9 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    An Australian cinematographer is doing some filming at a NIN show:

https://twitter.com/brawlster/status...989952/photo/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'Me I'm Not' on tonight's episode of Match of The Day Football program- BBC1! Just before the West Brom vs Man Utd game.

I watched Hangover 3 the other night and couldn't believe the use of 'Hurt' in there. Trent is sure getting about!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my friend randall is a writer over at Consequence of Sound and started putting together a new series called #reallife, where a group of writers each detail a real-life experience they had that is related to a song off an album.
    the first album they did was the smiths, and for their second album, they did the downward spiral.

though i know most of the people who wrote these, i can honestly say, without bias, that they're all fantastic. some of them are sexy, some of them are unsettling, and some of them are beautiful. (much like the song itself, "big man with a gun" was disturbing and extremely upsetting, but still excellent.)
    randall had actually asked me to write a piece for one of the b-sides (i was going to do either "dead souls" or "at the heart of it all"), but as i was sick all week and the deadline was last night at midnight, i wasn't able to do so.
    These are really cool, thanks for sharing. We had to do something like this in English class back in high school. I chose TDS but my teacher said the lyrical content wasn't acceptable.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    http://loudwire.com/rock-yearbook-photos-1/

Obviously the fact that this is being posted in NIN spotting is a clue, but you don't know which one!!

well, unless you read the hints.....

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    http://loudwire.com/rock-yearbook-photos-1/

Obviously the fact that this is being posted in NIN spotting is a clue, but you don't know which one!!

well, unless you read the hints.....
    There is far too much clicking involved! Very annoying w/ a laptop in bed. :-)

For the lazy: http://loudwire.com/rock-yearbook-photos-3/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    There is far too much clicking involved! Very annoying w/ a laptop in bed. :-)

For the lazy: http://loudwire.com/rock-yearbook-photos-3/
    Thank you — I gave up after just a few clicks. (One page for the question, another page for the answer? It’s like the ultimate page-view whore.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    There's also Trent's former friend Brian Warner in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    'Me I'm Not' on tonight's episode of Match of The Day Football program- BBC1! Just before the West Brom vs Man Utd game.
    Caught that too this morning. Little bit unexpected, haha.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    An Australian cinematographer is doing some filming at a NIN show:

https://twitter.com/brawlster/status...989952/photo/1
    Wow! I didn't expect to end up on John Brawley's Twitter when clicking on that link. Guys, that's amazing! John Brawley does amazing work, and those Blackmagic Cameras really produce absolutely lovely images. And it seems they were shooting with a bunch of cameras in 4K! Man, can't fucking wait to see that footage!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Wow! I didn't expect to end up on John Brawley's Twitter when clicking on that link. Guys, that's amazing! John Brawley does amazing work, and those Blackmagic Cameras really produce absolutely lovely images. And it seems they were shooting with a bunch of cameras in 4K! Man, can't fucking wait to see that footage!
    Well shit...Looks like I might be purchasing a 4k TV in the near future (or at least a 4k compatible PC monitor)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    He said that he was shooting with 4K, BMCC, "and more", which may mean something experimental or just the pocket cam. Either way, i wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a 4K release (because BMCC only does 2.5K), but i'm sure it will be awesome non the less.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    He said that he was shooting with 4K, BMCC, "and more", which may mean something experimental or just the pocket cam. Either way, i wouldn't get my hopes up too high for a 4K release (because BMCC only does 2.5K), but i'm sure it will be awesome non the less.
    Says he's got the Production 4K in the comments on Twitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TDS revisited in The Quietus http://thequietus.com/articles/14684...-spiral-review "sounds even more like the future 20 years later. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At about 24:30 in this Flight of the Conchords thing Peaches talks about TR going crazy at her SXSW show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Looked through the last couple of pages, didn't find any reference to this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1c...-17_shortfilms
    Around the 27 minute mark.
    “Jean-Michel Jarre is doing an album and he's collaborating with various people on this album: David Lynch, Trent Reznor, and I am one of them." According to John Carpenter, the album is “all electronic, very moody, very much like a score.”

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Looked through the last couple of pages, didn't find any reference to this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1c...-17_shortfilms
    Around the 27 minute mark.
    “Jean-Michel Jarre is doing an album and he's collaborating with various people on this album: David Lynch, Trent Reznor, and I am one of them." According to John Carpenter, the album is “all electronic, very moody, very much like a score.”
    Three of my favorite musicians on the same album? Color me excited!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbaymackey View Post
    At about 24:30 in this Flight of the Conchords thing Peaches talks about TR going crazy at her SXSW show.

"I don't know who she's talking about, but it's clearly someone famous." LMAO!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...iscovers-music

Well, it's not exactly NIN-spotting, and if the mods see fit to remove this post, go for it and there will be no hard feelings. It's the new Pono player that I'm sure most of you have heard of being pushed by Neil Young. It's basically a FLAC player to be released this Fall that you can get a discount on by pre-ordering through their kickstarter page. The reason for my posting here is that in the promo video, at the 8:12 mark, Justin Meldal-Johnson speaks for a bit about the quality of the format. He's there with Beck and the rest of his band. I personally haven't contributed yet, but I'm thinking I will. It's a little pricey and it's not like you can't get an MP3 player now that will play higher resolution FLAC files, but anything to further the distribution and popularization of higher quality music files is a good thing. I am kind of surprised NIN's not on the list of the 'signature series' artists, but I suppose that would be prohibited by Trent's contract with Beats.
    Last edited by thatguymark; 03-11-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Any idea why the footage was being shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trent was at one of the local "goth" shops in town today!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Three of my favorite musicians on the same album? Color me excited!
    Add in Gary Numan as well, he was working with JMJ a month or so ago.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Too bad it's JMJ though, I overdosed on his work in the 80ies, couldn't go anywhere, turn on any appliance without hearing his stuff... I know it's completely unfair of me, he's a talented artist and has certainly evolved a lot since I last heard his work, but the mere mention of his name... Ugh...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Too bad it's JMJ though, I overdosed on his work in the 80ies, couldn't go anywhere, turn on any appliance without hearing his stuff... I know it's completely unfair of me, he's a talented artist and has certainly evolved a lot since I last heard his work, but the mere mention of his name... Ugh...
    Mmh ? no he never went anywhere else than in the 80s .. looks like techno killed him, well at least in his home country, maybe he was rescued by other ppl but I never heard good about him since 80s.

But i'm really looking forward to tell that to my fellow french mates HA HA HA
    Last edited by ninjaw; 03-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    Trent was at one of the local "goth" shops in town today!
    Still haven't worked out what that sentence is supposed to say. And I don't think that's THE Trent? The band should be in Adelaide..

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    But i'm really looking forward to tell that to my fellow french mates HA HA HA
    If they're like me, they'll die a little inside.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    As much as I would like to, Dylan takes my vote. Nothing beats the Newport festival where he went electric IMO, or Hendrix burning his guitar.
    Also the laptops used by Skrillex and Girl Talk along side the other pieces on display seems a bit out of place. Give them at least 10 years before you go on display at any sort of Hall of Fame.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    As much as I would like to, Dylan takes my vote. Nothing beats the Newport festival where he went electric IMO, or Hendrix burning his guitar.
    Also the laptops used by Skrillex and Girl Talk along side the other pieces on display seems a bit out of place. Give them at least 10 years before you go on display at any sort of Hall of Fame.
    You an vote for ten.