Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Billy is gonna set the ice cream truck on fire in the end. :P

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Billy is gonna set the ice cream truck on fire in the end. :P
    Out of rage, for still being just a rat in a cage.

Ill show myself out the door now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Shit managed to turn real sour real fast.

The people at one of the pumpkins forums keep talking about some photo that got posted and taken down, I'm curious.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I wonder if Billy's gonna hear the backlash about this (rehashing the same old thing) and just turn it back on everyone with the old 'well, that's what you've always wanted.' routine. I know he's gone on and on about his dislike of just doing greatest hits tours etc etc...and I do agree with that, real fans should wanna see everything...but this seems like a rehash that he's well aware could come back to bite him. Just that he's got an answer for if it does, haha.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    United Center, Madison Square Garden and the LA Forum just sent out this tweet:

They really are doing some sort of new take on the Today video
    No.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I keep hearing about some horrible picture that was leaked from the SP camp of when D'arcy was going thru her struggles back in the day. I see many folks turning on Billy and co. for this. Prett disgusting thing to do. I haven't seen the pic as people are vowing to not share it as they find it grossly inhuman and just more Billy mentally attacking D'arcy. I don't even think I want to see this pic at all. But wow, pretty low Billy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I keep hearing about some horrible picture that was leaked from the SP camp of when D'arcy was going thru her struggles back in the day. I see many folks turning on Billy and co. for this. Prett disgusting thing to do. I haven't seen the pic as people are vowing to not share it as they find it grossly inhuman and just more Billy mentally attacking D'arcy. I don't even think I want to see this pic at all. But wow, pretty low Billy.
    I will say that whatever slim chance there was of me being remotely interested in this tour has totally eradicated to nothing over the past few days, but I've never really been a huge fan outside of MCIS and Adore. Hell, I didn't even see the band live at all until the Manson tour a few years back, and I'm pretty sure I left early to beat traffic.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Not sure where this site is getting their information from, but The Smashing Pumpkins are apparently playing Montreal on August 7th.

Heads up, the article is in French.

http://musikuniverse.mu/nouvelles/it...ntreal-en-aout

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I will say that whatever slim chance there was of me being remotely interested in this tour has totally eradicated to nothing over the past few days, but I've never really been a huge fan outside of MCIS and Adore. Hell, I didn't even see the band live at all until the Manson tour a few years back, and I'm pretty sure I left early to beat traffic.
    I'm right with you. I view the holy trinity of albums Siamese Dream / MCIS / Adore as three of my top albums from anyone...but god damn this got bad really quick.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    From what I'm hearing about that, Linda Strawberry was the one who brought that photo up in the first place. I'm not going to start slinging shit until I know who's responsible. And before anyone asks, I don't think anyone should even be talking about this. Everyone's got drunk pics, but using that kind of stuff to besmirch someone's image is beyond low and disgusting behavior.

All I'm seeing is petty assholes and squabbling everywhere I look and it's getting tiresome.

Edit: Jesus Christ it's just her with a bloody chin looking up kinda dazed after being kicked by one of her horses.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 02-14-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Stephen Malkmus has a new album and tour starting in a couple months. Far more interesting news than Billy's semi reunion rehash shitshow...
    #rangelife

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Everyone's got drunk pics
    red robe anyone?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I saw the photo. It's not a good photo of her by any means, but honestly not as bad as many are making it out to be. I was expected something far worse based on the reactions I've been seeing. Agreed that it's a disgusting thing to share in an attempt to make her look bad. Talk about "mean-spirirted..."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How did someone in Billy's camp even get that photo?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I only ever looked at the text message conversation and the interview.

I dont see this going beyond a three piece and plus one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I only ever looked at the text message conversation and the interview.

I dont see this going beyond a three piece and plus one.
    Sadly, I don't either. Bridges have been burned and Earth has been scorched.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    True, but they FEED off of this kind of shit. This drama is bad for the band, but GREAT for good headlines, clicks, and their (music blogs and publications like Consequence of Sound, Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, etc.) business in general. The guy who interviewed her did seem to be a fan, though.
    Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Me watching this SP reunion shit like..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    D'arcy was hurt and angry enough to throw away a pretty big paycheck as well as future paychecks. So I gotta kinda respect her for speaking her mind, standing her ground, and not letting money sway her to simply kiss Billy's ass and march to the beat of his drum.

Plus, Billy is a Trump supporter? Oh, jeez.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    After all is said and done, they didn't even all meet initially before a tour was thought up. That's extremely fucking stupid, and shows how much real intelligent thought that Corgan puts into anything anymore. Everything is frivolous BS, what a huge wasted opportunity for everyone (including us).

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If I ever come across Billy, I hope to play "Range Life" loud on some speakers just to piss him off.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Let me take us back...

While living in Brazil, age 10 or 11, SP became the first band in my life that I grew absolutely obsessed with. The school I was attending (an English speaking Christian school) had a "yearvideo" instead of a yearbook (or maybe both), for at least one year (1996 or 1997, I forget). For the freshman class, they used 1979 as the song, with video shots of each student's face around the school pool (at the end of the grade’s slide, one freshman dude, who I looked up to in particular, got picked up by a bunch of kids and thrown into the pool lol). I didn't know what the song was, I just knew it left a big impression (well, it is a fucking classic). Later on, while shopping at some mall, I recognized the song being played on the overhead speakers in a CD store. I think I had my dad ask them what was playing (because I was a shy muh fuh).

It was the acoustic version (but I didn’t really know that yet)! My dad got it for me, and I played the crap out of it (I still have it, errr--at least the booklet, maybe the case, and a cracked CD). Eventually I got Mellon Collie. MC was this completely different world to me, from which I was light years away from properly understanding a single lyrical phrase... (English is my first language, I have always been just so enthralled by music since I was very little, to where meanings of songs don't really matter to me, not to mention I was pretty young). It was so comforting (and cool). That's all I really knew.

To this day, I still feel like getting a tattoo of one of the song page graphics from the liner notes.
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-15-2018 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Let me take us back...

There were only three original members in that incarnation and pretty much everyone accepted that lineup...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    But it wasn't the same without Jimmy. Nothing against Matt Walker but he ain't Jimmy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There were only three original members in that incarnation and pretty much everyone accepted that lineup...
    I mean, it was accepted by everyone why the entire original lineup couldn't be there, but I would imagine that it really sucked, for all who really cared.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Shiny And Oh So Bright Tour... seriously?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

Shiny And Oh So Bright Tour... really?
    I JUST came to post that but you beat me to it. And yeah, not so sure about that tour name.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Think that'll be the name of the single?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That shouldn’t be the name of anything, not even an off-brand children’s night light, imagine buying a shirt that says that and actually wearing it in front of human beings that can also read and recognize language

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The instagram page has been building what looks like a poster in case anyone hasn't noticed that.