Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Read some of Mickey Rooney's obituaries today and noticed none of them mentioned his yellow face character in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Fuck him

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Read some of Mickey Rooney's obituaries today and noticed none of them mentioned his yellow face character in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Fuck him
    Fuck him for a racially insensitive character in 1961? That's a little much isnt it?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Because obituaries should always include things that the deceased did over 50 years ago that are wrong by today's standards, right?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    A lot of you have probably heard about the Bryan Singer controversy that's come up over the last few days. Here's some good news for once about a director's sex allegations.

HONOLULU (AP) — Credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show that "X-Men" franchise director Bryan Singer was not in Hawaii when a lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year-old on the islands, a defense attorney said Friday.

Singer was mainly in Toronto working on the first "X-Men" movie from August through October 1999, defense attorney Marty Singer told The Associated Press.

A lawsuit filed by a former child model, Michael Egan III, says Bryan Singer abused him several times over those three months as well as earlier in California as part of a Hollywood sex ring led by another man convicted of luring minors across state lines for sex.

"This was Bryan's first studio film," Marty Singer said. "Clearly, he's not going to take a break in the middle of this movie while you're shooting and prepping it to go to Hawaii."

Egan's lawyer, Jeff Herman, did not immediately respond to phone calls seeking comment.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Because obituaries should always include things that the deceased did over 50 years ago that are wrong by today's standards, right?
    No, because Breakfast at Tiffany's is considered a Hollywood classic. It's weird they would leave it off, but they did because of his stupid character.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/...l?cid=38569780
    Coming back from an enjoyable beach trip only to find out one of your favorite artists is dead fucking sucks. By far, his artwork has been the most captivating I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    By far, his artwork has been the most captivating I've ever seen.
    You should check out Zdzislaw Beksinski.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    You should check out Zdzislaw Beksinski.
    Trust me, I have.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fucking hell - Rik Mayall has died. Absolute British comic genius. We're going to watch the Comic Strip: Mr Jolly Lives Next Door (co-starring Peter Cook) as a tribute tonight. And maybe a few episodes of Bottom

http://news.sky.com/story/1278803/ri...r-dies-aged-56

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Fucking hell - Rik Mayall has died. Absolute British comic genius. We're going to watch the Comic Strip: Mr Jolly Lives Next Door (co-starring Peter Cook) as a tribute tonight. And maybe a few episodes of Bottom

That is really a shock. Loved Comic Strip and Bottom. RIP

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

We'll miss you, Lord Flashheart...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I only know Mayall for Drop Dead Fred. It's a silly film but he was hilarious. I'll miss that guy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I only know Mayall for Drop Dead Fred.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Best tribute quote ever

Actor and long-time friend Adrian Edmondson said of Rik Mayall: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish b*****d."

https://twitter.com/rikmayall
    Last edited by miss k bee; 06-09-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Was absolutely gobsmacked by this. Managed to see him live 3 times in his career - two Bottoms, and a rare stand up tour (per Bottom). Possibly my favourite work of his was a one off epsiode in Rik Mayall Presents - Dancing Queen, where he plays a toff about to get married, who gets stranded in Scarborough, 100's of miles from the wedding venue on the day of his wedding, and ends up being looked after by Helena Bonham Carter (his stripper at the previous nights stag do). Beautiful piece of work, which I only rewatched about a month ago. Will be sorely missed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ryuichi Sakamoto has throat cancer
    http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...throat-cancer/

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tim Alexander has suffered a heart attack and will undergo open heart-surgery in a couple of days.
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pri...-heart-attack/

I hope everything goes well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Remember when I said in the Dead Souls thread that the battle for Casey Kasem's estate had only begun with his death? Well, I hate being right.

Casey Kasem's body is missing from the funeral home

The theory is that his wife removed it before the order to the funeral home to keep it for autopsy could be delivered. Even more bizarre, his wife can't be located.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    She would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    She would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
    OMG I JUST watched that Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys episode last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...dway-show.html

What a lad - this guy just gets better and better

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Nice shirt.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    *EDIT* Nevermind, I didn't see the dead souls thread....
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-11-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    RIP Robin Williams...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    RIP Robin Williams...
    Shocked me big time! I know he has been having some hard times but I didn't think they were that bad. Lots of people, including my best friend, talk shit about his comedy and acting roles but I enjoy a great majority of them. I'm really, really surprised and not in a good way. This is the first time a celebrity's death has actually made me feel bad, legit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's very few celebrities that would effect me. Robin was one of them. He's easily one of the funniest, most entertaining people, ever. A huge loss to everyone. I grew up watching his movies. A huge part of my upbringing. He was one of the elite with guys like Jerry Lewis. There will never be another one like him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, this whole Robin Williams thing just bothers me, I'm usually indifferent when a celebrity dies. Really the whole concept of suicide I will never, ever understand, except in the cases of painful terminal illnesses.

That's just me though, I get depressed but never that badly.