Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,231 to 1,247 of 1247

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @allegro For fuck's sake, they certainly didn't start as "independent." Are you really trying to play that card on me? A guy who strongly supports feminism (evidence of which is available on this very message board)? It isn't going to work. How can you deny that being born into money gave them a launching pad and a safety net? This has become fucking crazy. If your goal was to make me regret posting? Mission accomplished.
    I believe that it may have been subliminal, but it's sexist, yes. It does not matter that they already HAD money; they actually DIDN'T have money; Kris Jenner was pretty broke, did not get SHIT in her divorce settlement from Robert Kardashian, and Bruce (nka Caitlyn) Jenner had to pay off all of Kris Jenner's bills, and then they K girls didn't get squat from their dad when he died, and that's been discussed in the show, ad infinitum. The K girls and Rob went to private schools, etc., while Kris and Robert were married, and then Bruce paid for everything while they were married, but Bruce wasn't a millionaire passing on money to the girls because he/she is notoriously CHEAP. The K girls opened a store with very little cash and a dream. The SHOW was pitched to E! and it became successful and the success of the show is what made them the money. Sure, Kourtney and Kim were making money from the initial two stores, but you act like two spoiled little cunts had money and squandered it on a cute little princess hobby and, yes, that's judgmental and from the female standpoint, that's sexist and sometimes people don't really know they are being sexist.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-18-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    I don't think they squandered anything. There's no denying they have made money.

Things I didn't think I would be doing when I woke up today....

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I don't think they squandered anything. There's no denying they have made money.
    Yes = They made money. Lots of it. Welcome to America.

No = They didn't already have money. That is incorrect. Their stepfather had money, and she is notoriously cheap.

Kris Jenner was / is the Producer of the E! TV show and she became the "Momager" and got of all that money, then shelled it out to the girls, hence when they started making more money (in addition to the Dash stores). A few of the girls later became co-Producers of the TV show.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-18-2016 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I believe that it may have been subliminal, but it's sexist, yes.

Bruce (nka Caitlyn)
    Bruce paid [...]
    Bruce wasn't [...]
    he/she is [...]

that's judgmental and from the female standpoint, that's sexist and sometimes people don't really know they are being sexist.
    I'd just like to interject that you pointed out sexism against women, then went on to call Caitlyn Bruce 3 times and "he/she", then brought it back to sexism again.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I'd just like to interject that you pointed out sexism against women, then went on to call Caitlyn Bruce 3 times and "he/she", then brought it back to sexism again.
    To be fair, as a giant Caitlyn Jenner fan who has not missed a single episode of the 2 seasons of "I Am Cait": Caitlyn was Bruce when the Robert/Kris Kardashian divorce happened as well as during the nearly all 9 seasons of KUWTK and even Caitlyn would say (has said on the show) that this is perfectly okay to reference the timeline in Bruce / Caitlyn terms because that's how it was in history and we can't really re-write history, and even Caitlyn has express lament in not wanting to just "throw Bruce away" in history. The Jenner and K kids still call Caitlyn "Dad" and she's okay with that. The times that I referred to Caitlyn as Bruce was when she was Bruce and first married Kris and paid for all of Kris' debt when she wanted to get out of the Kardashian marriage, and then later when Bruce and Kris were married (Bruce did not become Caitlyn until after the Jenner divorce). Since then, she is Caitlyn and always will be Caitlyn. Caitlyn was Bruce when s/he walked Kim down the aisle when Kim married Kanye; Caitlyn later quipped that now she gets to wear a lot less boring clothes. In a recent episode of KUWTK, Lamar Odom slipped and called Caitlyn "Bruce" a few times (Lamar had been away from the family and then in the hospital for a long time and it was the first time he met Caitlyn), and Caityln didn't care. Changing your gender after 9 seasons of KUWTK and referencing the original genders and names of one of the main people in the show as it was in history is not disrespecting that person, it's simply recounting history as it was at that time.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-18-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Taylor's lesson on how to play the victim being taken to heart. Lmfaooo

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Oh hell. Taylor Swift is a liar who was exposed as one. Owe up to what you've done Taylor and move on. Bigger things are happening in the world right now.

In the last few days I've been far more angered about that Playboy playmate who body shamed another woman who was going to the same gym she was by posting her naked picture on Snapchat with a look of disgust on her face.

The responses to this gave me back a little hope in humanity as everyone blasted that idiot and defended the poor woman.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Oh hell. Taylor Swift is a liar who was exposed as one. Owe up to what you've done Taylor and move on. Bigger things are happening in the world right now.

In the last few days I've been far more angered about that Playboy playmate who body shamed another woman who was going to the same gym she was by posting her naked picture on Snapchat with a look of disgust on her face.

The responses to this gave me back a little hope in humanity as everyone blasted that idiot and defended the poor woman.
    Yeah, I totally agree, that was really horrifying and she deserves whatever shit she gets for that awful behavior.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's getting nasty on here lately.

http://gizmodo.com/experts-kanye-and...-ta-1783864863

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Heh, well, yeah, that is also a problem. One should always inform the other that they are being recorded, unless it is industry knowledge that the person is always recording everything in the studio but then the person would have to be able to PROVE that it's industry knowledge. And I don't grok Taylor Swift's argument that she had to "hear" a song before approving it; I don't think he was even asking for her approval, he was just informing of her in advance, as a courtesy, but mentioning a famous person in a song (or even saying she's a bitch whom he "made famous") isn't illegal or even necessarily grounds for civil suit. But this is the person who copyrighted her name and "This Sick Beat" on shirts, so she is protecting her brand with everything she's got. She has more money than God right now, so she's probably gonna throw a lot of it around, too, heh.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-18-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Can't we just have both parties killed? They're nothing more than just waste of space. Taylor is a succubus and Kanye is an insecure egomaniac with delusions of grandeur.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Taylor is a succubus
    Okay come on, I just nearly spit Diet Coke through my nose ...

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...-kanye/491693/

Objecting to the word is a savvy move for her. It shifts the narrative away from one about her own honesty and toward a topic she feels more comfortable with: feminism. This was also the initial maneuver she used against the “Famous” lyrics, using her Grammys Album of the Year acceptance speech to “say to all the young women out there: There are going to be people along the way who will try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame.” But it is also a tactic—or, hey, maybe even an honest response—that has backfired, as when she blasted Nicki Minaj for seeming to “pit women against each other” when Minaj made a race-based complaint about music awards.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I always think it's strange when I see someone ranting against a certain celebrity, completely unaware that their own rant is just more fuel for the hype train.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I always think it's strange when I see someone ranting against a certain celebrity, completely unaware that their own rant is just more fuel
    But maybe the topic is bigger than we realize.

Edit: I think this is a really good article on the topic.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-18-2016 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Selena Gomez dismissing BLM is disappointing.