be utter shite
    Aliens total conversion for Doom was the shit, but I know you're talking official, purpose-made ones

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I know this is an Alien thread but the Predator: Concrete Jungle was an EXTREMELY great game even though the general consensus thought it sucked. Yeah, sure it was difficult but the gameplay was spot on and really, really fun.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-17-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Aliens total conversion for Doom was the shit, but I know you're talking official, purpose-made ones
    I never played that but it did look cool. Doom is STILL the shit though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If any of you were a fan of Ridley Scott's original horror SciFi classic, Alien, then I tell you to get the game Alien: Isolation. It is a must own. It's among the most terrifying games I've ever played and fits the canon-accepted story to that movie. I was really surprised by how great this game was. Unfortunately, previous shitty incarnations of games in the franchise and its particularly saturated niche probably hurt its overall sales.

It's on sale for $11.99 on PSN or you can get the DLC collection bundle for $14.79 though 11am on Tuesday.

Prepare to have the shit scared out of you as you find yourself literally having to creep, sneak, hide, crawl and survive as you work your way through a massive space station as an xenomorph methodically chases and searches for you around every corner, nook and cranny. It's a super tough and challenging stealth game and one hell of a steal to get the entire bundle for less than $15. This was a lot of folks' Game of the Year for 2014.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ga...isolation-ps4/

Sent from my LG G4.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I guess they forgot about us PS3 folks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a damn fine game. I still need to do a Hard mode play through but if you've played it, you know there are some nerve-wrecking areas to get through. I can't imagine doing it on hard.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea i dont think i could get past the hive on hard mode. But would be worse are those fucking androids.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just a heads up, this title is currently on sale at Target for $5.98 for the PS4.

DPCI: 207-34-1058

use Brickseek.com to check local inventory levels.