Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Rosnor****
    Trenticus Rezross

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    'Rezross' sounds like something you'd expect to find daubed in red on a hotel wall.

I do however 100% condone Trentticus Rossnor.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    TRAR is just easier, or Atticus and the other guy

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I worry about the lot of us. I got on here thinking I'd be funny using Trentticus Rossnor only to find it already being thrown about.
    Technically Missing is awesome. Want to watch the movie again this weekend!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I like the new soundtrack but I think it's missing something with the emotional intensity of 'What if We Could?'

But then again, I guess that's not what this movie is about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rezicus Rockidocious-Latin for Trent and Atticus rock.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    Spoiler: That throat slit was pretty intense on its own.
    but GODDAMN, the music was PERFECT!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rezicus deservous magnificus awardus- Latin for Reznor and Atticus deserve another Oscar.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is all I have to say about this soundtrack: in my opinion, it is an instrumental adaptation of the book. If you've read the book and have the score, but have yet to see the film, you can still identify the scenes that go along with the music. This is a sign of a great soundtrack, I think.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Fell asleep last night listening to the soundtrack and fuckin Consummation woke me up from a dead sleep Scary shit. I believe someone on here has had this happen in the past week or two.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Fell asleep last night listening to the soundtrack and fuckin Consummation woke me up from a dead sleep Scary shit. I believe someone on here has had this happen in the past week or two.
    Me. O.o. It's pretty brutal isn't it?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Me. O.o. It's pretty brutal isn't it?

It genuinely scared me because I woke up not realizing i was still listening to music and FURKKKK! Hahaha It was spooky.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I'm guessing Trent and Atticus are pretty much a lock for an Oscar nom at this point, right? I mean, the Gone Girl score is pretty amazing. Understated but vital. It's the best movie score I've heard in a while.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyinterstellar View Post
    So I'm guessing Trent and Atticus are pretty much a lock for an Oscar nom at this point, right? I mean, the Gone Girl score is pretty amazing. Understated but vital. It's the best movie score I've heard in a while.
    Maybe, maybe not. TGWTDT didn't get one, and Atticus' solo stuff hasn't (though releasing in January is just a bad idea to win an award). Not to mention, the academy is so obsessed with orchestral music that they often flat out ignore stuff that is more different.

Also, best score of the year ... might have to go to The Imitation Game for me anyway #sorrynotsorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is apparently an interview with Ross/Reznor in the Film Score Monthly October issue, for those willing to pay. I don't know if it is anything new or just blurbs taken from other interviews.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    There is apparently an interview with Ross/Reznor in the Film Score Monthly October issue, for those willing to pay. I don't know if it is anything new or just blurbs taken from other interviews.
    Argh I don't want to drop $5.95 on a possible 1 paragraph thing

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/fsmo...fm?issueID=118 for those who do and feel like sending me a screengrab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Absolutely not. They'll be among those considered, but what you have to realize is that non-orchestral scores are rarely nominated. The Social Network score was aided by the overall worth of the movie, as indicated by the number of nominations. The way I understand the nomination process is that for many of the categories voting is closed to most of the Academies 6000 members. Instead the members who are in that particular field (composition, in this case) would select the five who are nominated, then the voting is opened up to all 6000 members to select a winner from the five. What this means is that the Gone Girl score could be heavily favored among the 6000, and still not be one of the top five as selected by the small minority. Generally this is an old boys club, with the same people receiving votes every year (John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Desplat), along with one or two fresh faces. No John Williams this year helps, but Zimmer and Desplat might take up three of the nomination spots.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm not even sure if it'll be something up for Best Picture. I think what is the closest thing to a lock by now is that Rosamund Pike will get a nom for Best Actress.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. TGWTDT didn't get one, and Atticus' solo stuff hasn't (though releasing in January is just a bad idea to win an award). Not to mention, the academy is so obsessed with orchestral music that they often flat out ignore stuff that is more different.

Also, best score of the year ... might have to go to The Imitation Game for me anyway #sorrynotsorry
    A guy I work with who has already seen Interstellar said that Hans Zimmer is pretty much sure to knock TR/AR out for Best Score as his work for Interstellar is the best work he's ever done and he can see the Academy tapping all over it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    And Zimmer is allowed to use pre-made music in his scores so he has an advantage :P

(still sore that Inception wasn't called out for that, and yes, I have the FYC to be sure)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    A guy I work with who has already seen Interstellar said that Hans Zimmer is pretty much sure to knock TR/AR out for Best Score as his work for Interstellar is the best work he's ever done and he can see the Academy tapping all over it.
    Hans should get an Oscar for "The Thin Red Line". Besides "The Prince of Egypt" it is considered as his "the best" score. "The Lion King" was not so bad, but when we will compare it to TTRL or TPOE, then we will realize that Hans should get an Oscar for one of these scores instead of "The Lion King". If Hans composed a score for the "Interstellar" as good as TTRL or TPOE then it is quite possible that Academy will award him with another Oscar.

But I hope that Trent and Atticus will win once again. :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not a lock but I'd say they have a good chance. TSN got noticed as it was a unique film in many ways and a score that was different and powerful and made by already established popular musicians doing something different (notice Nick Cave's done a lot of score work, but nothing interesting enough to garner any kind of accolade - although Jesse James is great). The likes of Cliff Martinez and David Holmes have been doing good electronic scores for a while, but none with the power of TR/AR, but it was the overall quality of the film that helped the score get noticed.

Gone Girl's score is fantastic, and the music is such a massive, massive part of the film - much more than TGWTDT and arguably TSN. There's also been so, so much press about the production behind the score and TR/AR's methods (this is rare when it comes to BTS production on a film) and I've read loads about TR being recognised as a composer in his own right now after only 3 films. Judging by Gone Girl's success I think it will definitely get nods for best picture, best director and potentially best actress (and probably a nod for Affleck to while they're at it). With this I reckon a best score nod for TR/AR is likely and if so they have every chance of going on to win it, but who really knows! Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Whether they get nominated or not is up in the air of course, but I'd venture that all this press Trent is doing is a sign that they definitely WANT to get nominated.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Whether they get nominated or not is up in the air of course, but I'd venture that all this press Trent is doing is a sign that they definitely WANT to get nominated.
    For both ego and pay packet, I'm sure anyone would want to get nominated for a major award in their field :P

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Gone Girl's score is fantastic, and the music is such a massive, massive part of the film - much more than TGWTDT and arguably TSN. There's also been so, so much press about the production behind the score and TR/AR's methods (this is rare when it comes to BTS production on a film) and I've read loads about TR being recognised as a composer in his own right now after only 3 films. Judging by Gone Girl's success I think it will definitely get nods for best picture, best director and potentially best actress (and probably a nod for Affleck to while they're at it). With this I reckon a best score nod for TR/AR is likely and if so they have every chance of going on to win it, but who really knows! Fingers crossed.
    I have read and watched a few polish reviews of the movie. In case of every review - the reviewer(s) was(were) impressed by the way how this score actually works in the movie. I have never seen such attention to a score of Fincher's movie reviews before - especially in polish magazines, websites, etc. And that sounds very promising for TR/AR for getting at least a nomination.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    He's probably doing it more for Fincher and the film in general. He seems to really respect that man, and I'd wager sees doing all that press as an extension of "being in service" to the film.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    They did another Q&A thing last night - that Atticus Finch! (what is it with that, I've seen Atticus called this so many times on twitter, is there an atticus finch somewhere or are they confusing with fincher somehow???)

https://twitter.com/serenamckinney/s...85643568832512

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So there's some Badalamenti/Lynch influence in there, some of the other expected influences, but the track "Procedural" almost has a Jan Hammer/Harold Faltermeyer in the sequencing feel to it which surprised me.