Page 13 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    First I've heard of the actual album sounding 'live', but I know the intent is to remix them both and release them with at the very least the track order Billy originally intended. That's what I've been looking forward to most out of all of these apart from MCIS (which, several months later, I reiterate sounds so fucking fantastic). Along with everyone else, my fingers are crossed that the last show at the Metro is included for the live footage. Ohhhh man.

There's been a hiatus of news, but supposedly all the Aeroplane B-sides have been mixed now and the Adore and Machina tapes are now being transferred.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Any news on new music though?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Any news on new music though?
    Just started apparently: http://loudwire.com/smashing-pumpkin...ing-new-album/
    I did not get on with Oceania, but I'll still at least give anything new a chance, I enjoyed Zeitgeist, though its not a patch on 1991-2000 era.

Bring on The Aeroplane Flies High is all I say.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I read somewhere that Machina will be released in 2013 as a double disc remastered set.Flood is remastering the album so it sounds like a Glass and the Ghost Children live set.
    Now,if they go ahead with that and release it,they should include live material,just like happened with Gish,SD and MCIS.Anyone else aware of this?
    yeah not quite — the "sounding live" thing is just that the storyline of Machina includes a middle part of the record set up as a concert put on by GATMOG. i doubt they'll be mixed to sound live, but we'll see.

Flood isn't a mastering engineer, and no one said he'd be coming back to touch reissues.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    as excited as i am to see the machina sessions come together as intended, i have grown to love both albums, as flawed as they are, and worry about revisionist history with this reissue in particular. i'm all for having a better sourced copy of machina II in lieu of a crummy vinyl rip, but i love the overproduced sisters of mercy-esque production on machina as well as the raw, uncompromised machina II.

we'll see, high hopes, medium expectations.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    As long as there aren't any long crossfades, I'm sure you can always rearrange songs to the original tracklists

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Smashing Pumpkins

I enjoy both of them. I enjoy the second one more, but enjoy both. Those albums are so underrated. Really can't wait to see how different its going to be. Supposed to be remixed also, maybe?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    As long as there aren't any long crossfades, I'm sure you can always rearrange songs to the original tracklists
    arrangements aren't the issue, i'm talking about changing the mixes entirely, as i hear they plan to do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Flood isn't a mastering engineer, and no one said he'd be coming back to touch reissues.
    http://hipstersunited.wordpress.com/...china-reissue/

Sorry about that.Flood isn't remastering as far as I know but he's definitely involved with the Machina reissue project.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Update on a little bit of the Aeroplane reissue's content. Some Gravity Demos, Double Door audio, and 2 live versions of Silverfuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Update on a little bit of the Aeroplane reissue's content. Some Gravity Demos, Double Door audio, and 2 live versions of Silverfuck.
    I think this release is only serving to drum up hype for the Adore reissue, which everyone and their sister is waiting patiently for.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'm actually (still) kinda surprised they're reissuing Aeroplane. Granted, there's a lot of material/b-sides there, but it's not an album. I'll probably end up checking it out though. Not sure what they can do with Adore though. Extra stuff should be cool. Doesn't really need remastering or anything though, IMO. I'm really just waiting for Machina to see what comes out of the new mix/track listing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm glad it's happening. A true album it isn't, maybe not even in the Pisces Iscariot sense, but it would work well enough on its own as collection of B-Sides if they forego the singles. They could fit it all on 2 discs plus a CD reserved for Pastichio and its outtakes.

For Adore, though there certainly are a few B-sides (and a few tracks which I think were recorded but ultimately wound up on Machina and/or its sessions), the treasure's in the live footage. The Adore tour had some amazing live performances, much of which was documented.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    it would work well enough on its own as collection of B-Sides if they forego the singles.
    Which they're not, as Billy just submitted 33 liner notes for it; no tracks dropped from the original.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 04-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm really curious as to what b-sides and bonus material is going to be on this one, as well as what the physical package is going to look like

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Isnt Aeroplane just a box of singles and their b sides?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Isnt Aeroplane just a box of singles and their b sides?
    Yep. But it's ALOT of b-sides.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So basically, he is reissuing a b-sides set with b-sides of the b-sides?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yeah, I guess so. But it comes with extra stuff as well. Personally, I would've just included the stuff with the Mellon Collie reissue. They probably realized it'd probably be easier on bank accounts if they didn't, even though it's the same era. I'm probably passing on this one. I could change my mind though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So basically, he is reissuing a b-sides set with b-sides of the b-sides?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ i like that you don't even have to write anything on that picture, anymore. everyone just gets the meme and it's almost always hilarious.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    new tour kicked off last night in florida. some interesting setlist additions, including porcelina, where boys fear to tread, rhinoceros, etc. VIP set included dross, ugly, and jennifer ever (!).

i know the new drummer can't hold a candle and billy's voice isn't what it used to be, but i'd still like to hear all of those songs someday.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Porcelina and Dross? Nice.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    1. Where Boys Fear To Tread
    2. Zero
    3. Starz
    4. Rhinoceros
    5. Rocket
    6. Space Oddity (David Bowie cover)
    7. X.Y.U.
    8. Disarm
    9. Tonite Reprise
    10. Tonight, Tonight

11. Oceania
    12. Violet Rays
    13. Quasar
    14. Chimera
    15. One Diamond, One Heart
    16. Pinwheels
    17. The Celestials
    18. Pale Horse

19. Ava Adore
    20. Cherub Rock
    21. Stand Inside Your Love
    22. I of the Mourning
    23. United States (altered version)

24. Bullet with Butterfly Wings
    25. Porcelina of the Vast Oceans

Okay, if they hit my town again I'm going. I NEED to see WBFTT live. Also kinda cool they're acknowledging Zeitgeist exists again, I guess. And fuck yeah Machina presence.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just curious, what are the b sides people are expecting most from the Adore re-issue? I don't know much about the sessions and IM sure someone on here knows more than most.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    of the ones that have been released, there's some gems from the era. this is what is officially "out there" that might be collected:

waiting
    once in a while
    czarina
    because you are
    my mistake
    summer (iha)
    sparrow (meh)
    saturnine (electronic version)
    winterlong
    soot and stars (love this one)
    blissed and gone (aka- 17. i believe there are several variants of this)
    end is the beginning is the end/beginning is the end
    eye

& a couple of official remixes from the era. i've always liked the kerry brown 'daphne descends' and there's a recently uncovered dennis flemion mix of 'pug' that might be a strong contender since he just recently passed away.

there's a bunch of bootlegged demo tapes from the era that are ripe for the picking, too:

chewing gum (always liked this one- kind of sad country)
    do you close your eyes
    lover (a song that was debuted live at the almost acoustic christmas- demoed for both adore/machina)
    joy
    cross
    without you
    satellites
    jersey shore
    valentine
    acoustic versions of adore cuts are a possibility, too.

and then there's always the rick rubin version of 'let me give the world to you' recorded in 97/98. hoping that will finally surface...
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 05-01-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I REALLY hope they put The End is the.../The Beginning is the... on the re-issue. I cant find my physical copy of the Batman and Robin soundtrack anymore haha
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 05-01-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    the only snag i see with that is the warner brothers hurdle. that's why the song didn't appear on rotten apples though it won a grammy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I REALLY hope they put The End is the.../The Beginning is the... on the re-issue. I cant find my physical copy of the Batman and Robin soundtrack anymore haha
    i've got a copy if you want it. just pay me back for shipping and it's yours. (i much prefer the batman forever soundtrack)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Its no big deal, Id just like to see the 2 songs on an actual re-issue of Adore. haha