Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1615

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,034
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Um, Takei is constantly using social media to virtue signal. He fits the pattern very well, like Joss Whedon.

    The only celeb that comes to mind that isn't a douchebag like this is maybe Keanu Reeves.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,034
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Jesus christ that story though. Did he seriously give someone roofies and then rape them? Am I reading that right?


    His sanctimonious shaming of Spacey for abusing his power is just amazing.

    Maybe Takei will come out as a straight man now. Oh myyyyy. (Sorry I had to. This stuff is all so fucking gross)

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,646
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    And now added to the list. Disgraced FIFA president and co-founder Sepp Blatter: https://sports.yahoo.com/hope-solo-a...204752918.html

    This one isn't much of a surprise since he is a scumbag.

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,034
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone founder, Jann Wenner, offering work in return for sex: https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...os/jann-wenner

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,646
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Rolling Stone founder, Jann Wenner, offering work in return for sex: https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...os/jann-wenner
    I guess there's more reason to use that magazine as toilet paper.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don’t see anything posted on here or by friends on FB or whatever to be “ugh” because it’s obviously a genuine concern that is all the time, not just at specific opportunities; women really do need men’s support in the workplace for this shit to no longer be accepted. We will all continue to fight, either way, there’s safety and power in numbers. When you do and say things at work to thwart harassment, it MATTERS. It’s important.

    But I think what @Volband was talking about was that specific Twitter link to a famous guy and @Volband said said that guy is playing “White Knight” to the world of (anonymous to him) women and that seemed disingenuous, and I saw what he meant. @Volband has been supportive here in his attitudes, as you have, but we are a kind of anonymous “family,” here, and it’s really great having your support. But I think @Volband had a valid point about bewaring or wondering about the Twitter White Knights, people on Twitter aren’t always very genuine.

    Social Media can be a great platform, it can be a creepy platform, and even scary. This is a message forum, and that type of online media way predates Social Media.

    I apologize if members here think that I meant people here. I was referring to a Tweet and Twitter.

    Re The View, I mostly get a kick out of Joy Behar, she HATES Trump — more than anybody I see on TV, more than ME, even — and we watch it most days during breakfast; it doesn’t mean I agree with everything, sometimes I agree with Meghan McCain, LOL. I stopped watching for years because of Simone and Cameron Bure and some others. This current panel is balanced. Although, I don’t like Sunny Hosten, at all (too Catholic Church with everything). Whoopie provides a different perspective as a black woman from a different generation. The View is now mostly a Liberal echo chamber but ... I like that lol.
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with defending anybody, who is is clearly not enjoying any of the shit being thrown at them. As long as you can recognize and separate banter from any form of harassment, you are good to go. Though when mysogynists or racists talk at my workplace, I just lay low; they don't hurt anybody right there and then, and I sure as hell don't want to confront some of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

    But you see, what that disgusting white-knight wrote in his twitter post is nothing more than disingenuous PR talk. "Trust women" is one of the dumbest sentence you can utter, and it remains just as dumb if you exchange women for men. It has nothing to do with trusting women, and everything to do with trusting reliable sources.

    In fact, that prick actually hurts and derogates women, and any girl with a sense of dignity* would laugh and say "fuck off" to him. If I were a woman (though the same sentence could be said for every gender), I'd like to be addressed as a normal person, and not some handicapped toddler. Don't fucking condescend to me by telling others what to do with me. I would not want anyone to trust my words just because I have a vagina. I would want people to listen to me as they would listen to anyone else, and decide themselves if they believeí me or not. Everyone would be more than welcome to help me out, but not by pointing out my genitals, which has nothing to do with being a reliable source, but by strenghtening my arguments, backing me up with useful facts.

    *I could understand how some desperate women would fall for phony people like this scum. He is basically trying to win over people by giving them some candy that looks really delicious from the outside, but absolutely rotten inside. If you want to be on a pedestal, then eat his words up. If you want us to be equal, then laugh just laugh at idiots like him.

    theimage13: Yes, not only thiy guy is fake af, it is also not a good way to net that pussy he is looking for. He might get them as voters, but girls prefer guys with an actual backbone. You know, when your forced personality revoles around "WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. I LOVE WOMEN. WOMEN ARE SO SMART AND AWESOME. WOOOOO!!", it can be quite repelling and boring. The thing with being a nice guy is that you never try to sell yourself as one. People will notice, and that should be enough. You don't bark at waiters, you don't force down your opinion on others, you don't throw hissy fits and you can treat women equally without the need to tell them that you are in fact treating them equally - which in turn would result in the exact opposite. When nice guys complain about "girls liking jerks", there is always more to those stories. If your grand plan in wooing a chick is to figuratively lick her ass, then you immidietly strip yourself from any personality traits she might've found appealing otherwise.

    You should watch Black Mirror s02 e01. It is about a woman, who loses his husband, but gets to rebuild him as a total lookalike "robot" with all the information about him being downloaded from his social accounts, so the doppelganger behaves as him. There is a scene that pretty much sums up everything I've been talking about in this post.
    https://youtu.be/4yUPyjdVyds?t=40m25s

    Now why would any self-respecting person would want to live with someone like this? It's boring, it's fake, it's "trust women", it's uhhh.

    allegro: hahaha, understandable about The View. We all have our guilty pleasures. Too bad Hollywood took another spin of that expression.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-11-2017 at 05:54 AM.

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,428
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Andrew Kreisberg, producer of the dc tv shows, has been accused by 14 women and 4 men of sexual misconduct.

    As a fan of the flash tv show I️ feel pissed. Fuck man.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,485
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Ironic in a sad way, since his son is one of Spacey's accusers...

    Richard Dreyfuss

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,099
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Ironic in a sad way, since his son is one of Spacey's accusers...

    Richard Dreyfuss
    Maybe an algorithm needs to be adjusted? Surely this wasn't intentional.


  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,786
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    At this point it feels like ths should have its own thread with a running list at the top of all the names...it's so hard to keep up :/

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,485
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I can't believe it...I really can't. Next up... George Takei
    Takei has fully disputed the claim.

    Friends,
    I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Brunton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.
    The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not outof the moment.
    Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.
    Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times.
    Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us.
    Yours in gratitude,
    George

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Exactly. There is nothing wrong with defending anybody, who is is clearly not enjoying any of the shit being thrown at them. As long as you can recognize and separate banter from any form of harassment, you are good to go. Though when mysogynists or racists talk at my workplace, I just lay low; they don't hurt anybody right there and then, and I sure as hell don't want to confront some of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.

    But you see, what that disgusting white-knight wrote in his twitter post is nothing more than disingenuous PR talk. "Trust women" is one of the dumbest sentence you can utter, and it remains just as dumb if you exchange women for men. It has nothing to do with trusting women, and everything to do with trusting reliable sources.

    In fact, that prick actually hurts and derogates women, and any girl with a sense of dignity* would laugh and say "fuck off" to him. If I were a woman (though the same sentence could be said for every gender), I'd like to be addressed as a normal person, and not some handicapped toddler. Don't fucking condescend to me by telling others what to do with me. I would not want anyone to trust my words just because I have a vagina. I would want people to listen to me as they would listen to anyone else, and decide themselves if they believeí me or not. Everyone would be more than welcome to help me out, but not by pointing out my genitals, which has nothing to do with being a reliable source, but by strenghtening my arguments, backing me up with useful facts.

    *I could understand how some desperate women would fall for phony people like this scum. He is basically trying to win over people by giving them some candy that looks really delicious from the outside, but absolutely rotten inside. If you want to be on a pedestal, then eat his words up. If you want us to be equal, then laugh just laugh at idiots like him.

    theimage13: Yes, not only thiy guy is fake af, it is also not a good way to net that pussy he is looking for. He might get them as voters, but girls prefer guys with an actual backbone. You know, when your forced personality revoles around "WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. I LOVE WOMEN. WOMEN ARE SO SMART AND AWESOME. WOOOOO!!", it can be quite repelling and boring. The thing with being a nice guy is that you never try to sell yourself as one. People will notice, and that should be enough. You don't bark at waiters, you don't force down your opinion on others, you don't throw hissy fits and you can treat women equally without the need to tell them that you are in fact treating them equally - which in turn would result in the exact opposite. When nice guys complain about "girls liking jerks", there is always more to those stories. If your grand plan in wooing a chick is to figuratively lick her ass, then you immidietly strip yourself from any personality traits she might've found appealing otherwise.

    You should watch Black Mirror s02 e01. It is about a woman, who loses his husband, but gets to rebuild him as a total lookalike "robot" with all the information about him being downloaded from his social accounts, so the doppelganger behaves as him. There is a scene that pretty much sums up everything I've been talking about in this post.
    https://youtu.be/4yUPyjdVyds?t=40m25s

    Now why would any self-respecting person would want to live with someone like this? It's boring, it's fake, it's "trust women", it's uhhh.
    I don't understand why you're rambling on and on about this guy just for saying "trust women." What exactly is the issue here?

    Women have been saying that since forever, because for years the default mindset for most people (especially men) has been the OPPOSITE. A woman comes forward to tell people that she was sexually assaulted, and the general response was just equivocating cowardly bullshit like: "Well, IF that really is true, fine, I agree that's terrible, but honestly, we shouldn't jump to conclusions because, after all, women lie too ya know. It's not like women are perfect. In fact, that attitude is just another kind of sexism! Plus the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. So, for now let's just assume this woman is a liar by default until I see irrefutable proof to the contrary." The pervasiveness of this mentality has resulted in a culture that, by default, doesn't give a shit about what happens to women. It's half the reason sexual assault is so under-reported. "What's the point? No one will believe me anyway."

    The whole attitude needs to change, which is why women have been saying some variation of "start believing women" "trust women" for so long. The default reaction needs to stop being "You're a liar until proven otherwise."

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At Lunch
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    That’s really true. I had no problem with the Twitter guy “trust women” comment, in itself, wasn’t offended by it, didn’t see it as degrading or disempowering women etc. I don’t know that it’s chivalry, although there’s nothing wrong with chivalry.

    But it’s BECAUSE women haven’t been trusted (or have been igonored) in these matters for so long that when a celebrity says that to his masses, I tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to not trust him, wondering his motives (or if he’s the next one in line on the abuser chopping block). It’s an anxiety based on that general mistrust that society has exhibited about these issues.

    I follow Anthony Bourdain on Twitter and he’s been posting a LOT about these assholes but Bourdain’s GF is Asia Argento and he’s feeling her pain; he admits that he worked in the restaurant business that was FULL of sexual harassment. I follow Ronan Farrow who wrote the New Yorker piece, and he admits that he ignored his own sister’s abuse (by his father) for years and feels bad about that, so much of his motivation for this piece was to give these victims a voice.

    A male voice, because another female voice probably wouldn’t have had the same impact. That’s part of what’s so screwed up about all this, but it’s reality.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-11-2017 at 11:54 AM.

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Legally in most states, it's not sexual assault (requires actual physical contact)* but, that aside, isn't he saying that it's kinda WORSE that he USED his position of power and the knowledge of same (that these people admired him) to do it? It's like he's saying that the combo of his position of power and that "audience" was WHY he did it, like the masturbating in front of them COMBINED WITH that position of power is the whole power-fuckery to him? (To MOST: That’s exactly HOW harassment happens.)

    Sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual misconduct ... NONE of them are REALLY about "sex" and are EVERYTHING about power.

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ual-harassment

    *Most sources are referring to it as sexual misconduct.
    You are sayng none of these activities are based on sexual excitement/thrill/pleasure? I can attest to that not being true.

    I think the victim would feel it as a loss of power. a definite violation of freedom, self-ownership... it's definitely about power from the victim's side.. but the perpetrator could have many reasons for engaging in sexual misconduct. There's a good book called PERV, by Jesse Bering. subtitle: the sexual deviant in all of us
    Last edited by cashpiles; 11-11-2017 at 12:36 PM.

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At Lunch
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I can attest to that not being true.
    Of course you would.

  16. #1576
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I don't understand why you're rambling on and on about this guy just for saying "trust women." What exactly is the issue here?

    Women have been saying that since forever, because for years the default mindset for most people (especially men) has been the OPPOSITE. A woman comes forward to tell people that she was sexually assaulted, and the general response was just equivocating cowardly bullshit like: "Well, IF that really is true, fine, I agree that's terrible, but honestly, we shouldn't jump to conclusions because, after all, women lie too ya know. It's not like women are perfect. In fact, that attitude is just another kind of sexism! Plus the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. So, for now let's just assume this woman is a liar by default until I see irrefutable proof to the contrary." The pervasiveness of this mentality has resulted in a culture that, by default, doesn't give a shit about what happens to women. It's half the reason sexual assault is so under-reported. "What's the point? No one will believe me anyway."

    The whole attitude needs to change, which is why women have been saying some variation of "start believing women" "trust women" for so long. The default reaction needs to stop being "You're a liar until proven otherwise."
    His tweet implies that on 1 on 1 accusations, we should trust the women, because they are women. Giving a shit and immidietly assume that women are saying the truth are not the same. If he wants to say the former, then word it accordingly.

  17. #1577
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,034
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

    Random Celebrity Headlines

    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Takei has fully disputed the claim.

    But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.
    Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times.
    Well that's hard to believe considering some of the things he has said and done in recorded interviews. There was the classic Howard Stern interview and, I believe, something very recent.
    We have:
    - him saying it wasn't an issue that an adult took advantage of him when he was 13, because he thought the guy was attractive
    - him admitting to grabbing dicks without consent because some people are shy
    - him jerking off a nervous dude, on camera, while explaining that Brad isn't watching

  18. #1578
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Well that's hard to believe considering some of the things he has said and done in recorded interviews. There was the classic Howard Stern interview and, I believe, something very recent.
    We have:
    - him saying it wasn't an issue that an adult took advantage of him when he was 13, because he thought the guy was attractive
    - him admitting to grabbing dicks without consent because some people are shy
    - him jerking off a nervous dude, on camera, while explaining that Brad isn't watching
    I just googled and watched the last one. What. The. Living. Fuck.

    So, is that funny and okay because he's gay? Seems like there were some issues before that allegation as well.

    edit: ok, read about the context. still fucked up, but... better, I suppose.
    Last edited by Volband; 11-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.

  19. #1579
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Anthony Edwards says he was molested, as a child, by producer Gary Goddard.

    Of course Goddard denies it. But Goddard was one of the men accused alongside Bryan Singer in 2014. The suit was later dropped.

  20. #1580
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    His tweet implies that on 1 on 1 accusations, we should trust the women, because they are women.
    Uh, no, his statement very clearly stated that he was referring to the FOUR women who came out against Roy Moore, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "1 on 1 accusations" thing from. There's nothing wrong with what that tweet. He's 100% right: all of those women who have spoken out against Roy Moore should be trusted.

  21. #1581
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Anthony Edwards says he was molested, as a child, by producer Gary Goddard.

    Of course Goddard denies it. But Goddard was one of the men accused alongside Bryan Singer in 2014. The suit was later dropped.
    Not that it matters, but I believe Anthony. Besides, it would be extremely evil to make up such a claim.

  22. #1582
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    You are sayng none of these activities are based on sexual excitement/thrill/pleasure?
    I think it's impossible to draw a clean line between the power dynamics and the sexual excitement because the power trip IS the very thing that they get off to. Saying that they didn't do it for the power but simply for the sexual thrill is like arguing over what came first, the chicken or the egg.

  23. #1583
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At Lunch
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Uh, no, his statement very clearly stated that he was referring to the FOUR women who came out against Roy Moore, so I'm not sure where you're getting this "1 on 1 accusations" thing from. There's nothing wrong with what that tweet. He's 100% right: all of those women who have spoken out against Roy Moore should be trusted.
    Is THAT what he was talking about, specifically? Well, then, in that case, fuck yeah!!! The evidence against Moore is too strong to discount.

    This guy, wtf: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bf43f3c240f0

  24. #1584
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)


    Oh. Okay then.

  25. #1585
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,034
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

    Random Celebrity Headlines

    Yeah, that's another example.

    I really overestimated the likelihood of people defending Louis CK. I should have put my money on George Takei. The things people are saying in his defense are kinda fucked.

    "The accuser just wants his 15min of fame"

    "George probably just got mixed signals" (from the guy passed out)

    Etc

  26. #1586
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    875
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    He is a popular figure in our internet generation. Gay, sassy, outspoken and hates Trump? You can't even manufacture someone more likeable in this age and day for those who agree with his views. So if he turns out to be a hypocrite, then you, a follower might feel threatened that it will taint everything he stood up for. Maybe if Takei will fall from grace, then suddenly gay acceptance will be hindered or something.

    I am indifferent about the guy, because if someone uses his sexuality to identify him- or herself, then I immediately lose interest in everything he or she might preach. There were a few gay personalities I had to stop following or watching, because as time went on, all their videos revolved around "I LOVE COCKS XDDD IM A GUY XDDD" - amazing, but I don't really care.

  27. #1587
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I think it's impossible to draw a clean line between the power dynamics and the sexual excitement because the power trip IS the very thing that they get off to. Saying that they didn't do it for the power but simply for the sexual thrill is like arguing over what came first, the chicken or the egg.
    I'm sure for some people, the power trip is what they get off to sexually.... however for some people it's just pure sexual excitement or something else other than power. The best way to know is to ask the perpetrators directly. You will see interviews where perpetrators mention power as the motivating factor. But not all of them. Some point to the sexual thrill.

  28. #1588
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At Lunch
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    We didn’t bring up “why” as a point of discussion, it would drift this thread too much and get into the deep weeds of law and psychology. It was only brought up because somebody complained about the wording of Louie CK’s apology letter. In any of these situations, if the power did not exist then the “sexual thrill” would not occur. Put Louie CK in a room full of drunk MMA fighters and tell him to jack off for the “sexual thrill.”

  29. #1589
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,042
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    It's utterly amazing to me that this lily-livered piece of self-puffery is still being framed as an "apology", as if it contained a shred of atonement in any way for his previous repeated denials and dismissal of his responsibilities, rather than painting himself as the "real" sufferer and worthy of sympathy for feeling bad about his awful behaviour (oh yeah he even asked them if it was okay to wilfully ignore all sense of propriety or power dynamic, as if somehow merely asking fucking dissolves everything — oh and lest we forget how much he's admired).

  30. #1590
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    At Lunch
    Posts
    9,303
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's utterly amazing to me that this lily-livered piece of self-puffery is still being framed as an "apology", as if it contained a shred of atonement in any way for his previous repeated denials and dismissal of his responsibilities, rather than painting himself as the "real" sufferer and worthy of sympathy for feeling bad about his awful behaviour (oh yeah he even asked them if it was okay to wilfully ignore all sense of propriety or power dynamic, as if somehow merely asking fucking dissolves everything — oh and lest we forget how much he's admired).
    Again, I don't think that ANY apology will be adequate from somebody like this. I didn't read his apology statement as the disingenuous egotistical puffery that you did, I don't know why that is, could be lots of reasons ranging from my being female to my being in law and seeing "apologies" all the time, but one big thing I DO know is that the vast majority of people who do this shit don't KNOW "why" they did it. Only a professional could really get to the source of "why."

    Just like my ex-husband, found guilty of a misdemeanor (violating an Order of Protection) was "sentenced" to a year of mandatory counseling. Because the Court and my advocates assigned to me in the Court were fully aware that until you get him to figure out the basis of WHY he was doing what he was doing (the basis of that "power"), then he'll never stop doing what he's doing.

    And I sincerely doubt that Louis CK knows "why" he has this dark side; he DID, however, touch on a lot of the "why" in his apology letter, whether he knew it or not. And, I really think he's addressing some of the SHIT that one of the accusers (Jen Kirkman) is getting on Twitter right now; they're completely ignoring his actions and blaming HER for it, and I think his apology letter is explaining the dynamics of WHY more than "hey, sorry folks, the end."

    At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.
    To me, he's trying to explain why, not so much in his own defense but also in their defense, as to why somebody would say "okay" if somebody asks if he can whip out his dick.

    If you want a genuine and satisfying mea culpa that's "good enough" for his fans to forget what he did, pigs will fly first. And it's not really ABOUT his fans; admitting that he did it IS to stop his fans from "wondering" if these women were lying, but an apology shouldn't be for fans, it should be for the women who accused him of doing it. However ...

    Sometimes an apology or an explanation is enough for victims and sometimes nothing short of prison is enough and that's still not enough, it depends on the individual. But, it's not for us to decide. OUR concerns should be that he gets help, so that he doesn't continue doing this. Whether or not we can ever like the guy again is not and should not be as important as making sure the guy gets his shit together and stops doing it.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-12-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Posting Permissions