Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dreams with Trent/NIN in them

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    its not a big deal, i just didnt see it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My first dream with Trent, yay, THE BACKGROUND WORLD is working! :-)

I was checking out some software for troubled children (what?), and there was this interview with Trent in it, and suddenly I was inside the interview (like, why not) and it was just Trent and me in my grandparents' house (they're not with us for years and even the house is different now), and suddenly I felt worried as I realized something and I looked at him carefully, he was younger with longer hair, and I was thinking "this is even before With Teeth", and asked slowly "What YEAR is it now?" and he was drunk and just laughing and not caring, and I focused on him and very clearly said "You will create AMAZING things. I promise you. I PROMISE, you will create amazing things. Just have to survive for that." And later also I was drunk and thinking about getting drunk again and more and how to hide it - not nice feeling to relive because I am some 1.5 years sober without cravings, and plan to remain that way.

Well, wow. And who knows, maybe it really happened, somewhere? ;-)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Dreamt I was singing pink floyd's 'wish you were here' to Trent, at a concert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Recently, I had a dream where Trent appeared on stage at a Linkin Park show, and sang the chorus of What I've Done with Chester.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the last time i had a dream with NIN in it was 10 years ago or so. In this last dream i woke up in my room and saw Trent stealing my songs. I was like 'o hai Trent! What are you doing?' And he just ran away. I think i scared him away, that's the reason why he never showed up in my dreams again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't believe in any psychic kind of stuff, but I did have two dreams about browsing through record store bins in this giant, open-street fair about a week before The Fragile reissue was announced and finding many, many copies in there. I must be c o n n e c t e d on a s p i r i t u a l l e v e l to the album lol. I also have had a dream where Nothing Records still existed and had branched out into film production and I was working as a gopher on some movie in a town I used to live in a few months before that. The entire dream was tinted green-yellow. It was very vivid. I hadn't been thinking much of NIN before that. It was well timed for this very welcome revival.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Dreamt last night that I downloaded a leak of the next EP. It was all very guitar driven. And it had live drums. And it was amazing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I also had a dream last night about the new EP dropping. All I remember is I couldn't get the site to work to go and listen, I just saw a Facebook post about new EP pre-order and tour info.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Last night I dreamt that I was at a show, and during the encore, Trent debuted “Driver Down.”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had a dream where Trent opened a live show with DIVE AND SLAM!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I had a dream where Trent opened a live show with DIVE AND SLAM!
    How did it sound?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I blame this thread for making me have NIN dreams. I was listening to the Dear World, The Lovers equivalent on the third EP. It sounded wonderful.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Had a dream a couple of weeks ago where Trent was fucking a car door.

Quite literally, his penis was in the hole under the car door handle. On the outside of the car.

No, I have no idea either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last nite me dreamed being on an older, very big container tank ship. A few ppl in a cabine that guided me to go over the open tank platform, all old big steel planks, rusty, light yellow and blue and with big bolts. I felt a bit fear first, and overwhelmed, but went on over the steel, rusty planks. Then through a bigsteel doorway into another container room. then there was TR, kinda capitain, and a few nice ppl. There seemed to be a holiday mood and some tasks to solve. All worked out fine.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A few nights ago, I dreamed there was a screening of a kind of "upcoming NIN stuff" film, almost like a quarterly report presentation for investors (?). Included were a music video from the latest Manson album (can't recall the song) featuring Mariqueen, and also Reznor announcing three new instruments from Folktek all designed by him. Limited edition, very expensive, and all sporting a small, engraved, metallic NIN logo like the one on the front of the Ghosts book.
    Also, every once in a while, I'll have a dream where there's a massive nin.com overhaul including new music clips, tour photos, and videos and pre-orders for ridiculous packages. These are often the types of dreams that are so real I can hear the music (usually heavy, sludgy, layered), see the artwork (dark blues, greens, umbers, unfocused), and remember titles, then I wake up, excited for the new NIN...only to have a really shitty day.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Had another "NIN announced something TIME TO PANIC" dream last night. This time, it was that a tour was announced for the US, but only like 10 stops. Closest one for me was Philly, but tickets for that show weren't on sale yet so I had to have the anxiety of "what if I can't get a ticket?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Had a dream where 1,000,000 was sang melodically (unless this really exists).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was at some weird festival, after taking my bike to have a tyre changed, I was in with a group of people at a pen right at the front of the stage.
    Music starts with 999,999 into 1,000,000, Trent was holding a mug, sung the first few lines badly and stopped the music.
    He fiddles around behind an amp, pulling out a percolator jar half filled with coffee, it had the NIN logo on the glass, he handed it to me.
    I took a sip and the coffee was full of rinds, I made a joke about it being chewing coffee, Trent joked about having another one for a spittoon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A non-instrumental version of Not What It Seems Like had surfaced; there was even an article on the song somewhere. According to said article, the lyrics were much darker than what the song's music would imply. There was also a YouTube upload of the song, and I managed to play it. The vocals were sung in a pretty low-key manner, but I don't remember any specific details now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tonight I dreamed that after doing the Bird Box soundtrack and lending his music for Black Mirror, Trent teamed again with Netflix launching a new live album that used the Bandersnatch technology to make the songs different every time you watched it, reflecting the varied setlists of the Cold and Black and Infinite tour. It was quite awesome, and then I woke up.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm sure if in the right mood and overall mindset, this might range from being either hilarious, awesome or even slightly chilling.

Anyway, since it was one of those dreams that were incredibly blurry and hard to remember, it'll at least be easy to remember the few things I can still remember as it includes me waking up from it.

For whatever reason, I saw what looked like white noise (Something similar to the white noise shown in Closure and Burning Bright (Field On Fire), combined with an overcast sky, as if a portal to another dimension opened up, as if it was The Presence from Year Zero. I was also hearing Somewhat Damaged on a loop, but slowed down and it basically sounded like Closer (Further Away), Erased Over, Out, and The Perfect Drug (The Orb).

I woke up from the chorus sounding like that, just right after "Too fucked up to care anymore!"

Interestingly enough, I think what triggered it was from me remembering a very slow cover of Somewhat Damaged I saw on YouTube, which was clearly done in jest. I can't find it right now, but it was a group of NIN fans singing Somewhat Damaged very slowly in unison as if they were a choir chanting in a cult-like fashion as if to summon something.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-14-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I had a dream last night that I was watching an instagram story with Trent, and he had to cut his own hair because of the quarantine and it turned out like a Beatles-style moptop.

That's it.

Sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't had many noteworthy NIN dreams since my first year or two on the nin.com forums, but last night I had one:

I was seeing a NIN show at some theater. I had a front-row seat near the far left of the stage. The show started out somewhat normally, with The Frail and The Wretched, but it turned into a show of weird instrumental stuff. It was somewhat jazz/folk/indie/ambient/classical, but bore little resemblance to NIN or even the TR&AR film scores. It bored the crap out of me to the point that I ran out of the venue because I had to pee really bad. Over the course of 40 minutes, I was able to run out of the city to find a not-crowded place to pee, then run back into the city and theater to get back to the show that was still going on. The music was quiet enough for me to ask a friend if I missed anything, and he suggested that it was more of the same stuff they were playing before I ran out (and were still playing after I ran back in). Eventually, they played Head Like A Hole (the last song before the encore, as usual), which was one of the only songs I was able to recognize at the show. My dreams can be random as fuck.

Since I'm here, I'll state that the above was not the only time I dreamed that NIN played a bad show. About a year or two ago, I dreamed that NIN was the opening act for Ariana Grande, of all people. The NIN set had bad sound quality (like a low-quality cellphone recording), and Trent appeared to have suddenly forgotten how to play guitar. What the actual fuck?

EDIT: After reading these other posts, it seems most people here have such normal dreams compared to mine (at least when it comes to NIN dreams). I had a few a long time ago (most not strictly NIN dreams, but still had NIN in there somewhere) that were pretty "out there", though my memory of them is a bit hazy.
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 04-09-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TR was in a series of nightmares last night. (Which ended with me getting shot at a railway station) I was working in a hospital, horror movie standard hospital. On the TV in one of the rooms was an X Factor style show, TR was a judge and cheesy as hell. Singing dialogue instead of speaking. Had really big 80's hair too.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I am going to relate, specifically, what little I recall of the dream I had last night. I remember one specific image and exchange...because it was nonsensical and hilarious.

Richard Patrick was talking to Trent, and they both looked like themselves circa 1991. Richard was holding a guitar. This is important.

I do not understand why - I do not understand any of this - but Richard was giving Trent pointers about being on tour and brushing off critics. And this is how he did it.

RP: "The thing you've gotta remember is to not take any shit. If anyone gives you shit, well, you just do this."

It is at this point that Richard Patrick reached into his pants, pulled out a comically large penis, and permitted it to fall over the strings of the guitar, emitting a loud distorted open chord.

"Got it?"

Close-up on Trent's face, looking confused, disturbed, and somewhat afraid.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I dreamt that I was backstage at a NIN show and listened to a CD of demos from Broken. There was a song called Broken and it sounded like an early version of March of the Pigs. It had the same beat but slowed way down to the tempo of Happiness in Slavery.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Last night I had a dream that I was at the Cleveland show, and it was in an amphitheater and there were only like 25 people to see them, and Trent and the band came out in elaborate robot costumes like imagine Daft Punk crossed with Judge Dredd, and there were robot dancers too. Since there were more people on stage than in the audience Trent left halfway through the first song because it was so embarrassing.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Last night I had a dream that I was at the Cleveland show, and it was in an amphitheater and there were only like 25 people to see them, and Trent and the band came out in elaborate robot costumes like imagine Daft Punk crossed with Judge Dredd, and there were robot dancers too. Since there were more people on stage than in the audience Trent left halfway through the first song because it was so embarrassing.
    And before you ask yes, Trent was robot dancing too.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    how do we make this happen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've had another dream about being at a NIN show. The first song the band played was "Wish" (with "Pinion" as the intro). After that one song, Trent suddenly disappeared into thin air while on stage, so I took matters into my own hands and ran to the stage to sing the next song, "Love Is Not Enough". After having forgotten a couple of lyrics (even though TR himself has done so on some songs) I promptly ran back to my seat after the song. Trent did not return to the stage.