Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2006

Thread: Random Celebrity Headlines

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You're proving me right as you might as well have posted, "U mad bro?"

Nice edit.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-03-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Look, the "joke" in Lena Dunham's comment is stupid, , and as much as I don't like to rip (cough) "feminists" (in this case I hesitate to use the term), she shouldn't say shit like that. She said it was self-deprecating, but that is a great disservice to women out there who aren't tiny skinny. And, it's also a disservice to that football player, A BLACK DUDE ... come on, brothers tend to NOT LIKE SKINNY WOMEN. Is Lena Dunham so WHITE that she doesn't know that? I don't understand any of this stupid shit she said, it was a complete waste of my time and I wish she'd shut up, honestly. She isn't doing the world any good with her "jokes." The truth is that the football player probably DIDN'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK SHE WAS, SHE WAS JUST SOME WHITE CHICK SITTING NEXT TO HIM AND SHE'S ASSUMING HE'S SOME POON HOUND WHO WANTS TO FUCK EVERY CHICK SITTING NEXT TO HIM ... NOW who is making stereotypes??

And, @telee.kom , up yours for wasting my time with this shit, ugh. I'll never get that time back, ugh... ugh ugh ugh. Drivel.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-03-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    She actually wrote a mature, contextualised and apparently heartfelt apology on twitter, acknowledging the problems with her discourse and explaining her thought process.
    As moronic as her original statement was, that felt a lot more genuine than the usual "I'm sorry you feel that way / it's just a joke bro".

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    That's nice @Khrz , but it makes me want to make a big deal out of how i sat next to some well known lady and say "and, Hell's Bells! She looked at me like she DIDN'T WANT TO LET ME FUCK! and that just isn't RIGHT!"

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Well according to my statement that would be moronic, and you'd have to go through the whole "write a thoughtful apology and admitting your wrongs", which is really too big a hassle.
    When celebrities don't want to fuck me during glamorous parties, I just assume they're intimidated by my virile demeanor and my overwhelmingly magnetic charm.
    It's way simpler and I don't feel like shit afterwards!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    She went to the Met Gala wearing a TUXEDO and then boo-hoo'd that she isn't like the "models and swan-like actresses" in attendance. Darling, if you are a female and you show up at the MET GALA (a high fashion event where everyone is there to gawk at the fashion), you gotta either OWN it or STAY HOME (or hire a stylist). But constantly publicly whining about it does no good. Tilda Swinton is an "unconventional" female, wears menswear to red carpet events and owns it, flaunts it, gives zero shits. Lady Gaga has worn a dress made of MEAT on a red carpet. Bjork wore a dress that looked like a DEAD SWAN. Public displays of insecurity and resentment is not a costume.

I am glad she at least publicly apologized to that man.

Btw, here is Grimes at the 2016 Met Gala:

Meanwhile, these 3 opted to deliberately go this route (Dunham is on right):
    Last edited by allegro; 09-04-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I love Grimes, but that's horrible looking dress

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    She was on the Worst Dressed list.

And there was Dunham, whining about herself when poor Grimes was wearing that dress that looked like it had been made by a blind 7th grade sewing class. And those SHOES. And the eyebrows. Yeah, Ms. Dunham is full of shit. I wanna give Grimes a hug.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Isn't Lena Dunham BFF with lanky gorgeous Taylor Swift who parades her supermodel friends at her shows?
    (That's the only way I know Lena Dunham, I don't get HBO). I thought her comment about grinding and dancing onto Michael Jordan was particularly bad and indefensible. How is she a feminist again?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    If by feminism, you mean "white feminism", then yeah.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Bjork's Swan Dress was awesome.

Also her sequined Michael Jackson skirt. Now THERE'S a girl with style, bizarre though it may be.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    She actually wrote a mature, contextualised and apparently heartfelt apology on twitter, acknowledging the problems with her discourse and explaining her thought process.
    As moronic as her original statement was, that felt a lot more genuine than the usual "I'm sorry you feel that way / it's just a joke bro".
    nah

Lena Dunham Is A Fuckboy

She is even more an example of how feminism continues to get a bad name. She uses feminism as a brand to make herself money. It's bullshit.

note: this was written by one of the idiots who pushed Bernie Sanders away from his podium so they could shout about BLM, but it doesn't change the accuracy of the words.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    She uses feminism as a brand to make herself money. It's bullshit.
    She's been getting shit for it for a while.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    yeah, i recall the shit she got over molesting her sister. She (and others like her) had already done a number on the reputation of modern feminism by then. A lot of people were denying the molestation as "right wing" nonsense.

It certainly didn't stop her from continuing to be a very prominent face in feminism. Then she rode the Hillary train real fucking hard. ImWithHer guys! Vote for the vagina because feminism! (yeah, she did the obnoxious "your first time" video for Obama, but I'm talking about her damage to feminism).

Assholes like her have set feminism back quite a lot. ETS is actually one of the few places I have ever been able to make statements like this without being dismissed for simply being male. I'm not sure why "white feminism" has to be the label for this... it feels incorrect even if it has become the popular term. I will admit that every "feminist" fucking things up like this certainly does seem to be white though.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I'm not sure why "white feminism" has to be the label for this... it feels incorrect even if it has become the popular term.
    This is a really good piece about Dunham.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-07-2016 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    And this is what Jennifer Aniston is doing right now....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    News is trickling out that some verbal and physical abuse towards the children are the reasons she filed. This is about to get ugly.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    News is trickling out that some verbal and physical abuse towards the children are the reasons she filed. This is about to get ugly.
    Oh boy. I also read that there were rumors that Brad Pitt had an affair with Marion Cotillard while they were making Allies which I think is false as Cotillard, who announced her pregnancy, stated that the reports of an affair with Pitt is false.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The only part of this article that makes genuine sense is regarding both parents losing control to authorities once the child protective agencies get involved. I call b.s on any other angle. (speaking as a mom)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    The only part of this article that makes genuine sense is regarding both parents losing control to authorities once the child protective agencies get involved. I call b.s on any other angle. (speaking as a mom)
    Yeah, well, you aren't a HOLLYWOOD MOM, heh. Angelina Jolie always struck me (no pun intended) as one of these free-wheeling kinds of rich Moms, and if Mom and Dad have been having marital difficulties, and Mom wants a job with the U.N., now Mom has an angle because her attorneys gave her one. (I say this as a divorce paralegal of nearly 15 years.) There is no confirmation that she ever called the DCFS. I have seen people do some fucking SHITTY things during a divorce so one never knows what is really true.

The weirder thing is the story I linked last night, with an interview with a Sgt at the LAPD, has been completely replaced by this new story (above link) which wasn't there last night when I linked it.

This is what CNN is saying.

the SHITTIEST part is that this is all public.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-23-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, well, you aren't a HOLLYWOOD MOM, heh. Angelina Jolie always struck me (no pun intended) as one of these free-wheeling kinds of rich Moms, and if Mom and Dad have been having marital difficulties, and Mom wants a job with the U.N., now Mom has an angle because her attorneys gave her one. (I say this as a divorce paralegal of nearly 15 years.) There is no confirmation that she ever called the DCFS. I have seen people do some fucking SHITTY things during a divorce so one never knows what is really true.

The weirder thing is the story I linked last night, with an interview with a Sgt at the LAPD, has been completely replaced by this new story (above link) which wasn't there last night when I linked it.

This is what CNN is saying.

the SHITTIEST part is that this is all public.
    Ah ok fair enough...not a Hollywood mom...but I did tell mr.lew that if either of us are ever in a position where our fuck up could leave the kids in custody, whichever parent fucked up has to leave and enter therapy. Lol. I also don't get why the statement wasn't: I made a mistake under the influence, I own it, I am getting help alone and with my family.
    Done, you know?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Ah ok fair enough...not a Hollywood mom...but I did tell mr.lew that if either of us are ever in a position where our fuck up could leave the kids in custody, whichever parent fucked up has to leave and enter therapy. Lol. I also don't get why the statement wasn't: I made a mistake under the influence, I own it, I am getting help alone and with my family.
    Done, you know?
    Because I don't think that's what is happening. And in our court system here in my state, if one parent does something ("fucks up" as you said), the Courts make BOTH PARENTS go to "parenting classes" in ALL divorces, here, and you MUST get a certificate showing that you have attended these parenting classes. I believe these classes are also required in most counties in California. Yelling at a kid is not the Court's idea of a "fuck-up," it depends on how one defines "yell." They bring in experts to determine that, they don't rely on a parent to determine that. Sometimes, the Court appoints an attorney FOR THE KID(S) (Guardian Ad Litem) so that the best interests of the kids is not mixed up with the best interests of the parents. The authorities and experts would interview the child, alone, to determine if the parent actually physically or emotionally abused the child, etc. And, even then, in most cases I've dealt with, they always try to work with the parents to integrate the kids back with the parent who has the problem, they work with the parent who has the problem, etc., they don't just automatically remove custody from the parent. The only time we tend to see that is with really bad drug or alcohol abuse, neglect, or bad physical abuse, and even THEN the parent can eventually get the kid back.

In the Jolie-Pitt case, he can't get help alone and with his family, that is no longer an option; there are two reports, here, not sure which is true: One says that she is seeking SOLE physical custody of the kids with him only getting visitation, the other says that she is seeking JOINT physical custody (which is far more common these days and for which he of course will be fighting). She is probably seeking joint custody, as it seems like she really does want what is best for the kids and the family, all the way around. This doesn't seem like some kind of power play, this seems like some desperate way of making something finally happen imho.

He has a career, here, and he is trying to keep what he considers tabloid untruths from wrecking his career so he doesn't want to necessarily admit to something, nor does he want to ignore it so it grows even bigger legs. But, the press has access to Court records in CA so it comes out.

If the problem is alcoholism, that's another issue, entirely.

I don't know how it is in Canada but here in the U.S., when there are children involved, the COURT acts on behalf of the child and parents cannot "agree" on behalf of the child for anything without it being approved by the Court.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-23-2016 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Allegro: glad about the parenting classes for both, that is what I meant by counselling alone and with family.
    This is a twig for me because we had a run in with CAS and the very thought of my kids being taken away shuts my mind off. It was a quick meeting and a hand shake and a case closed scenario for us, but it was terrifying to both of us. Having spoke of my fear of authorities taking children, let me also say that I spent the night before our meeting literally mantra-ing 'I a grateful Cas exists to protect children' and mean and meant it, even if mine were in need of it.
    Not sure of court appointments for kids in Canada, never having needed it or knowing anyone else who did, but I would hope and expect that would be the case.
    Last edited by Lew; 09-23-2016 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typing on phone equals funhouse writing!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Lew , unfortunately, the DCFS here in this country is not usually the best place to go for this kind of thing; many local DCFS offices don't do thorough investigations, if they DO take the kids they are put in awful locations and then the kids slip through the cracks if they don't get sold off via adoption when maybe they should have been placed with family members, etc. and it's mostly known to be a cesspool of corruption (see also this). The "better" scenario is the divorce scenario or a court and counseling scenario which of course requires MONEY and LAWYERS but these two (Jolie-Pitt) have lots and lots of money. The times you see the DCFS is most often in instances of people with substance abuse or neglect and no money or the ability to pay for counseling, lawyers, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-23-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    In other non-Brangelina news, Monty Python co-founder Terry Jones has been diagnosed with a rare form of dementia: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/health...ython-aphasia/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    In other non-Brangelina news, Monty Python co-founder Terry Jones has been diagnosed with a rare form of dementia: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/health...ython-aphasia/

What a shitty year this is

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The abject dehumanization of Kim Kardashian.

http://www.papermag.com/the-abject-d...029087678.html