Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81
Results 2,401 to 2,422 of 2422

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I might hit the Sacramento show up. But I will wait a little to get tickets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    I might hit the Sacramento show up. But I will wait a little to get tickets.
    yeah, I might wait too, it could be a good deal close to show day. Tickets for Billy's solo shows here in SF were 1/4 of the original price on show day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    yeah, I might wait too, it could be a good deal close to show day. Tickets for Billy's solo shows here in SF were 1/4 of the original price on show day.
    Interest in this tour is going to be a LITTLE higher than Billy's solo show. Just sayin'

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If a tour with The Smashing Pumpkins (with Jimmy Chamberlin back) and Marilyn Manson could barely fill out mid-sized venues, I dunno folks.

How were Billy's solo shows ticket-wise? After James Iha first came on stage with Billy, did the following shows ticket sales go up a lot? Technically, many people have already seen Billy, James, Jimmy, and Jeff for Billy's solo shows where he would dedicate parts of shows to different past albums. This tour probably would have a bigger response if Billy didn't already have James join him on stage. For many, they technically have already seen this line up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If a tour with The Smashing Pumpkins (with Jimmy Chamberlin back) and Marilyn Manson could barely fill out mid-sized venues, I dunno folks.

How were Billy's solo shows ticket-wise? After James Iha first came on stage with Billy, did the following shows ticket sales go up a lot? Technically, many people have already seen Billy, James, Jimmy, and Jeff for Billy's solo shows where he would dedicate parts of shows to different past albums. This tour probably would have a bigger response if Billy didn't already have James join him on stage. For many, they technically have already seen this line up.
    But that was only for three shows (2 in LA and 1 in Chicago if I remember right) and those people didn't know ahead of time before they bought their tickets that they'd be seeing James. Well, maybe after his first surprise appearance there were some people that bought tickets hoping that he'd show up again. But still, he only played with them for 3 shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually might go to the Oakland show now, didn't see it at first in the list of dates. I think this will sell better than billy's solo shows but not sold out in 15 minutes type of stuff.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    How the Pumpkins reunion differs from GN'R's reunion.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanro...reunion-drama/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If Billy Corgan is the sole creative force behind the Pumpkins, then how come his output dropped drastically in quality when the original band broke up? I'm sorry, but just I do not believe Corgan as the sole creative force one bit. There is just too much evidence to the contrary.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this Forbes article is bullshit sorry, jimmy isn't just a hired gun, sure he was in and out of the band but no matter what his contribution to the pumpkins is undeniable.
    And comparing GNR to TSP is absolutely retarded, these 2 bands were never in the same league, so are their reunion tour.

Annnnnnnd, Forbes name dropping that garbage website Alternative Nation??? they lost me right there.
    I still wonder why D'arcy went public with these idiots, goes to show how loony she is now if you ask me.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    this Forbes article is bullshit sorry, jimmy isn't just a hired gun, sure he was in and out of the band but no matter what his contribution to the pumpkins is undeniable.
    And comparing GNR to TSP is absolutely retarded, these 2 bands were never in the same league, so are their reunion tour.

Annnnnnnd, Forbes name dropping that garbage website Alternative Nation??? they lost me right there.
    I still wonder why D'arcy went public with these idiots, goes to show how loony she is now if you ask me.
    Forbes should stick to just talking about money. Not music, not film, not even wrestling as those assclowns at WrestleZone hire some moron from the magazine.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Alternative Nation is a goofy website, but those texts are legit. I don't agree with everything Forbes says, but it was an interesting take.

All drama aside, I'm looking forward to the tour.
    Last edited by RhettButler; Yesterday at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    ...a week to refine lyrics for the 8 new SP songs... we'll be back in Malibu next week to sing shiny new lyrics and cut final guitar overdubs with James and Jeff. Busy! But good busy. And for birdwatchers, here are the titles for the 8 Smashing Pumpkins songs: Alienation, Travels, Silvery Sometimes, Solara, With Sympathy, Marchin' On, Knights of Malta, Seek and You Shall Destroy
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BfYg0UFj...williampcorgan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm surprised that he put up the song titles. I hope that Jimmy drums on ALL of those and that James was involved with more than one song, as was rumored. Wonder which one will be the single...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well, guess it's not an EP anymore. Solara is one of the songs that was slated for inclusion on Day For Night, for reference.

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    When exactly did it begin and why is it that Billy seems to title a million things like he works at a Renaissance Fair

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Wait... Just so I have this straight. There's an upcoming BC (solo) release and an SP release, right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Wait... Just so I have this straight. There's an upcoming BC (solo) release and an SP release, right?
    Correct. A second BC solo album with 16-18 songs being considered and an 8-song SP EP. (I wish it were the other way around as far as length)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Consider this. Technically, the new EP or whatever is a part of Teargarden. You know, since Oceania and Monuments were as well, per Billy's own words, and TbK was never officially canceled. haha!

Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Consider this. Technically, the new EP or whatever is a part of Teargarden. You know, since Oceania and Monuments were as well, per Billy's own words, and TbK was never officially canceled. haha!
    One day Billy is going to go on InfoWars and announce that all of his appearances on it were part of Teargarden. The entire Alex Jones network is a part of it, too. He'll look straight to the camera and say that so are you, you're a part of it, too. Your whole life? Your birth, your childhood, your jobs, your loves, your failures, your triumphs? Those are just straight from the Teargarden playbook. The entire planet is a part of Teargarden By Kaleidoscope. Billy is actually just a cranky flower waiting to be fed by a garden of tears, and all of this grand cosmic nightmare was a way to get to them, to those sweet, sweet eye juice fuel drops, the optical cola, the retinal spew

And then there'll be a new EP for it and it'll still suck just as much

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    LoLLerskates *HUGZ*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just FYI, since it says Forbes.com/sites think of it more like a blog from a person and not an official Forbes article.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That was total bullshit. Oceania and Monuments were not part of Teargarden (I know you weren't being serious, just saying). Billy just didn't want to admit that his overly ambitious experiment was a failure. Oceania and Monuments sounded nothing like the Teargarden tracks, which is a very good thing. There are only a couple of songs from that era that I have listened to more than once or twice.