Page 80 of 150 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I hear Ted McGinley is going to be playing bass for the tour. He always seems to show up after the jumping of the shark.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I hear Ted McGinley is going to be playing bass for the tour. He always seems to show up after the jumping of the shark.
    Jefferson D'Arcy Wretzkey

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    If the cuts went to 22%, is it because Jeff was coming aboard? I mean, hes been a member at this point as Long or longer than Darcy? If the plan was always to play Old album material, then he doesn't deserve equal share, but that 12% to him?

I dunno.. speculating...

Personally, i'm excited. I've been a fan the whole time. I love the music.
    Could be, but the question is... was D'arcy aware of Jeff's involvement? Or was Billy just touting this as the four of them? I don't remember Jeff being mentioned in the texts. Or maybe D'arcy discovered her share was being cut due to Jeff and was like "Who the f--k is Jeff and what does he have to do with the four of us?"

A.K.A. This is why you do not plan an reunion comeback arena tour thru f--king text instead of meeting the person you haven't seen in 18 years!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Could be, but the question is... was D'arcy aware of Jeff's involvement? Or was Billy just touting this as the four of them? I don't remember Jeff being mentioned in the texts. Or maybe D'arcy discovered her share was being cut due to Jeff and was like "Who the f--k is Jeff and what does he have to do with the four of us?"

A.K.A. This is why you do not plan an reunion comeback arena tour thru f--king text instead of meeting the person you haven't seen in 18 years!
    Billy did mention that Jeff was present with him and Jimmy in the studio, so she was aware (or should have been) of his involvement.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Hey, I like Ted McGinley. He was awesome as Jefferson D'Arcy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I usually hate Pitchfork, but THANK YOU

5 Times Billy Corgan Said Reunions Were Bullshit
    https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/5-tim...were-bullshit/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I usually hate Pitchfork, but THANK YOU

5 Times Billy Corgan Said Reunions Were Bullshit
    https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/5-tim...were-bullshit/
    I was going to post that. What a fucking hypocrite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He is officially a Joke now.

New EP and tour better be dope or he will not be able get up again this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    So much bitterness. Give them a break, will ya?
    Yes, people say a lot of shit. Billy's mouth is his worst enemy, everyone knows that. People also tend to change their opinions on stuff, be it genuine or for profit.
    How many bands you think said they'd never reunite and then did? Reunions wouldn't even exist if bands never split with bitterness or animosity that eventually went under the bridge.

Can't wait for Oasis reunion just to read another mount of shit articles about who said what in the past.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think that perhaps they should have aimed for smalller arenas to start their tour. In Boston, they are going to be playing the TD Garden, which is a place usually reserved for bands like Depeche Mode, Guns N Roses, NIN and pop acts like Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake. Even a fully reunited Smashing Pumpkins isn't in that league. I am thinking they aimed a little too high here.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It's too bad that Manson/SP joint tour happened in 2015. Manson would be a perfect support act for this, i.e. an actual train wreck opening for the SP reunion train wreck..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's too bad that Manson/SP joint tour happened in 2015. Manson would be a perfect support act for this, i.e. an actual train wreck opening for the SP reunion train wreck..
    But who should be the opening act for this train wreck of a tour?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    That's easy: Jane's Addiction

Another once-great-now-shitty nostalgia act with an egocentric twat for a singer who can't get along with his bass player to save his life and phones it in for a paycheck each night.

Here they are in 2011 fawning over one another. Priceless moment: Perry claiming how Teargarden was as good as any classic rock album you'll ever hear in your life..

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    No one can compare to the complete and utter shit show that Manson's been subjecting his poor fan base to. Seriously, THAT is a true 100% train wreck. But seriously, the drama with D'arcy is one thing. This SP tour hasn't started yet, I don't think it's fair to say that it's a train wreck, even if you want it to be. Jimmy chamberlain will be behind the kit and James is part of it this time, too. Three guitars and only playing the first five albums sounds pretty damn good to me. Sure, I wish D'arcy could have been involved, but maybe that wouldn't have been for the best either – she hasn't played a concert in 19 fucking years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I might hit the Sacramento show up. But I will wait a little to get tickets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    I might hit the Sacramento show up. But I will wait a little to get tickets.
    yeah, I might wait too, it could be a good deal close to show day. Tickets for Billy's solo shows here in SF were 1/4 of the original price on show day.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    yeah, I might wait too, it could be a good deal close to show day. Tickets for Billy's solo shows here in SF were 1/4 of the original price on show day.
    Interest in this tour is going to be a LITTLE higher than Billy's solo show. Just sayin'

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If a tour with The Smashing Pumpkins (with Jimmy Chamberlin back) and Marilyn Manson could barely fill out mid-sized venues, I dunno folks.

How were Billy's solo shows ticket-wise? After James Iha first came on stage with Billy, did the following shows ticket sales go up a lot? Technically, many people have already seen Billy, James, Jimmy, and Jeff for Billy's solo shows where he would dedicate parts of shows to different past albums. This tour probably would have a bigger response if Billy didn't already have James join him on stage. For many, they technically have already seen this line up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If a tour with The Smashing Pumpkins (with Jimmy Chamberlin back) and Marilyn Manson could barely fill out mid-sized venues, I dunno folks.

How were Billy's solo shows ticket-wise? After James Iha first came on stage with Billy, did the following shows ticket sales go up a lot? Technically, many people have already seen Billy, James, Jimmy, and Jeff for Billy's solo shows where he would dedicate parts of shows to different past albums. This tour probably would have a bigger response if Billy didn't already have James join him on stage. For many, they technically have already seen this line up.
    But that was only for three shows (2 in LA and 1 in Chicago if I remember right) and those people didn't know ahead of time before they bought their tickets that they'd be seeing James. Well, maybe after his first surprise appearance there were some people that bought tickets hoping that he'd show up again. But still, he only played with them for 3 shows.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I actually might go to the Oakland show now, didn't see it at first in the list of dates. I think this will sell better than billy's solo shows but not sold out in 15 minutes type of stuff.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How the Pumpkins reunion differs from GN'R's reunion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanro...reunion-drama/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If Billy Corgan is the sole creative force behind the Pumpkins, then how come his output dropped drastically in quality when the original band broke up? I'm sorry, but just I do not believe Corgan as the sole creative force one bit. There is just too much evidence to the contrary.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this Forbes article is bullshit sorry, jimmy isn't just a hired gun, sure he was in and out of the band but no matter what his contribution to the pumpkins is undeniable.
    And comparing GNR to TSP is absolutely retarded, these 2 bands were never in the same league, so are their reunion tour.

Annnnnnnd, Forbes name dropping that garbage website Alternative Nation??? they lost me right there.
    I still wonder why D'arcy went public with these idiots, goes to show how loony she is now if you ask me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    this Forbes article is bullshit sorry, jimmy isn't just a hired gun, sure he was in and out of the band but no matter what his contribution to the pumpkins is undeniable.
    And comparing GNR to TSP is absolutely retarded, these 2 bands were never in the same league, so are their reunion tour.

Annnnnnnd, Forbes name dropping that garbage website Alternative Nation??? they lost me right there.
    I still wonder why D'arcy went public with these idiots, goes to show how loony she is now if you ask me.
    Forbes should stick to just talking about money. Not music, not film, not even wrestling as those assclowns at WrestleZone hire some moron from the magazine.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Alternative Nation is a goofy website, but those texts are legit. I don't agree with everything Forbes says, but it was an interesting take.

All drama aside, I'm looking forward to the tour.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-19-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    ...a week to refine lyrics for the 8 new SP songs... we'll be back in Malibu next week to sing shiny new lyrics and cut final guitar overdubs with James and Jeff. Busy! But good busy. And for birdwatchers, here are the titles for the 8 Smashing Pumpkins songs: Alienation, Travels, Silvery Sometimes, Solara, With Sympathy, Marchin' On, Knights of Malta, Seek and You Shall Destroy
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BfYg0UFj...williampcorgan

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm surprised that he put up the song titles. I hope that Jimmy drums on ALL of those and that James was involved with more than one song, as was rumored. Wonder which one will be the single...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Well, guess it's not an EP anymore. Solara is one of the songs that was slated for inclusion on Day For Night, for reference.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    When exactly did it begin and why is it that Billy seems to title a million things like he works at a Renaissance Fair