Page 70 of 150 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @kleiner352 Yeah, I'd love Flood as well.
    @Shadaloo I would much rather Vig over Rubin, but still both of them are a bit too polished sounding. I would rather a producer like Flood who can capture that primal and emotional sound. He knows how to make production suit each track.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Does Flood still produce records?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Does Flood still produce records?
    I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he worked on Depeche Mode’s Delta Machine which was pretty recent.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he worked on Depeche Mode’s Delta Machine which was pretty recent.
    He (co-)produced PJ Harvey's latest, too, but that one's not really so good. She still puts on a hell of a show though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Brief updates from the Billster's IG:

"Ok, I misspoke. Today wasn't the last day in studio. More work ahead (lyrics, vocals, strings). Which I guess means something like 26 songs currently in various states of completion, production, insanity. But honestly, and I mean this from the heart, I'm very pleased to be this engaged with making new music at this point in my life. I started playing the guitar April 1, 1981, so almost 37 years later the colors remain vivid in my mind, there are still fresh (and dare I say provocative) subjects to address, and the guitar feels once again like the preferred weapon of choice."

Also, he's baby-smooth again.

He really wants us to know he feels super-charged. Trying to keep my enthusiasm in check, but...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what the skin discoloration on his left arm is all about? I just started noticing that in photos about a week ago and that was not always there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Does anyone know what the skin discoloration on his left arm is all about? I just started noticing that in photos about a week ago and that was not always there.
    Actually it has been. It's some skin thing he's always had. Look at the cover of his solo album The Future Embrace and you will see it there as well.

Last edited by neorev; 02-03-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Seriously... How the fuck have I never noticed that until now?! I used to just think he had dirt on his hand or something when that album came out.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's a port-wine stain. He's had it since birth and he used to really go out of his way to hide it, I'd wager because it caused him a lot of grief as a kid. I remember him specifically calling attention to it on the TFE cover as something he was trying to put behind him and no longer be ashamed of.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    It's a port-wine stain. He's had it since birth and he used to really go out of his way to hide it, I'd wager because it caused him a lot of grief as a kid. I remember him specifically calling attention to it on the TFE cover as something he was trying to put behind him and no longer be ashamed of.
    He DOES wear long-sleeve shirts almost exclusively. I'm just surprised because I've been a fan for over 20 years and am just now noticing that.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 02-03-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official line up confirmed: Billy, James, Jimmy, and Jeff

Band photo shoot:
    https://twitter.com/OzzyRhds/status/...0%7Ctwterm%5E3

New band should be called Billy And The Jaybirds

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Official line up confirmed: Billy, James, Jimmy, and Jeff

Band photo shoot:

New band should be called Billy And The Jaybirds
    Ugh

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Unfortunate but I'm not surprised. D'Arcy said she was playing bass again, Bill seemed encouraged to hear it, and now for whatever reason it seems like something happened. Maybe she couldn't hack it.

I'm OK with this as long as it's not billed as a reunion tour. Still more original members than have been involved with SP in a long time.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    All from second-hand stores, including the 4 livedownloads.com releases. Please forgive the condition.

CD - Singles, EPs, Live, B-Sides (included the Best Buy edition of Zeitgeist because of numerous bonus tracks):

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    All from second-hand stores, including the 4 livedownloads.com releases. Please forgive the condition.

CD - Singles, EPs, Live, B-Sides (included the Best Buy edition of Zeitgeist because of numerous bonus tracks):

Nice score! I have all of those livedownloads.com releases in FLAC. I really want to get that Aeroplane Flies High box as I only have the reissue CD boxset. Sadly we don't have any good CD stores around here without having to drive an hour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm okay with this lineup. It's the next best thing to a 100% original lineup. I met Jeff backstage a few years ago and he was a very nice and surprisingly humble and down-to-Earth guy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't have a problem with that line-up either. Jeff earned his spot in the band as he's a damn good musician.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was reading comments over at Netphoria and while I too am disappointed that Darcy couldn't be included (maybe later? like a surprise appearance?), everyone's just bitching that it's "not a reunion." I mean, no, it's not a 100% complete reunion of all four members, but it is still a reunion for the other 75% of them. Also, I remember being insanely jealous of the audiences in LA and Chicago in March of 2016 that were lucky enough to be surprised with seeing James join SP onstage when Jimmy was drumming again. The Pumpkins were my first musical love and they were my favorite band until I discovered NIN, and yet I never saw the original (or even the Machina-era lineup with Melissa) lineup live. I've only seen the Billy, Jeff, Nicole, & Mike Oceania tour and the Billy, Jeff + drum machine "In plainsong" tour. Three of the four original members is good enough for me and I'm definitely excited. I'll be buying a ticket to see these guys the minute they're available.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @sonic_discord
    I got to see Billy and Jimmy together on the Manson co-tour and I must say that line up was powerful. I am psyched to have James back. Would it have been cool to have all 4 original members together? Sure. But to be honest, D'arcy is probably the most expendable. It would be fine if she was to just join them in the studio for the album recording.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think this photo shoot is still missing the bass player, none of the currently known band members will be handling bass, so we are still missing one player here and it could be anyone, patience!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Likelihood Billy wields the bass this tour?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Unless the new bassist is just a touring member/nobody of any importance to the band, why would they do a photoshoot with incomplete lineup?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Unless the new bassist is just a touring member/nobody of any importance to the band, why would they do a photoshoot with incomplete lineup?
    Maybe there's an interview or article that's about to be featured in a magazine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's not D'arcy I hope it's Melissa. Here's what she said when all the reunion rumors started after Billy took out that full page ad to revive and renew the Pumpkins back in '06.

"As long as Billy has Jimmy, he can make the essential Pumpkins record, I'm sure," former Pumpkins bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur tells Billboard.com, adding that while she is not involved in any reunion plans, "my services are always there to play my favorite songs. If D'arcy is not available, I'm always happy to be second in line."

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Billy just posted a gigantic paragraph of text on IG that outlines a few points. Edited from Billy's flower-speak:

-He's not playing bass, Jeff's not playing bass, James isn't playing bass (though he apparently did for all of Machina).

And: "...be here now, live in the present. There truly is no past (but that which lives in your mind), and the future too is but a dream. So kindly, truly, embrace the life you are living TODAY Which reminds me of a song that I also played bass on..."

So that, I would assume, is his roundabout way of confirming that D'Arcy will not be involved and whoever's on bass is either still up in the air or they're not ready to talk about it yet. But then he follows it up with "#becarefulwhatyouwishfor"...
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 02-05-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Nice score! I have all of those livedownloads.com releases in FLAC. I really want to get that Aeroplane Flies High box as I only have the reissue CD boxset. Sadly we don't have any good CD stores around here without having to drive an hour.
    The majority of these came from about an hour away, from Bloomington-Normal. They have Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan so the used selections are "interesting", to put it one way.

I've looked in to buying the rest of the livedownloads shows, but I'd have to buy them all to get a deal. Also, they apparently don't come packaged with the outer box anymore.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I dont give a shit about the Pumpkins, but a girl I am friends with did the makeup for this photo shoot...I told her to ask Billy what happened to the bass player but she was 2 nervous

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Who is the "flaxen Saxxon" that he alludes to being rumored to have played bass on Machina?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    D'arcy...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    D'arcy...
    I mean, that was my first guess, but I figured he would have just mentioned her by name if that were the case. Why avoid saying her name? Whatever.