Page 1 of 55 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gone Girl (2014)

As I'm sure some of you are well aware, David Fincher's next movie is Gone Girl and its coming out in early October next year. Given the great relationship he's had with Trent, who thinks that Trent will score the film? I for one hope he finds the time but it might not be possible with the amount of touring he's planning on doing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If I had to guess, I'd say TR isn't going to be involved. He's definitely touring next year, who knows how long. Plus this is the kind of project that I'm guessing he'd pass on as the plot sounds more standard Hollywood fare that would probably require a more conventional composer to do anyway. Jeff Beal (from House Of Cards) would be a good choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say TR isn't going to be involved. He's definitely touring next year, who knows how long. Plus this is the kind of project that I'm guessing he'd pass on as the plot sounds more standard Hollywood fare that would probably require a more conventional composer to do anyway. Jeff Beal (from House Of Cards) would be a good choice.
    I really liked Jeff Beal's score for HOC but i wouldn't be surprised if Fincher used Atticus Ross, given that he's the other half of the award winning duo. He might even go back to Howard Shore who did the music for Se7en, The Game, and Panic Room. Either way i really hope TR finds the time in his schedule for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tr does have some open timeframes from now till what Oct?? when movie comes out..Hopefully will work on it , will see movie anyways.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Trent just confirmed that he and Atticus will be scoring this film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Trent just confirmed that he and Atticus will be scoring this film.
    Very exciting stuff. I did not see this coming at all. Now that it is confirmed it gives us plenty of time to save up for the super deluxe vinyl edition
    Last edited by Santos L Halper; 01-21-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Holy shit. Time to get excited about film scores again.

And save up for the eighteen different formats it'll be offered on...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Fucking A!
    Hope I can afford the vinyl this time...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    YES. I'm going to lose my mind if he ends up putting out a Bluray/5.1 version, similar to the TSN. (Hardest item to find ever, btw.)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I am very very excited for this!! Honestly, having Trent and Atticus scoring movies has made me appreciate the soundtrack/score to a movie even more. When I go to a film now, I pay more attention to the music and how it effects the emotion on screen.

With just reading the premise of the movie, I hope this means there is some Swarmatron action in this one!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So happy there's going to be another soundtrack. Loved the first two, and frankly, anything new from T & A is bound to be all kinds of great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    anything new from T & A is bound to be all kinds of great.
    You can never have enough T&A.

I though this film had already come out for some reason?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    You can never have enough T&A.
    Glad someone picked up on my juvenile train of thought!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I though this film had already come out for some reason?
    mixed it up with 47 Ronin?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    YES. I'm going to lose my mind if he ends up putting out a Bluray/5.1 version, similar to the TSN. (Hardest item to find ever, btw.)

It was only hard to find if you didn't purchase it from the nullco website at the beginning. It took me forever to track down the 2 that I have. One sealed, the other open.

As far as Gone Girl, I don't see this getting the same "release" treatment that TSN & TGWTDT scores had...I may be wrong and I hope I am but for some reason I see this getting a standard CD release.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Why don't you think it'll get the same treatment as the previous scores? The book was very well-received, so there's going to be a good audience for the film. I hadn't really heard anything about it before this announcement, though.

I'm expecting a TSN-style treatment for it, especially after the GDT deluxe box fiasco. CD, standard vinyl, maybe some other weird format like TSN. But definitely a sampler to build hype. And besides, we're still nine months out from the film's release - we're not going to hear more about this for a while.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    It was only hard to find if you didn't purchase it from the nullco website at the beginning.
    Sadly, because I'm a fool, that's the category I fall into

Keeping my eyes open now, though. Can't even locate a good rip online (that being a last resort, of course ), unless I'm not digging deep enough. Ah well, I will hopefully hear it one day.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Good. We're almost a month into 2014 and there hasn't been a single album I already knew I would buy on release day.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Sadly, because I'm a fool, that's the category I fall into

Keeping my eyes open now, though. Can't even locate a good rip online (that being a last resort, of course ), unless I'm not digging deep enough. Ah well, I will hopefully hear it one day.
    You wont find a "good rip" of the BD audio. You need the actual BD to really experience it. I would ask around int he NIN Marketplace here to see who is selling one.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm not familiar at all with the book nor the movie adaptation.
    Should we expect a soundtrack similar to TGWADT or does this story has a different atmosphere/vibe?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've only read novel synopsis at Wikipedia and I think we can expect something more similar to Dragon Tattoo score than to Social Network. It's about a guy who can't find his wife and investigates whether he himself killed her.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is great news, personally I really enjoy listening to TSN/Dragon OSTs. Especially while I work (reporting & analytics; boring) I swear that my productivity improves when I listen to the Dragon OST.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Should we expect a soundtrack similar to TGWADT or does this story has a different atmosphere/vibe?
    Well it's a story about love, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm.
    You see Deepvoid, Billy was a simple country boy. You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Well it's a story about love, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm.
    You see Deepvoid, Billy was a simple country boy. You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.
    Nice Kramer reference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hitchcockian, or at least that is the approach I hope Fincher takes. It is difficult to talk about the story without spoiling it, but I expect it will be lighter than the previous two movies. Some potential scenes of humor that could be played more broadly than is written in the book. The composer most associated with Hitchcock is Bernard Herrmann, whose score for Taxi Driver has been mentioned by TR as a favorite.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Stoked for this! Hopefully in 2014 we get Gone Girl sndtrk, The Fragile deluxe and Interscope's Greatest Hits package..

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Stoked for this! Hopefully in 2014 we get Gone Girl sndtrk, The Fragile deluxe and Interscope's Greatest Hits package..
    I was almost ready to place money down that the Fragile deluxe re-issue would have dropped this September to go with the 15th anniversary of the album, but based on his recent comments on the new interview posted today in the NIN spotting section (i'll link it down below), I have doubts that this album will not come out now in time for September. He said the mixing and packaging is done, but the other day he found 40 unreleased demos from that era that he might want to include with the package. If that's the case, this release is NOT coming out this fall, he's way too busy. He has to still tour Europe and finish Gone Girl by the fall, which I barely see happening. And if the rumors are true with another supposive US tour this summer, there goes ANY time he had for Gone Girl, let alone The Fragile. I honestly have no idea how this man does it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope we get a Dragon Tattoo style soundtrack ( lots of tunes)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trailer is allegedly being released shortly.
    According to some people who had the chance to review the trailer, we won't be hearing any new song from TR/AR.
    Charles Aznavour "She" is allegedly used.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...and-disturbing