Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Saw that this afternoon. Christ, that's too much work.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    She sounds like Michael Jackson saying that people change as they get older. I think the surgery had something to do with it love.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    She looks better. Her chipmunk cheeks were probably limiting her roles. The only thing that looks different is she's lost weight and her chipmunk cheeks have been removed. Bfd. It's nice for us to sit back and say we liked those chipmunk cheeks but we're not the ones sitting at home wondering how we're gonna pay the bills. Hollywood is brutal.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah... I think she looks way better now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    She looks like a completely different person.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    She looks like a completely different person.
    That's what I think too. I'm not convinced it's due to cosmetic surgery (and if it is, it's her right to have everything she feels she needs to have done done); I think it's the combination of aging and losing the baby fat she has been carrying all her adult life.

I liked the chipmunk cheeks; it was sort of her trademark, like Streisand and her nose.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't think she looks as completely different as Kenny Rogers, or Jennifer Grey, or Kim Novak.

Or Kylie Jenner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, no one I showed the pic to had any idea who it was (one guessed Laura Dern).. Depending on how different she looks on camera, she might get even less work now. It's sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i didn't know she had blue eyes until now.

http://wgntv.com/2014/10/22/renee-ze...bout-her-face/

this looks like her cheeks are about the same and her eyes are the only thing that are different, like they removed a lot of confining skin. You sometimes actually have to have that done for MEDICAL REASONS because it can impede your vision (my mom might have to have it done soon).

SHE seems to be really happy with her new look. Jess Seinfeld has been on Instagram defending her, saying Renee is a great person and sends cookies for every birthday.

See also: http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/histo...=twitter_nymag

Axl Rose looks WAY worse
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Random Celebrity Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't think she looks as completely different as Kenny Rogers, or Jennifer Grey, or Kim Novak.

Or Kylie Jenner.
    I think Jennifer Grey. It's her eyes that have been changed so she doesn't look like the Renee we all recognize. Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't think this will help her career. I read somewhere that she had been passed over for a lot of roles. Probably thought she had to do something. I feel bad for the press she's getting for it since it doesn't seem that positive which can't possibly help to get more roles. It's tough to get old, but you just have to reinvent yourself and not try to continue to be the ingenue.
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-23-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I think Jennifer Grey. It's her eyes that have been changed so she doesn't look like the Renee we all recognize. Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't think this will help her career. I read somewhere that she had been passed over for a lot of roles. Probably thought she had to do something. I feel bad for the press she's getting for it since it doesn't seem that positive which can't possibly help to get more roles. It's tough to get old, but you just have to reinvent yourself and not try to continue to be the ingenue.
    Well, but she's hired for her •acting*, right? I guess already has a new movie coming out in 2015. We'll see. As I said, she may have had the eye thing done for vision reasons, not just for Hollywood reasons.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Axl Rose looks WAY worse
    Haha, wow. What was the meme? "You know where you are? You're in the kitchen baby."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^^ Those rings are quite large. What does that mean? It's like Elvis or something.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    ^^^^ Those rings are quite large. What does that mean? It's like Elvis or something.
    He puts his weed in there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.jackbruce.com/
    RIP Jack Bruce

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awww. Fantastic musician.

RIP

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ugh... people can be so malicious.

Jian Ghomeshi (you may have seen his interview with Trent Reznor on a program called Q) a renowned journalist here in Canada was just fired from his job at CBC and here's what he had to say...

It's a bit of a doozy.

https://www.facebook.com/jianghomesh...52357063881750
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-26-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Jian Ghomeshi (you may have seen his interview with Trent Reznor on a program called Q) a renowned journalist here in Canada was just fired from his job at CBC and here's what he had to say...

It's a bit of a doozy.

Heard about this. This whole thing is fucked up. Can't believe CBC would fire someone on those grounds. I'm not 100% sure but I'm certain it's illegal to fire someone for being into BDSM.

Here is the interview for those who are interested:

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

It's a bit of a doozy.

I've listened to Q a bunch of times. Good stuff. The story sounds messed up.

EDIT: Yeesh, there is a lot more to the story.

Question to a Canadian. Are there not rape shield laws up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Star
    When asked why by the Star, the women cited several reasons including fears that a police report would expose their names
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-27-2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Read article posted by @botley

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Um, there's a LOT more to this than what the press or Jian himself are currently reporting. Strap yourselves in.

EDIT: here's the tip of the iceberg http://t.co/cXXT3lsZlQ
    Last edited by botley; 10-26-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So you're saying there's more than just that? Great.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What Jian wrote seemed pretty solid and i can totally believe something like that can happen the way he says it did, i mean i don't speak from experience but i know people who have gone through that type of calculated attack maybe not exactly but similar tactics, it kind of hits close to home but of course i can also believe the flipside to that and Jian could very well be the calculated one.

This is a tough one... It's easy to believe for me because i can relate to it by way of extension but hell what does anyone know that doesn't know him or those that made the allegations personally.

I just hate anyone who'll flip the script to appear as a victim that's my "knee-jerk" reaction anyways.

EDIT: It can go either way though which is something i think people should remember and not pick sides based on sexist beliefs.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-27-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Random Celebrity Headlines

You want a reasoned response based on evidence? Okay: this stinks to high heaven and Ghomeshi is spinning it to his advantage with a high-priced PR factory.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Evidence? I wouldn't really say that based on that write up, points out some discrepancies to think about... sure and PR? that could be the case or to me he's presented himself to be a rather well spoken dude... couldn't he have just typed all of that up in Word and copied it over? It's much easier than typing in that text area on Facebook that's for sure.

Also when someone says they know who X person is on some blog, it's kind of hard to believe without seeing pictures of them together at least.

To be honest any write up at this point won't convince me of much without something more substantial but whatever i read on Jian's page like i said whether it's true or not it's definitely something i can relate to in a way.. it certainly makes me want to think better of the situation.

If he is the way the women claim him to be then there's bound to be more who speak up, if they all start coming out of the woodwork there might be something there.

Someone who is this way is only going to leave a trail and it isn't going to be just four people...

Would he ever show his true colors to any celebrities he's interviewed or worked with? doubtful but some have started to post their thoughts on the matter for whatever it's worth here's a bit from LIGHTS - https://www.facebook.com/lights/posts/10152780986716328

I'll say there could be something with that Carla article though, that more than anything definitely has me thinking.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-27-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I hate how BDSM has been implicated in SO MANY of these stories lately.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I hate how BDSM has been implicated in SO MANY of these stories lately.
    Yep. With the 50 Shades craze going on, there's been a steady increase of these kinds of implications too. There was a story out of Michigan about a man who had his wife killed that was part of his local kinky community and they focused more on that than anything else. It's bad enough that you're in a flyover state and part of such a quirky minority to begin with, to have the eye of the media on you like that kind of pisses me off.

It makes me 5,000 shades of pissed off.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    http://msmagazine.com/blog/2014/10/2...out-rough-sex/

Net: keep critical thinking/reading about this story.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Um, there's a LOT more to this than what the press or Jian himself are currently reporting. Strap yourselves in.

EDIT: here's the tip of the iceberg http://t.co/cXXT3lsZlQ
    https://www.greenparty.ca/en/blog/20...-jian-ghomeshi
    Elizabeth May's response, thought you might be interested.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)