Page 84 of 150 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4497

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lmao since we're discussing "how awesome WPC is to his fans", let's not forget that time he invited a fan onstage for some brutal honesty, and then proceeded to bash the guy via a homophobic faux-song title. Class up the ass there, BillCo..

i was here. this was staged 100%. he has said that he very much approached this tour like a wrestling event atimes, acting more as a 'heel.'

it's not a good bit or anything, but it's a bit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i was here. this was staged 100%. he has said that he very much approached this tour like a wrestling event atimes, acting more as a 'heel.'

it's not a good bit or anything, but it's a bit.
    Don't you know that we all ran out of free google searches to look up the context of that video?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The issue for me is that of course they’d do Bullet, Tonight Tonight, Zero, Ava, etc., and I like and am fine with all of those songs, they’re classics for a reason. Some of their hits are absolute masterpieces. But it’s everything else that’s so uninspiring. Is Perfect really a hit? To Sheila?
    This reminded me of a classic that always cracks me up:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    well, I finally managed to get floor for Oakland but TM was so horrendous that I took whatever the system gave me at first (and after booting me out of better seat an unbelievable amount of times).
    Anyways, long story short, I have an extra in section 102, face value if anyone wants it and didn't get anything better.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The tour not selling well is now making it in the news. I'm sorry, but those ticket prices are outrageous.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ing-very-well/

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    As he ages, there are certain pics of Billy where he bears an uncanny resemblance to one of my uncles, and it fucking weirds me out every time I notice it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Charging vastly more than their last big tour with no pit/floor and an incomplete reunion with no new material building buzz (even if they’re promising some new overwrought concept series now) isn’t exactly the strategy I’d think of to sell out an arena tour. There’s too many dates here for what it is that they’re doing, too. No one was saying they needed to do something like this yet Billy is acting like it’s the expectation he has to live up to and it feels like a recipe for disaster, especially if they’re presumably spending a lot on some unnecessary big production for the stage.

I still think this should have been a short sold out theatre run with a new single out followed by recording an album and then trying for larger venues after building a better reputation up again. Billy refusing accept where his career is at and be happy he still has one when so many people who get into that world long before reaching this point die, burn out or never even get a shot at it to begin with is easily one of his biggest flaws and the cause of so much of the weird shit he pulls with this band.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Charging vastly more than their last big tour with no pit/floor and an incomplete reunion with no new material building buzz (even if they’re promising some new overwrought concept series now) isn’t exactly the strategy I’d think of to sell out an arena tour. There’s too many dates here for what it is that they’re doing, too. No one was saying they needed to do something like this yet Billy is acting like it’s the expectation he has to live up to and it feels like a recipe for disaster, especially if they’re presumably spending a lot on some unnecessary big production for the stage.

I still think this should have been a short sold out theatre run with a new single out followed by recording an album and then trying for larger venues after building a better reputation up again. Billy refusing accept where his career is at and be happy he still has one when so many people who get into that world long before reaching this point die, burn out or never even get a shot at it to begin with is easily one of his biggest flaws and the cause of so much of the weird shit he pulls with this band.
    You're 100% right on how this should have been rolled out.

Also...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I know it's been said over and over but the fact they didn't even do a smallish tour like a small club thing like the Arising tour in 1999 to gauge reception and interest was just such a mistake. Even if circumstances were different with D'arcy onboard and without the bad press I just can't see the band selling out all those stadiums or arenas or whatever the fuck they are.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Billy boy and the Pumpkins are a remnant of 1990s folklore..Right alongside Sabrina the Teenage Witch and The Offspring...He really thinks he is Nirvana or Radiohead, that he is some monster band who was the spokesman for a generation.....Dude lives in a fantasy world

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Honestly, this tour would be where it is currently at no matter if D'arcy spoke out or not. But I'm sure when it fails, Billy will make sure she gets the brunt of the blame in typical Corgan style. Making this seated was an even bigger mistake. Billy couldn't even sell out smaller venues with JC back on drums and frigging Marilyn Manson on the line up when tickets were $30-40 and now trying to charge 10 times the amount to sit down. We got 3 guitarists to incinerate classic SP riffs live, now please have a seat and watch my well rehearsed theater play. This show sounds absolutely nothing like what classic SP fans want. I really can't figure out who Billy thinks this show is aimed at.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-26-2018 at 02:05 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The tour not selling well is now making it in the news. I'm sorry, but those ticket prices are outrageous.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/...ing-very-well/
    Unless they released a massive comeback album, i.e, American Idiot, what were they thinking, going from playing theatres to arenas?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    $125 before fees for virtually all floor/lower bowl is really outrageous (nevermind the platinum/vip/resale whatever crap). No wonder Detroit isn't selling well.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Setlist isn't final, you guys

Quote Originally Posted by WPC
    Thanks to all who've submitted song suggestions. The idea was for you to pick one or two, not 10 or 20 (ha)! And to post them publicly, not light up my DM's. But who reads anymore in the land of clickbait? Anywhoo, the Shiny and Bright Tour is already off to a smashing start, with tickets a 'flyin and rehearsals starting very, very soon. So keep the suggestions coming. Not 'cause we need 'em, but because we aren't perfect and it's humbling to see songs that we don't give enough credit to (inside the house) gain stature through the years. And in that, we're willing to listen. But last I checked I've been making setlists for 33 or 34 years, so....I got this, yeah.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Setlist isn't final, you guys
    That level of interaction with the fans feels so cringeworthy.

Fuck social media.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Could've done without patronizing fans, implying they don't know how to read. Also could do without that last sentence. But they're willing to listen haha. What a turd, seriously.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Unless they released a massive comeback album, i.e, American Idiot, what were they thinking, going from playing theatres to arenas?
    This:

"I'm Billy Corgan and I'm the most talented songwriter of the 90's and most popular right up there with Kurt Cobain. Who wouldn't want to come out to see me and my band play? We're the best. I'm the best."

I really fucking hope they shift venues to clubs and we get rage-fueled blistering performances.

I was all ready to throw up a suggestion for TEITBITE, but whatever. He was never going to listen to anything anyone put up anyway.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 02-26-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It’s times like this where StubHub is your friend.

Speaking of, look at the number of tickets on SH. There’s probably a few hundred actual people going to these shows lol.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

I was all ready to throw up a suggestion for TEITBITE, but whatever. He was never going to listen to anything anyone put up anyway.
    It's kinda already on the list, although not clear which version

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Monuments is a pretty decent album. I said it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's kinda already on the list, although not clear which version
    I'm guessing that it is The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning because they played a version of this on the 2008 tour. Though with 3 guitarists, you'd think they would play the rockier version.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Monuments is a pretty decent album. I said it.
    You're not alone.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'm guessing that it is The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning because they played a version of this on the 2008 tour. Though with 3 guitarists, you'd think they would play the rockier version.
    I really hope that if they do it it's the rock version. Watchmen may have been nine years ago, and technically qualify, but this is a 90's nostalgia tour. :P

And if I may be selfish, TEITBITE was my summer 1997, association with shit Batman movies and all. It's still one of my favorite SP tracks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    As someone who always knew this band existed and kinda liked Ava Adore and other singles back when they came out, I never really took the time to listen to their albums, for some reason.
    So when I finally did a few years ago, Siamese Dream, to me, seemed to be the most consistent of their albums. I get why everybody is raving about MCIS, but I felt that it's a bit bloated and could easily do without some of the more kitschy songs, while instead focus on the guitar heavy stuff. To be fair, they did that already with SD, so it makes sense that BC included more poppier songs on this one, I guess.
    That being sad, Billy and his antics make it incredibly hard to WANT to get into this band. I guess, if you've been a fan since the 90s you kinda got used to his beheavior? Or did it get bad only after the 90s?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I wonder what will it take for Billy to come to Trent's house and beg him to do a tour with him.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    If Billy is looking to bring a concept to this tour, I'd say he's got more than enough material in the classic SP era to make an appropriate setlist:

1. I Am One (when it comes to this band)
    2. So Very Sad About Us
    3. Zero (thought put into this)
    4. Thirty-Three (songs you've heard on every other tour we've done)
    5. Cash Car Grab Star
    6. Awful (Hole cover)
    7. Behold! The Nightmare
    8. (This arena sure is) Quiet
    9. STP (probably draws more fans than this)
    10. Shame
    11. Fuck You (A Reunion For No One)
    12. (Going to take a miracle for my fans) To Forgive
    13. Death of a Mind Band
    14. 1979 (total tickets sold so far)
    15. Infinite Sadness
    16. Once Upon a Time (we were pretty awesome)
    17. My Mistake
    18. Vanity
    19. (The fans have) Never Let Me Down Again
    20. Nobody's Fault But Mine (Zeppelin cover)
    21. She (won't be joining us on this tour, or any other)
    22. Atrocity Exhibition (Joy Division cover)
    23. Wish You Were Real (interested in this reunion thing)
    24. (This reunion is far from) Perfect
    25. Money, That's What I Want
    26. (Ticket sales slow as a) Snail
    27. There It Goes! (Our fanbase)
    28. Blew Away (my only shot at this)
    29. Our Singer (sure is an asshole) (Pavement cover w/ Stephen Malkmus)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Prettybrokenspiral
    An updated new SP EP tracklist just came in...

- Alienation D'arcy From The Tour
    - Travels The World Without D'arcy
    - Silvery Sometimes You Can Be Our Steven Adler
    - D'arcy In Her Toyota Solara
    - With Sympathy, But You're Not Our Bass Player
    - Marchin' On Without You, D'arcy
    - D'arcy Can't Be A Knight Of Malta Cuz She's A GIRL!
    - Seek and You Shall Destroy D'arcy

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The opening line of this article is hands down the most savage thing...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    With all of this drama about Billy Corgan trying to be relevant again. Here is what Eddie Vedder and Trent Reznor are doing right now with Vedder as Bruce Banner and Trent as Thor: