Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95
Results 2,821 to 2,837 of 2837

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    James doesn't move around much on stage because he's incredibly near-sighted and D'Arcy said she prevented him from falling off the stage into the crowd on a few occasions. He's always worn glasses offstage.

All the anecdotes and terrible jokes more than make up for it IMO. I don't need anyone performing rockstar poses.
    Does he not know that contacts are a thing? Is he unaware of the existence of Lasik eye surgery? We know he can afford it...

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I just saw those performances on Jimmy Fallon and I was like.... eh.... there doesn't seem to be a lot of life in those performances.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    During their Howard Stern appearance this week, Billy talked for an hour, did his usual nonsense on how he saw shape shifters and lizard people. The rest of the band sat in utter silence. James said 1 word the entire interview. Howard basically begged James to talk and he wouldnt mutter more than 1 or 2 words. This reunion won't last 10 shows

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    During their Howard Stern appearance this week, Billy talked for an hour, did his usual nonsense on how he saw shape shifters and lizard people. The rest of the band sat in utter silence. James said 1 word the entire interview. Howard basically begged James to talk and he wouldnt mutter more than 1 or 2 words. This reunion won't last 10 shows
    Is Billy legitimately unwell now?

And I'm sure they're riding in separate buses...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Is Billy legitimately unwell now?

And I'm sure they're riding in separate buses...
    When Howard got to the D'arcy part of the interview, Billy rambled on about how it was a mutual decision by everyone to not allow her back, so when Howard asked James about her.....Didnt sound so mutual....He mumbled something about how he's sorry it didn't work out and how it's weird and then Howard changed the subject....10 shows then it'll crash...Maybe 5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally watched the Jimmy Fallon performances.
    I thought the new song was okay. It was about what I expected.
    Zero seemed really good to me with the exception of Billy's voice. Jimmy always looks that way IMO, same goes for James.
    Billy just doesn't have a voice live anymore. I think he knows it, so he isn't going to strain his voice even more.
    Even when I saw SP back in 2008 I though his voice was awful and shot then. It happens to most singers.
    I love the Pumpkins but I am realistic about new music and performing these days.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Aaaand that's it. These two dates is all Europe gets, apparently.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Finally listened to Solara. Big time Meh.

Sounds like a Zeitgeist outtake. And I didn't even hate Zeitgeist, but that's not really what I was hoping for here.

Hoping the 7 other tracks are a bit more diverse.

And yeah the performance was lackluster and subdued, but I also don't put a lot of stock in the late night show performances.

Still believe the eventual live show will be pretty awesome. And I wouldn't have a lot of concerns that they won't make it through the dates. Too much money on the line to bail. Everyone knew what they were getting into here. You would like for it to not be a grind, but if it is, it's not like there is an insane amount of dates. They will trudge onward and play the shows. If anything maybe we just lose out on some encores, extended James banter etc.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Smashing Pumpkins

Edit: Nm
    Last edited by Piko; 06-17-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Here's the Howard Stern performance of Solara, followed by BWBW.

Better performance of Solara IMO but he doesn't seem like he's trying to hit the Bullet screams anymore, don't think he can

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Better performance of Solara IMO but he doesn't seem like he's trying to hit the Bullet screams anymore, don't think he can
    Now that's a much better performance of Solara!

Edit: Minus the vocals.
    It's a bit of a shock to myself, watching those performances made me think now SP could be a more democratic band. James and Jimmy shines no less than Billy.
    Back then we still knew James' guitar and Jimmy's drumming was exceptional but now they looks like they're the core of the band.
    Last edited by poro765; 06-18-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah I always like watching Jimmy drum, seems so effortless. James sounds great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it seems Billy's voice is shot. I'll be amazed if he can still scream when they play BWBW.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cover of guitar wold right?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    "The band looked like they were being held hostage"...........Howard Stern earlier today discussing their appearance

Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    his voice sounds shaky... like he's hung over or something.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    his voice sounds shaky... like he's hung over or something.
    Or nervous because it's one of the first public appearances since the semi-reunion tour was announced. But yeah, it did sound a little shaky. He didn't even attempt that "caaaaaage" scream near the end of BWBW. Here's hoping his voice gets better... I honestly did think that performance of Solara was much better, though. And I have to say, that song has really grown on me.