Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Shogun (2024) limited series by Atticus Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shogun (2024) limited series by Atticus Ross

Just so it's on people's radar, Atticus and Leopold Ross did the score for the upcoming FX/Hulu series Shogun

Mod edit: https://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/sho...ide/soundtrack
    https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/sh.../wcv25aftrqn7a
    Last edited by TheBang; 02-27-2024 at 09:24 PM. Reason: link added

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Loving the Shōgun score, but it's 46 minutes for like... 10 hours of television? That's weird.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Loving the Shōgun score, but it's 46 minutes for like... 10 hours of television? That's weird.
    I really hate that. The one thing I'll give the Star Wars shows on Disney+ is that they release a score EP a week when the episodes drop. Not sure if those are complete, but at least when the season is done you have a lot more than just a sampler.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    I really hate that. The one thing I'll give the Star Wars shows on Disney+ is that they release a score EP a week when the episodes drop. Not sure if those are complete, but at least when the season is done you have a lot more than just a sampler.
    Yeah, I love that, but I know that's not realistic in a lot of cases. Atticus and co. may have only done an hour or so of music, but this being a big, sweeping epic, I would expect there to be a lot more. So either it's a really minimalist show musically, or there's plenty of music, and they only released a small percentage. Odd either way.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Is it possible there's more than 1 score album? By other artists I mean. Remember Vietnam War? It had TRAR album, two compilation albums of contemporary music, plus additional scoring from two other performers (not sure if they had their own albums) and older NIN and TRAR music reused.

And no doubt some themes would be repeated throughout the series.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is it possible there's more than 1 score album? By other artists I mean. Remember Vietnam War? It had TRAR album, two compilation albums of contemporary music, plus additional scoring from two other performers (not sure if they had their own albums) and older NIN and TRAR music reused.
    It's possible, but Atticus+ are the only credited composers, so I doubt it.

I just scrubbed through the first episode, and there's plenty of music. Who knows, maybe there will be future volumes release in the future or an extended album on Bandcamp or something.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Apparently there was four hours of music composed or sketched out in various forms, i too wonder if we'll get to hear more now than what was released thus far but i'm guessing they just narrowed everything down to the best compositions.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Variety interview with the composers https://variety.com/2024/artisans/ne...ld-1235942245/