Page 69 of 150 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 4497

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Apparently D'arcy told them to take that article down and that her phone was hacked. Linda Strawberry, who is close with Billy, said to ignore that article and wait for an announcement from Billy himself. So I have no clue what the hell is going on.

If this is true, that is a shame cuz I heard that she was practicing bass and getting back into things and seemed she wanted to be involved. So did Billy screw her over? Is the band doing damage control over this?
    Sadly, I feel like this is going to wind up being true. I'm sure they (the band) just want to break the news in their own words and avoid the appearance of infighting or making it look like they treated Darcy like shit or didn't invite her to be part of the reunion. The fact that she hasn't been playing for over a decade and going from a rather secluded lifestyle, to being thrust back into the spotlight could prove to be too much. But here's hoping it's all bullshit and all four members can still be present!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Sadly, I feel like this is going to wind up being true. I'm sure they (the band) just want to break the news in their own words and avoid the appearance of infighting or making it look like they treated Darcy like shit or didn't invite her to be part of the reunion. The fact that she hasn't been playing for over a decade and going from a rather secluded lifestyle, to being thrust back into the spotlight could prove to be too much. But here's hoping it's all bullshit and all four members can still be present!
    It would be nice if maybe D'arcy can't be a part of the touring lifestyle, if she could at least be in the studio when they eventually record new material/new album one day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That sucks, I really hope she's part of it or it won't be as amazing as it could've been. Having James back is nice, but having all four would be incredible. I don't even care of they have a ghost-bassist, just throw her on stage!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Article's back up. I'm just going to wait this out. It's trying on the nerves, overanalyzing every single instagram post or rumor. I don't want to psych myself up for something that may or may not happen.

On that note, Billy's latest IG post describes these sessions as 16 songs worth of "demos and writing". So they didn't just record an album, clearly, and it might not be just Zwan tracks after all :P
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 01-22-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw it on Consequence of Sound too

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It'll be difficult for Billy to charge $400 for tickets if they don't have D'arcy there though so I'm sure that's got him deliberating hard

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It'll be difficult for Billy to charge $400 for tickets if they don't have D'arcy there though so I'm sure that's got him deliberating hard
    Apologies if I missed the post. Is that true- up to $400 a ticket?

I guess its not that absurd considering APC was doing something similar (for VIP) over the past year.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    He was doing VIPs for the last tour or two so while there's been no announcements of any kind for tickets, it's a surefire bet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Frankly, I'd be way happier with Melissa Auf der Maur coming back than D'arcy. But that's probably just me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Frankly, I'd be way happier with Melissa Auf der Maur coming back than D'arcy. But that's probably just me.
    If Darcy can't be part of it, she's the next best thing. At least she was part of the band in the past.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Plot twist: how about Paz? Seems appropriate, if they are really resurrecting some Zwan material. Is there any bad blood between Billy and her specifically?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    -Last I heard MadM also put her bass down for years to focus on family life and running an art installation. Which suits me fine, her bass tone always seemed too clunky for SP land for my tastes.

-Billy hates everyone from Zwan. Paz won't happen.

It's probably gonna be Jack Bates again, but frankly he should just ask for Nicole back. Her playing was a great fit for the group. It's a crying shame she never got to jam with Jimmy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    -Last I heard MadM also put her bass down for years to focus on family life and running an art installation. Which suits me fine, her bass tone always seemed too clunky for SP land for my tastes.

-Billy hates everyone from Zwan. Paz won't happen.

It's probably gonna be Jack Bates again, but frankly he should just ask for Nicole back. Her playing was a great fit for the group. It's a crying shame she never got to jam with Jimmy.
    Yeah, Paz will never happen. It sounds like everyone in Zwan wound up hating each other except BC & JC. Never heard of Jack Bates until I looked him up just now. Nicole coming back would be nice, I did always like her too and found her to be a good fit overall. Thoughts on Linda Strawberry? I don't know much about her, but have heard her name in relation to the band many times. Based on comments I've seen, most people don't seem to be big fans, though. I'm still holding out hope that Darcy can keep practicing and join the others for a summer or fall tour.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Remember when Billy trashed Stephen Malkmus and Pavement saying their reunion tour was "selling out" and a cashgrab....Oh the irony....At least ALL the members of Pavement reunited and they are all still friends..It was genuine with them..In the end, Billy boy turned out to be the "sell out" doing the cashgrab reunion tour (without the OG lineup no less)....No big deal since Pavement and Malkmus shit all over the entire Corgan discography anyway...I guess a Zwan reunion doesnt have same same ache as the Pumpkins reunion?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Nicole isn't gonna be in it either. Didn't Billy openly dismiss her (and Mike) for the "lack of commitment"?
    ...which leaves us with Ginger.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Remember when Billy trashed Stephen Malkmus and Pavement saying their reunion tour was "selling out" and a cashgrab....Oh the irony....At least ALL the members of Pavement reunited and they are all still friends..It was genuine with them..In the end, Billy boy turned out to be the "sell out" doing the cashgrab reunion tour (without the OG lineup no less)....No big deal since Pavement and Malkmus shit all over the entire Corgan discography anyway...I guess a Zwan reunion doesnt have same same ache as the Pumpkins reunion?
    I don't think Billy (or James or Jimmy) are "selling out" and I don't consider the impending reunion to be a cashgrab, either. They intended for all four members to reunite and we still haven't heard any official word about Darcy's involvement, just some shitty music blog I've never heard of. Also, the last I heard, they had all made up and considered each other friends again — including Darcy. Billy said that he didn't care if they ever played another note of music together again, as long as their personal relationships were repaired, which doesn't sound like a sell-out cashgrab kind of thing to say. It seems like no band that's broken up can get back together and do what they love (yes, while making some money), which is to go on tour, playing the music they made together without everyone on the internet accusing them of selling out. There may have been instances with other bands where it was done primarily to make a paycheck, but I don't think this is an example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nicole isn't gonna be in it either. Didn't Billy openly dismiss her (and Mike) for the "lack of commitment"?
    ...which leaves us with Ginger.
    Billy said a LOT of shit about James too and he's there. People can change their minds and make up.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I don't think Billy (or James or Jimmy) are "selling out" and I don't consider the impending reunion to be a cashgrab, either. They intended for all four members to reunite and we still haven't heard any official word about Darcy's involvement, just some shitty music blog I've never heard of. Also, the last I heard, they had all made up and considered each other friends again — including Darcy. Billy said that he didn't care if they ever played another note of music together again, as long as their personal relationships were repaired, which doesn't sound like a sell-out cashgrab kind of thing to say. It seems like no band that's broken up can get back together and do what they love (yes, while making some money), which is to go on tour, playing the music they made together without everyone on the internet accusing them of selling out. There may have been instances with other bands where it was done primarily to make a paycheck, but I don't think this is an example of that.

Billy said a LOT of shit about James too and he's there. People can change their minds and make up.

Some bands reunite and its genuine. They do it because they miss eachother and the music and the fans etc. Faith No More, Soundgarden, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr had genuine reunions..Then you have bands like Guns N Roses who clearly reunite for a cashgrab. I get the feeling those guys still hate eachother but they reunited to make a shitload of money touring...I think Billy is in that category. I doubt he is genuinely missing all his old band members, especially after all the shit he has talked about them. His solo album was a miserable disaster. It barely cracked the Top 200 (for a guy who used to have number 1 albums and has a monster ego, you can bet that rocked his foundation) It doesnt seem genuine. For a guy who BLASTED Pavements reunion, saying how they reunited to play greatest hits..and 7 years later, he is doing the same thing.....Range Life still burns Billy boy

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    All the shit Billy talked about his bandmates, James being a piece of shit, D'arcy being a mean-spirited drug addict?

That was from like 2004. Fourteen years ago.

I called my half-brother a fucking loser asshole with no prospects last month. We had a nice family dinner last week.

Nobody with perspective cares about this shit anymore, least of all the people concerned. It's old. It's kind of like how there's a huge contingent of Skinny Puppy fans who exist specifically to froth at the mouth that Trent ripped off Dig It in 1988.

I bet the members themselves hear about this stuff nowadays and roll their eyes. Billy's had a kid and that's a life-changing experience for sure. Maybe he's always been opportunistic, but it's pretty cynical to assume he sees everyone around him as a tool to make money.

I wonder if he told D'Arcy she was out over a mouthful of infants or endangered species

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Having children really changes perspectives and leads you to heal old wounds... I know the band Failure purely because the main song writers had kids around the same time and they even said so.

I know my whole world changed as soon as my son was born. some things that I thought were important when single, really just aren't...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Nope. His new hit single "I'm Fine" addresses this adequately.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    They've moved to Malibu and BC confirmed Rick Rubin's producing a new SP album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh shit! I'm hyped!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    They've moved to Malibu and BC confirmed Rick Rubin's producing a new SP album.
    Source? (not that I doubt the legitimacy of your claim, just want to see what else was said)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ugh..... Rubin producing is the absolute last thing I want to hear from a Pumpkins record. Prepare for overblown instruments and all kind of crackling from your car speakers.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah, Rubin is great at what he does but I don't see his style suiting SP much at all, especially if they're going for more of the classic feel with the original members at play. I would have loved for Flood to have come back.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Kinda weird that he adds Jimmy and Jeff's profiles to the studio photos, but not James.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I still believe it's Billy's second "WPC" album...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'll take Rick Rubin or literally anybody else over Bill and Howard Willing - AKA Bill telling Howard what to do - for another record. The point is it's somebody else. I liked Ogilala's sound.

This is the first time in ten years since he's both A) - had Jimmy in the studio with him and B) - handed production reins entirely off to someone else (and that's debatable, I think both he and JC copped to co-producing ZG). I'm hopeful.

Ed: I wish it were Butch Vig myself, but I'll take what I can get.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 01-30-2018 at 11:02 AM.