Page 81 of 150 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 4492

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Wait... Just so I have this straight. There's an upcoming BC (solo) release and an SP release, right?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Wait... Just so I have this straight. There's an upcoming BC (solo) release and an SP release, right?
    Correct. A second BC solo album with 16-18 songs being considered and an 8-song SP EP. (I wish it were the other way around as far as length)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Consider this. Technically, the new EP or whatever is a part of Teargarden. You know, since Oceania and Monuments were as well, per Billy's own words, and TbK was never officially canceled. haha!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Consider this. Technically, the new EP or whatever is a part of Teargarden. You know, since Oceania and Monuments were as well, per Billy's own words, and TbK was never officially canceled. haha!
    One day Billy is going to go on InfoWars and announce that all of his appearances on it were part of Teargarden. The entire Alex Jones network is a part of it, too. He'll look straight to the camera and say that so are you, you're a part of it, too. Your whole life? Your birth, your childhood, your jobs, your loves, your failures, your triumphs? Those are just straight from the Teargarden playbook. The entire planet is a part of Teargarden By Kaleidoscope. Billy is actually just a cranky flower waiting to be fed by a garden of tears, and all of this grand cosmic nightmare was a way to get to them, to those sweet, sweet eye juice fuel drops, the optical cola, the retinal spew

And then there'll be a new EP for it and it'll still suck just as much

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    LoLLerskates *HUGZ*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just FYI, since it says Forbes.com/sites think of it more like a blog from a person and not an official Forbes article.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That was total bullshit. Oceania and Monuments were not part of Teargarden (I know you weren't being serious, just saying). Billy just didn't want to admit that his overly ambitious experiment was a failure. Oceania and Monuments sounded nothing like the Teargarden tracks, which is a very good thing. There are only a couple of songs from that era that I have listened to more than once or twice.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's going to be a presale for tickets. Also no VIP packages. I'd better be able to secure floor tickets...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    I still want the Machina/Machina II Reissue god damn it.
    A lot of people still want this. Wish Billy would release it so I can stop having to keep checking what he is up to. Give me the Machina set and I'll be gone.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's going to be a presale for tickets. Also no VIP packages. I'd better be able to secure floor tickets...
    You can probably show up to the venue the day of the show and probably
    score floor seats.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That was total bullshit. Oceania and Monuments were not part of Teargarden (I know you weren't being serious, just saying). Billy just didn't want to admit that his overly ambitious experiment was a failure. Oceania and Monuments sounded nothing like the Teargarden tracks, which is a very good thing. There are only a couple of songs from that era that I have listened to more than once or twice.
    Thing is, it could have worked. It was kind of a cool idea, but why release them on these really expensive
    formats?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    You can probably show up to the venue the day of the show and probably
    score floor seats.
    Theres already a shit ton of tickets on StubHub, some venues have nearly 1,000 seats available on that site.

Thought floor or would be GA, but doesn’t look that way.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Theres already a shit ton of tickets on StubHub, some venues have nearly 1,000 seats available on that site.

Thought floor or would be GA, but doesn’t look that way.
    I thought tix didn't go on sale until Friday?
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-22-2018 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I thought tix didn't go on sale until Friday?
    lol, when has that ever deterred from tickets popping up on StubHub? A tour gets announced and a day later the employees, or whoever gets first dibs at tickets (family memebers, promoters?) put them up for sale.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    lol, when has that ever deterred from tickets popping up on StubHub? A tour gets announced and a day later the employees, or whoever gets first dibs at tickets (family memebers, promoters?) put them up for sale.
    Some of these scalpers will lose money and be stuck with unsold tickets. Serves them right.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Some of these scalpers will lose money and be stuck with unsold tickets. Serves them right.
    Yeah, they win some and they lose some. No different than sports betting in Vegas- they just need to cover a certain percentage. Of course if they’re given the tickets then it’s a good profit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    We all do. M2 is uneven (esp. with the bonus EPs) but it's one of my favorite albums of theirs; it sounds the most like a real band playing since MCIS, which I like as much as something like Adore, though I have no idea if it was just another SD-type affair where it's mostly Billy and Jimmy. Would be nice to have a version not sourced from vinyl after 18 or so years, judging by the couple of CD quality tracks that were released officially.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

But for real, there's a lot of speculation based on that D'Arcy interview that one of the main reasons Bill's doing this tour is that all his fucking around with wrestling organizations put him in the red financially. IIRC he's said in the past it's not cheap to even put the things out and he's not guaranteed a return on them. If we're to assume that's true and his 'legal difficulties'/'not paid for the Adore reissue' isn't a a bullshit excuse, he might not even be financially capable of putting them out at the moment.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 02-22-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I doubt Billy is in the red, whatever venture he set up to get these side business ideas going may be in the red but he sure isn't, remember they as individuals are not personally liable if these business/records/tours flop, like any other good corporation/LLC.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    "Pleased to say I've wrapped up lyric writing on the 8 new @smashingpumpkins tracks, which essentially (and in theory) feeds into a much bigger project I've been planning for years now (more on that later). So it's back in the studio next week to sing and overdub guitars with JI and JS,, and hopefully get this music out to you soon! Most likely to be presented as 2 ep's before and during the tour (or possibly just after), which in itself opens the gateway to this grand (or grandiose?) idea I have. But let's just say it's as far reaching as anything we've ever done together, and with James, Jimmy, and Jeff's support (which has been amazing) I feel anything is possible. Sort of like that lyric, 'the impossible is possible...? Or was it 'the possible is impossible...'

Ladies and gentlemen:

NOT THE ACTUAL PUMPKINS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    "Pleased to say I've wrapped up lyric writing on the 8 new @smashingpumpkins tracks, which essentially (and in theory) feeds into a much bigger project I've been planning for years now (more on that later). So it's back in the studio next week to sing and overdub guitars with JI and JS,, and hopefully get this music out to you soon! Most likely to be presented as 2 ep's before and during the tour (or possibly just after), which in itself opens the gateway to this grand (or grandiose?) idea I have. But let's just say it's as far reaching as anything we've ever done together, and with James, Jimmy, and Jeff's support (which has been amazing) I feel anything is possible. Sort of like that lyric, 'the impossible is possible...? Or was it 'the possible is impossible...'
    Teargarden by Kaleidoscope II CONFIRMED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fans should know by now he only releases 1/4 of the things he talks about releasing (and that's being generous).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Day for night and tear garden as a 44 track singles release. That’s the only two I can think of. Machina is all dependent of others.

anyways, dream setlist? I say start with a sonic assault of 3 guitars. I think that would be awesome

Tonight Tonight
    Ava Adore
    Siva
    Frail+Bedazzled
    Zero
    JellyBelly
    Mayonaise
    Pug
    Eye
    The Boy
    Slunk
    XYU

-Break-

Stumbaline
    To Sheila
    Obscured

-Finales-
    Cherub Rock
    Mayonnaise
    Silverfuck

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Ladies and gentlemen:

NOT THE ACTUAL PUMPKINS
    I feel the same way about the Beatles. It was never the same after Pete Best left the group. That 1962 Deca bootleg is the real deal. After he left, it was never the same. Fake Beatles. And yes, I have been drinking.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Whooosh goes the joke overhead

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's when Billy announces he has a new grandiose idea is when I start to worry.

Let's see now... Machina double album/concept tour; Djali Zwan album; 44-song Teargarden project; Chicagosongs project; an album/compilation or really obscure demos and outtakes; Day for Night; Machina I+II / Zwan / TheFutureEmbrace / Zeitgeist remastered reissues... Am I missing something else?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Metro DVD was promised not long after the original breakup
    Pre-Gish Boxset/ Official Mashed Potatoes release

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Whooosh goes the joke overhead
    Yes, I'm actually quite hilarious. Why did the ghost go to the bar? He went for the booos.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Trying to buy Pumpkins tickets (for myself and friends) and so far I am not doing well at all...maybe there's more of a demand than I thought.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm really curious about how well this is going to do now. I got my tix 2 minutes in and the entire front floor area was already gone. I'm still pretty close up though.